5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Engineer's Ultimate Guide To 3.21 VS 3.92 Axle Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good thing you didn't buy that TV. Paper towels probably maxed out your payload and the 3.21s wouldn't have moved the truck with it loaded up anyway.

But hey, at least you got that 33 gallon tank so you can make multiple trips to the store. :LOL:
Hahaha! You beat me to it with the maxed payload. Hey those big Costco packs of paper towels can get heavy for the 3.21 guys you know!

Ramjack

Reaction score
Ok, so I have to admit: I made a Costco run this morning with the wifey. It's only 6 miles away but the Big Ho' almost overheated because Oikos yogurt was on sale and I have 3.21 gears. Good thing it wasn't time to replenish my supply of Benefiber or I likely would've never made it home without calling AAA.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, so I have to admit: I made a Costco run this morning with the wifey. It's only 6 miles away but the Big Ho' almost overheated because Oikos yogurt was on sale and I have 3.21 gears. Good thing it wasn't time to replenish my supply of Benefiber or I likely would've never made it home without calling AAA.
Wait did you just call your wife "Big Ho"...dude I love this forum

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's La Croix.
tenor.gif

Idahoktm

Reaction score

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok,you roast your own? I am beyond intrigued!!, I grow my own hops, but, roast is another level
Yeah, I keep a stash around and roast what I need when I need it on a Fresh Roast.
PXL_20201116_220352235.jpg
Screenshot_20220306-072322.png
Screenshot_20220306-072334.png

I also butcher my own deer and hogs so I'm pretty secure in sippin La Croix and rolling with 3.21s.

Drinking a little Gesha this morning.
PXL_20220306_132912544.NIGHT.jpg

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A nose miner with a sippy cup in a brand new truck with white interior. Are you nuts? 🥵
Luckily I don't keep car seats in it. We have 3 vehicles so it's easy to say no. The first thing my 5 year old said when she climbed in it was, "WOW, Can we eat in this?" 😱

Scram1500

Reaction score

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Mirowpl

Reaction score
3.21 gears rule. Period end of story.

The 3.92 group seem to be the ones constantly having to beat their chests about how much better they are To jstwhythey spend on this money on their truck that they never seem to use it’s capabilities. Meanwhile the 3.21 group just does it job. Btw, I haul firewood, trailer my boat, haul dirt/gravel, I fish and yes I go to the grocery store, I go with my wife to help her shop for clothes and even hold her purse from time to time. i even cook and do dishes from time to time, but I smoke meats on my smoker and grill most meals that I can. I drink lite beer and bourbon. I love my wife of 36 years of marriage and our two grown boys.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
3.21 gears rule. Period end of story.

The 3.92 group seem to be the ones constantly having to beat their chests about how much better they are To jstwhythey spend on this money on their truck that they never seem to use it’s capabilities. Meanwhile the 3.21 group just does it job. Btw, I haul firewood, trailer my boat, haul dirt/gravel, I fish and yes I go to the grocery store, I go with my wife to help her shop for clothes and even hold her purse from time to time. i even cook and do dishes from time to time, but I smoke meats on my smoker and grill most meals that I can. I drink lite beer and bourbon. I love my wife of 36 years of marriage and our two grown boys.
You haven't been paying much attention to the replies in this thread about who is beating chests about which gears are better. This thread was started specifically to beat ones chest about how the 3.21s were better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread