5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All American Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram & Fiat of San Angelo Dealership Experience

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Cliff notes:
- don't look at cars that aren't already detailed...no brainer for everyone but for me
- lots of damage dealer tried to be sly about but now is eating the cost
- also needing a 2nd key fob
- will never use this service department again...I'll drive to Austin, Dallas or San Antonio
- I'm a big dummy for jumping in

Well this a bit ranting of a story but here we go anyways:

As you all know I bought this truck off the dealer lot although it was special order. The individual who ordered refused ownership because he had changed his mind and wanted leather. The dealer order another truck and loaned him this truck for a week. He took what I can surmise as liberties and put the truck through the ringers. Got his leather seat truck and turn in the loaner a week prior to me seeing it.

When I purchased it a week later and they do the detailing before they hand it over I found a lot of items damaged which I'll list out in the next paragraph. Note I'm in Texas and I was checking out the truck practically after a sand storm so the truck was caked with dirt from what I wrote off as from the storm but later found out the previously mentioned stuff.

Now mind you the detailers got laid into midday for a sub-par detailing by the sales manager so had to detail the vehicle again (twice in a day). The detailers made note of the window chip and then call me in to hand me the key. At the time they told me they will replace the window free of charge when it gets in and bounced. I thought it was funny how they literally ninja gaiden from the lot. However I still did a walk around.

Upon walking around I found chips comparable to the reported craters left by the meteors that killed off dinosaurs. Scratches and gashes in the paint, a small driver side door dent and a trim piece on the bed that was dangling. I thought it was something of joke, how did detailers have the vehicle from 0900 to 1830 and not see the damages...at this point I pulled the sales guy back and pointed everything out. He tried to tell me, "they can't fix it because all loaners have to be noted for repair within 24 hours of being turned back in and this vehicle was turn back in a week ago". I told him that sounds less like my problem and more like a them problem.

At this point the sales guy went around the lot to find a suitable replacement. Mind you I want a sports package and the only other one is a Longhorn that didn't have Alpine, panoramic roof or upgraded consoles. Took him 45 minutes to figure that out, I said no fix it, unless you put HK system in the Longhorn and refinance it for lower. He asked his sales manager at which point they figured I was going to continue to be bamboozled. So the manager said they would fix it bring it in the next day which is the 20th of June. I told them I'm no painter but I'm no slouch in detailing. I know a simple paint pen job ain't going to cut it, not for these scratches and gouges. He nodded in agreement and said yeah we will see about getting it in the booth blah blah. Well....that was bologna 3 visits later to the service department and I'm still without my truck.

1st visit, 20 June 2018: Service department kept my vehcile for a whole day only to have me pick it up with only the dent subparly pulled (dent was less visible/smaller but still there). The trim, chips and scratches weren't untouched because the "paint guy" didn't have time to get to my vehicle, reportedly. I was told to come back the following Wednesday ( 27 June 2018) so that all repairs could be completed.

2nd time, 27 June 2018: I was told by the service dept manager that the "paint guy" did not show and I would have to come in the following Wednesday (4 July 2018). I mentioned that was a holiday so she looked confused...I asked her if they were coming in...She was like of course not (I'm not sure this ever registered with her) so finally she advised me to come in on 11 July 2018.

3rd time, 11 July 2018: I then had to drop my vehicle off for a third time to get repaired this time. The "paint guy" did a horrendous job on the paint. A caulking gun might as well have been used to on the scratches and dings, at least the ones he attempted to "repair" because many were untouched. He did however fix the trim piece.

On the 3rd visit I made sure the sales manager walked around with me and he seen the horrid "job" and assured me that it would be taken care of. My truck was taken to the another location across the town that is a part of their chain... it specializes as their collision center, now it's the 11th of July and I have been waiting patiently since then. I was called by the salesman on 16 July 2018 to swap out for a 3rd loaner vehicle and the service dept manager just happen to see me, at which point she informed me that I needed to go to the Collision Center to mark any other fixes in case they missed any items. I arrived at the Collision Center on 16 July 2018 and found that they didn't even know what they were suppose to do with the vehicle aja didn't touch it. I was informed by the collision center employee that they called the Service Department multiple times to find out what needed to be done and the most they got was "we fixed the paint, so I don't know" when it was dropped of by the service department. The Collision Center requested the dealership contact me last week and I found out by pure luck this past Monday, that they wanted to get a hold of me. Talk about pissed.

I went to the collision guys to mark up what needed to be done and they started work Wednesday. They informed me it's going to cost the dealership over $2K. So now I wait...oh also the guy that origannly ordered the truck either loss or kept the 2nd key fob so that's been on back order as well.

I'm going to have a hard time trusting a service dept ever again even to replace an air freshener...

I am considering filing a formal complaint. Alright rant done.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
These pics don't really do the damages justice, it's the worst in person IMG_20180629_172622.jpg IMG_20180619_180716.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180619_180646.jpg
    IMG_20180619_180646.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
Wow They should simply fix it or offer you another truck, It is a different truck now that the other guy went wild with it. I feel you frustration.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
holy crap thats complete garbage. Why did you even purchase that truck with all that damage? I hope you purchased it as used because it was a loaner.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, this should be a great example of this forum at it's best. @RamCares (this isn't working, do they still have an account here?) Either way, I would say this is an issue of a dealer going completely rogue and making up their old school rules as they go. If this was a Tesla, Elon Musk himself would be sending out info on how to help and how they are training the dealership. Ultimately FCA needs to talk to the dealership to see if they are dong business within FAC's wishful guidelines. Let's ignore the fact that the body work wasn't right, but the practice of giving off a loaner to a customer waiting for another car and how they proceed (ie what condition) they sell that truck in might interest FCA. Good luck man, I'll see if I can finally get FCA to acknowledge to forum dedicated to buying their flagship truck.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow. I'd have refused delivery....I'm willing to bet most of that damage was caused by the "loaner" status of that vehicle. Personally, at this point, I'd have them undo the transaction or get you into a different truck!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with others here, thats horrible. Hopefully they either make it right or get you into a different truck, I would be pinging off the walls if I was in your situation.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
The reason why I was good with them doing the fix was because I thought we had an understanding that the collision center would fix everything. I've had work on my SRT done there and they hooked me up with quality work and even threw in some extra bonuses for me. So I was not phased until the dealership started playing cutesy with trying to pinch pennies and trying to keep it out of the collision center.

Let's be clear I have heard bad things about this dealership prior but I threw caution to the wind so I know my faults here. So I don't excuse my own decisions. I got doe eyed and bit the bait.

Part of me is continuing to push because I'm forcing the dealer to fork back thousands into something that they should have never let happen or at least corrected on the spot. Another part of me is still debating leaving it at the door.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The reason why I was good with them doing the fix was because I thought we had an understanding that the collision center would fix everything. I've had work on my SRT done there and they hooked me up with quality work and even threw in some extra bonuses for me. So I was not phased until the dealership started playing cutesy with trying to pinch pennies and trying to keep it out of the collision center.

Let's be clear I have heard bad things about this dealership prior but I threw caution to the wind so I know my faults here. So I don't excuse my own decisions. I got doe eyed and bit the bait.

Part of me is continuing to push because I'm forcing the dealer to fork back thousands into something that they should have never let happen or at least corrected on the spot. Another part of me is still debating leaving it at the door.
Aw man, and this is why the decent car salespeople can’t get respect... because these other guys still exist and for some reason don’t get drummed out of the business. Ok you’ve already hit yourself for forgetting the cardinal rule; you are never obligated to buy until you drive it off the lot. Until that moment they either 100% make you happy or you walk.

So now that’s enough beating yourself up. You were wronged and those bastages need to make it right or else... or else what? Well, I would start by playing nice and trying to build a reasonable relationship with someone who can change things there... the OWNER. Fill out their survey and crush them with the facts, ask to be contacted by the owner. Contact the OWNER of the dealership directly or through your salesman and explain the situation - then ask for exactly what you wish them to do. How about take the truck back and give you full credit towards a good one that they can bring in? One of my dealerships offers this satisfaction garantee within 30 days of sale all the time as dealership policy. I’ll lay odds that the owner will see right and help, if only for self preservation reasons.

Otherwise, I would be launching a campaign against that dealership on all axes until they pull their heads out and make it right to YOUR satisfaction. Contact FCA and tell them you have an ethics complaint against one of their dealerships that needs to be addressed. Contact the Better Business Beaureau and file a complaint. See what the base legal office (uniform in reflection, airpowah!) might do for you. Read up on the state lemon laws and see if you might qualify.

Let’s consult with a pro, that’s what this forum is about... hey @BobbiBigWheels as a dealer/salesman might you have advice for a customer in this unfortunate situation? Are all dealers in Canada honest and true, should we just come up and buy there? ;) Or maybe other dealers/salespeople can chime in. What’s it feel like when good salesman reads stories like this? It would make my blood boil...

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, walk away from that train wreck. Terrible dealer.
I agree if there is any possibility to do so, the less you deal with them the better. The previous customer trashed the truck, and if they sold it to you as new you have justification to hand it back... either with their agreement or through legal support means. State attorney general’s office, consumer protection agencies...

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I'm much the same and am always willing to give someone a chance. The way I am, I always keep my word and expect much the same of other people/companies, unfortunately that isn't always how it goes. I hope they get the truck fixed to your satisfaction, I have seen situations like this before and it sucks for the dealer and the customer, but at the end they should be held accountable to have the truck fixed to your satisfaction as they stated during the sale. If not, I'm not sure what the laws are down there but hopefully you can just walk away from it somehow.

D

Deleted member 85

Let’s consult with a pro, that’s what this forum is about... hey @BobbiBigWheels as a dealer/salesman might you have advice for a customer in this unfortunate situation? Are all dealers in Canada honest and true, should we just come up and buy there? ;) Or maybe other dealers/salespeople can chime in. What’s it feel like when good salesman reads stories like this? It would make my blood boil...

Hey guys -

Yeah I was pretty chapped at that story.

1) Who in the hell would loaner a new truck out?
2) The damage is done; just make sure this truck is -mint- before you take final ownership. As soon as you leave on the basis of "it's done", you're done. They'll leave you holding the bag.
3) Light em' up on social media buddy - Facebook, Google Reviews, DealerRater. Share your exact story. You'd be surprised how quickly a dealer snaps into action when you light them up on a public forum.
4) How many miles were on this truck prior to ownership? In Canada if you break 1000 kms prior to the first sale it eats into the factory warranty.
5) Did you purchase this "New" or "Pre-Owned"???

Rob

Dremin2flyhi

Reaction score
to get my truck-they done a dealer swap... so to keep the deal they loaned me a brand new truck that I had for 4 days .. it only had 5 miles on it.. when I gave it back it had 225 miles --but I was very careful and treated it with respect

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
It's the All American Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram & Fiat of San Angelo. I don't have no qualms sharing. Now that I know the it's with the right people to fix it.

The truck was sold as new, I was under the impression that under 1K mile its still considered new if not signed for (legal office is looking into that). 30 days hit on the 19th though it's been with the dealer since the 11th.

@YoAdrian I sent the information to legal for review and am waiting for their advisement (I work with them a lot so they are going through with a fine tooth comb). Airpower!

Once the legal team tells me my options, I'll probably launch a full on offensive. I worked closely with all First Sergeants given my position so that won't be hard from a military perspective and then of course social media and the owner as well. I actually filed a complaint to the manager last week and called multiple times to no avail...so that's happening.

Depending on Legal’s advisement, I'll take it to the BBB, DMV and the FCA as well.

I appreciate all the support and definitely the advice. What a community! Here I was just venting. Thanks y'all!

Users who are viewing this thread