5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine 10sp - ongoing results from testing ANC, speaker polarities, wiring harnesses...

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any of you guys use this already? Wanting to purchase it...
Somebody has to be the guinea pig. Let us know how it works out lol. I'm sure it will be fine. Looks like the factory harness plugs into it, then the wires for the ANC are essentially capped off in their plug, and the other end plugs into the amp without them. Good solution if you don't feel like unpinning the wires yourself. I need to do mine, it is causing issues when on the phone since I swapped my speakers.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe they will give a free one to the first person volunteering to spell check their website? :rolleyes:
Their spelling mistakes are only the beginning of the problems with their website. They also mention plugging it into the amp located below the passenger seat or under the steering wheel. As far as I know in all the DT's the amp/ANC is located under the drivers seat regardless of whether it's Base, Alpine or HK. It looks like it will only work for the Alpine or HK 22 pin connector. For 35 dollars I would just unpin the negative wire for each of the 4 mics.

Cygnus A

Reaction score
What's the best way to verify polarity? Can I trust the phone apps?

Cygnus A

Reaction score
Installed the JBL GX302s in the dash. They sound great and are much louder than stock. However when I crank up the volume their is noticeable distortion where I didnt have it before with the stock speakers. I thought I read someone else having this problem too. I did not disconnect my ANC lines yet. Could that be the cause?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don’t believe the anc is affected by the dash speakers, just the doors but I’m not 100%. Could be the change in Ohm’s between the stock and jbls. Did you put bass blockers on the jbls? Did you verify polarity of stock speakers and then put the jbls in using the same polarity or did you force them to be in phase (if they weren’t)?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the JBL GX302s in the dash. They sound great and are much louder than stock. However when I crank up the volume their is noticeable distortion where I didnt have it before with the stock speakers. I thought I read someone else having this problem too. I did not disconnect my ANC lines yet. Could that be the cause?
Do you have the Alpine or the base system? In the Alpine you shouldn't have any issues. In the base system the door and dash are wired together and the Alpines are a lower impedance so they overpower everything else.

Cygnus A

Reaction score
Do you have the Alpine or the base system? In the Alpine you shouldn't have any issues. In the base system the door and dash are wired together and the Alpines are a lower impedance so they overpower everything else.
Must have been the source because I was able to crank it all the way up today with no distortion. Very happy with the sound. Now to work on midbass...

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Must have been the source because I was able to crank it all the way up today with no distortion. Very happy with the sound. Now to work on midbass...
That will do it. The stock speakers it wouldn't have mattered as much, but once you get higher quality speakers in, the source plays a huge role in how it sounds. I've got some songs that sound terrible because I haven't found a higher quality version of them.

ADJS

Reaction score
The only thing I can suggest after skimming through this thread is to make sure you find somebody that has SMAART and a measurement microphone (that knows how to use both) and verify your results. :)

JBA

Reaction score
More of the same to report for 2022. Currently upgrading my Alpine system and I definitely hear some phase issue in the front stage. All my factory amp pinouts check out except for the input wiring positive and negative to the amp for the driver side dash which both don’t match the schematic colour codes.

Last edited:

alander3

Reaction score
More of the same to report for 2022. Currently upgrading my Alpine system and I definitely hear some phase issue in the front stage. All my factory amp pinouts check out except for the input wiring positive and negative to the amp for the driver side dash which both don’t match the schematic colour codes.

Did you figure out the phase issue? I have a 2023 that I think has a phase issue up front.

Users who are viewing this thread