5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ambient Lighting Issues

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You have one light that should be working. Right above the center console in the overhead housing between the two map lights. No idea why it's there.
I could be way out on a limb. it’s so you can see your stuff in console, drinks and that. With out putting the main ones on.:unsure:

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wives van has that which was one of first times I’ve seen it on a “regular” lvl vehicle even back in’12. Thought it was a nice touch and thought of detail for a kiddo hauler.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good morning.

Actually, I've already had the original upper glove box replaced because the interior lamp would not switch off when the door was closed. Other than the lamp across the top is unbalanced, there were no apparent repair quality issues with the replacement. There were no tool marks or any evidence of the replacement at all.

Of course, that could be dependent on the competency of the technician. Mine, apparent, was good.

As an aside, I talked to the technician a few weeks ago and he said mine was the first one he had to replace, but he's done four others.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 008323 miles.
Thanks. All of my lighting works it's just uneven across the top of the box. I guess I'll have to decide if I want to have them replace it.

silverbullet

Reaction score
Now I just have to hope this forum will serve as proof to the dealer. I emailed FCA to confirm but they're worthless and directed me to the dealer that was not sure. Still waiting to get my mirrors auto fold fixed and the 2nd dealer I've been to ordered me a new mirror. FCA literally told me they could not force them to fix my mirror and that they would call another dealer to make an appointment...isn't that helpful? FCA customer support has been beyond worthless the entire step of the way and I think the fact that I got them involved is the reason my dealership gave me the boot in the first place. I had been going there for years until they refused to honor my warranty. I now drive 40 minutes instead of 5 but the service department is much better so far...fingers crossed...and one finger up to FCA customer care.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Now I just have to hope this forum will serve as proof to the dealer. I emailed FCA to confirm but they're worthless and directed me to the dealer that was not sure. Still waiting to get my mirrors auto fold fixed and the 2nd dealer I've been to ordered me a new mirror. FCA literally told me they could not force them to fix my mirror and that they would call another dealer to make an appointment...isn't that helpful? FCA customer support has been beyond worthless the entire step of the way and I think the fact that I got them involved is the reason my dealership gave me the boot in the first place. I had been going there for years until they refused to honor my warranty. I now drive 40 minutes instead of 5 but the service department is much better so far...fingers crossed...and one finger up to FCA customer care.
RAM sCARES... Sheesh.

Tryanlindsey

Reaction score
There are actually 2 lights that I am having issues with in the dash of my 2019 Ram Laramie. There is a LED inside the upper box in the middle that stays on all the time. The second upper light is tied to when the headlights are on and really stands out because the box is uneven. Could they issue an update to turn them off in the menu just like the daytime running lights in the radio menu?

Attachments

• 20190115_222539.jpg
    20190115_222539.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
  • 20190115_224436.jpg
    20190115_224436.jpg
    1,019.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 20190115_224400.jpg
    20190115_224400.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
There are actually 2 lights that I am having issues with in the dash of my 2019 Ram Laramie. There is a LED inside the upper box in the middle that stays on all the time. The second upper light is tied to when the headlights are on and really stands out because the box is uneven. Could they issue an update to turn them off in the menu just like the daytime running lights in the radio menu?
That's a known issue. Others have gotten this fixed by the dealer.

Cheers,

Tryanlindsey

Reaction score
That's a known issue. Others have gotten this fixed by the dealer.

Cheers,
Which one is a known issue the light staying on all the time or the uneven box layout? Also if it's a known issue why should it leave the car lot?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Which one is a known issue the light staying on all the time or the uneven box layout? Also if it's a known issue why should it leave the car lot?
Sorry. The light staying on. I would have them check the uneven lighting while at it.

silverbullet

Reaction score
Me thinks he meant known to the fella's on the forum here that are in the know. You're not wrong in thinking it should not leave the lot but your standards are higher than theirs. I feel your pain.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello,

I’m having issues with the ambient lighting in my ‘19 Laramie. The light above the glove box only works some of the time, the other lights work as they should. Is anyone else having this issue? I’m going to take it to the dealer, but I’m a little nervous about how much would have to be removed to get to the light itself if it needs to be replaced. I’ve tracked acouple pics to show you what I’m talking about.

Thanks
Does anyone know if the top glovebox door has any adjustment capability? I have the uneven ambient with the bright light coming through the upper right top corner like some other folks on the forum. I would like to try and fix it myself if at all possible. I figured if the door had some adjustment I could attempt to realign it and even out the lighting. I hate the thought of having the dealer replace the door or entire box.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^ that idk but looking at the led strip itself looks different left to right on mine

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@MJP from right side little leds are super close then spread way out as you move to left of strip. May be my ocd, just lols weird. Tried to take a pic couldn’t get my phone in there to see it

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@MJP from right side little leds are super close then spread way out as you move to left of strip. May be my ocd, just lols weird. Tried to take a pic couldn’t get my phone in there to see it
I will take a look at mine. Maybe the strip is screwed up. I do get some light across the box but very little compared to the right corner which is very bright. It would be nice if there was a fix without swapping the entire box. I attached a picture of mine.

Attachments

• 20181226_181148.jpg
    20181226_181148.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 57

silverbullet

Reaction score
I was under the assumption that the light was part of the glove box, which is why some people were saying they needed their whole glove box replaced.
That could be, had not thought of that...so now my next question, haha. Anyone got a part number/diagram for the laramie glove box? I'm really trying to pin down something that states the truck should have come with the light strip. Mine is missing altogether so I just want to be certain.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I will take a look at mine. Maybe the strip is screwed up. I do get some light across the box but very little compared to the right corner which is very bright. It would be nice if there was a fix without swapping the entire box. I attached a picture of mine.
Why not let the dealer fix it? I was apprehensive as well, but they did a great job and fixed the issue (no light at all).

Users who are viewing this thread