5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ambient Lighting Issues

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why not let the dealer fix it? I was apprehensive as well, but they did a great job and fixed the issue (no light at all).
Just concerned about them having to remove so many dash panels to swap the upper box. I looked at the Alldata site and it's quite a few panels that I fear may be scratched...maybe I'm just being overly paranoid.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They replaced the LED module/strip.
Ahhh. But your lights weren't working mine are working just uneven across the top so I dont know if that will solve my problem. I'd probably not have a problem with just swapping the light strip.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just concerned about them having to remove so many dash panels to swap the upper box. I looked at the Alldata site and it's quite a few panels that I fear may be scratched...maybe I'm just being overly paranoid.
That was my concern also, but I figured that I had spent so much money on a vehicle, I will let them fix it, and if they don't fix it right, I will just have them do it again until it's fixed.

I can tell you that in my case, I cannot even tell that anyone's worked on it. And my OCD is very real... ;)

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was my concern also, but I figured that I had spent so much money on a vehicle, I will let them fix it, and if they don't fix it right, I will just have them do it again until it's fixed.

I can tell you that in my case, I cannot even tell that anyone's worked on it. And my OCD is very real... ;)
Thanks for the info. I have OCD to a ridiculous level as well which keeps me from getting things like this done. I like your attitude about it so I guess I'll take your advice. We all paid too much for these trucks to not have them perfect.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I agree, lots of money on this truck to be stressing about letting them fixing it right. My list is starting to add up.. its about time to head to dealer. Ugh

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I agree, lots of money on this truck to be stressing about letting them fixing it right. My list is starting to add up.. its about time to head to dealer. Ugh
I already had part one of my list taken care of when it was in the shop for 5 weeks for an Etorque issue. Part 2 is getting pretty long and I'm about to bring it in for an oil change so I'll add the upper glovebox ambient lighting issue to it.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
That could be, had not thought of that...so now my next question, haha. Anyone got a part number/diagram for the laramie glove box? I'm really trying to pin down something that states the truck should have come with the light strip. Mine is missing altogether so I just want to be certain.
I don't think it would be missing, it's most likely just not working. Me -as well as many others- got light strips that just don't work at all, I've looked up there and see the strip but it doesn't light up for some reason.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I already had part one of my list taken care of when it was in the shop for 5 weeks for an Etorque issue. Part 2 is getting pretty long and I'm about to bring it in for an oil change so I'll add the upper glovebox ambient lighting issue to it.
I hear that, besides the trans seepage. It’s been a great truck and feel like a king ever time I jump in it. The glove box light and other nit pick stuff are small. While it’s there get it done, if nothing else documented. If issues arise down the road.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I hear that, besides the trans seepage. It’s been a great truck and feel like a king ever time I jump in it. The glove box light and other nit pick stuff are small. While it’s there get it done, if nothing else documented. If issues arise down the road.
Yeah, that’s what I did. Lo-pri but but always nagging at me since that whole side of the dash was dark. Even then, I waited until I had a list of little things to get done on one trip.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s what I did. Lo-pri but but always nagging at me since that whole side of the dash was dark. Even then, I waited until I had a list of little things to get done on one trip.
Agreed. Thanks folks.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed. Thanks folks.
Quick question guys. Because the ambient lighting is only visible in darkness how did you show the dealership that there was an issue and was it a problem? I took pictures of how mine looks with the uneven light across the top but figured it might present a problem when trying to explain the issue to the dealer. I also wondered how they could test it after repair to see that its corrected. I assume they need to view it at night to ensure it's fixed. Just wondering if you all had any issues.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^^I take pics and send to my salesperson via phone and email the pics with truck info to service manager

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^^I take pics and send to my salesperson via phone and email the pics with truck info to service manager
Great thanks. My Service Manager is a really good guy so shouldn't be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread