5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Engineer's Ultimate Guide To 3.21 VS 3.92 Axle Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know. Even with 3.92 gears, the V6 might not be strong enough to haul all the extra payload of the 33 gallon tank. 🤣😂😅😆
6UG8Yn.gif

D3vans

Reaction score
Thanks! That's true, people seek evidences that support their own beliefs. For 3.92 lovers here, I list the exact reason why 3.92 is better for towing, and for 3.21 lovers, I list exact reason why 3.21 is better for fuel economy. There's something for everyone. Personally, I am leaning 3.21 because I don't plan on owning a boat over 5000lbs, and all the 8000lb and above travel trailers require a 5th wheel found in HD trucks. To be honest, I would most likely be hauling air 99% of the time. If I ever own a boat over 10000lbs, I would probably have enough money laying around for a F350 Tremor. I'm sure many of you with horses or heavy construction equipment would benefit greatly from 3.92. I'm just an engineer chained to a desk.
Love it man! The tail end of the original article points directly to your affinity of the 3:21! I appreciate the original posting you were able to be unbiased in your write up keeping true with the facts and not over complicating anything! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread