5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All things Firearms thread

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I see. I just looked at one of the websites I had used before. They no longer ship 80% lowers to MD. Bummer.

I did find it funny one day I was in the shop waiting on the background check to clear and this guy was nervously asking about 30 round magazines. Finally the owner of the shop looked at him and asked "Are you from Maryland? You know we don't care here in VA, how many mags do you want?"

The guy looked like he was ready to pass out grabbed five mags and was out. We got a kick out of it.
That’s good to hear. Can you pm me what shop that is? I need a few new 5.56 mags.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Loaded up 2k rounds of 9mm last night to get ready for the 4th.
just curious - what could you possibly need 2000 rounds of 9mm for on July 4th??

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I see. I just looked at one of the websites I had used before. They no longer ship 80% lowers to MD. Bummer.

I did find it funny one day I was in the shop waiting on the background check to clear and this guy was nervously asking about 30 round magazines. Finally the owner of the shop looked at him and asked "Are you from Maryland? You know we don't care here in VA, how many mags do you want?"

The guy looked like he was ready to pass out grabbed five mags and was out. We got a kick out of it.

30+ round magazines are readily available here in Colorado where banned (but grandfathered). Most of the shops and county Sherriff's DGAF and won't enforce the poorly written law as it is. It's really just a modifier now if you commit any gun crime. My county is one of many "2A Sanctuary" counties. Just can't get anyone to ship them in with guns, etc. My oldest lives in a free state and I travel, and anyone doing private parts sales online DGAF either so any new magazines can easily be had. I could pour all my magpul 30 rd mags on the floor and swim through them. Sprinkle in a few 40's and 60's to boot.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
just curious - what could you possibly need 2000 rounds of 9mm for on July 4th??
Lots of fun with some guys I served with. 33rd Glock mags, AR9s, NFA C-5s, etc.

eastboundand-down-kenny-powers.gif

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where are you getting your bulk ammo? I thought I saw a reloader in one of your pics, but I don’t know if you always reload or buy new a lot.
I load my own on a Dillon 750. Have a pretty healthy stash of components. Only ammo I buy new anymore is defense and hunting loads.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Where are you getting your bulk ammo? I thought I saw a reloader in one of your pics, but I don’t know if you always reload or buy new a lot.
Bulkammo.com usually has some decent deals. They are dependable.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought they released a brass prep progressive recently...maybe it was only for 300blk
You talking about the CP2000? You can't load anything on that one. For a few hundred more, I'd just go with the 1100 and could switch it over to load down the road.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ammoseek.net seek and yeet shall find.

sgammo often has some of the best deals and free shipping.
Ammoseek is awesome. Been trying unsuccessfully for the better part of a year to replenish my Black Hills ammo. Stuff is harder to find than primers.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ammoseek is awesome. Been trying unsuccessfully for the better part of a year to replenish my Black Hills ammo. Stuff is harder to find than primers.
Ammoseek is great. I’ve been trying to replenish some of my hunting ammo. Federal premium nosler partions are virtually non existent, and stupid expensive when you can find it. I’m actually switching a lot of my calibers to federal fusion ( that I did with ammoseek recently) that I have had some luck finding, not crazy expensive, accurate in my experience, along with good terminal ballistics. Primers are very rare.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am trying to replenish my supply of 7.62x25. Hard to come by reasonably these days. When I do find it they have corrosive primers.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Brass prep suuuuucks. I need to get automated.

20220611_164454.jpg

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am trying to replenish my supply of 7.62x25. Hard to come by reasonably these days. When I do find it they have corrosive primers.
Love those revolvers. Shot one suppressed and it was absolutely amazing.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You talking about the CP2000? You can't load anything on that one. For a few hundred more, I'd just go with the 1100 and could switch it over to load down the road.
That's it. CP2000.
Neat device, but crazy $$$

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's it. CP2000.
Neat device, but crazy $$$
For sure. If they'd offered it at half the price of the 1100 I'd be interested, but for the money I see little value in it over the 1100.

Users who are viewing this thread