5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is this the thing what won’t let you back up with the door open if your seatbelt isn’t buckled? I thought it put the emergency brake on too
It may, never done it myself. I thought it just threw the trans in park.

Soso

Reaction score
Why you are experiencing isn't auto brake. It's the computer actually putting the transmission in park.

Have you considered getting somethingike this to help you park in your garage?
Maxsa 37359-RS Park Right Perfect Parking Self Adhesive Anti-skid Parking Mat for Cars and Trucks, 21" x 11" x 2", Red with Reflective Strip https://a.co/d/bnK8MHl
Thanks for the replies;
Well now you have me wondering - But, I know for a fact that the parking brake engages because I have to release it.

As for the parking aid, that's not the situation I'm trying to accommodate, spare you the details of my need to hit a few different "specific" spots for different situations.

Is this the thing what won’t let you back up with the door open if your seatbelt isn’t buckled? I thought it put the emergency brake on too
And this too; because while backing up with the door open of course my seatbelt is off.

That's why I'm looking for and Alfa solution to Ram trying to take care of when I'm good taking care of myself.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies;
Well now you have me wondering - But, I know for a fact that the parking brake engages because I have to release it.

As for the parking aid, that's not the situation I'm trying to accommodate, spare you the details of my need to hit a few different "specific" spots for different situations.

And this too; because while backing up with the door open of course my seatbelt is off.

That's why I'm looking for and Alfa solution to Ram trying to take care of when I'm good taking care of myself.
Try putting into tow haul mode. I think that helps it too. Truck does not like moving with no seat belt and door open, super annoying for me too when I am getting it into position for working on it, ramps, etc.
It will throw itself into parlando engage E brake. Some combination of door, seat belt, tow haul mode disables this I forget the secret handshake though, try tow haul mode.

RLee276

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies;

Easy to do with tazer

Soso

Reaction score
Try putting into tow haul mode. I think that helps it too. Truck does not like moving with no seat belt and door open, super annoying for me too when I am getting it into position for working on it, ramps, etc.
It will throw itself into parlando engage E brake. Some combination of door, seat belt, tow haul mode disables this I forget the secret handshake though, try tow haul mode.

Thanks bud I'll give that a try.

saber-toothed tiger

Reaction score
I just changed my tire size using alpha OBD and a BAFX reader and now i cant get the ABA to initialize even after i do the ecu static reset and clear rolling faults. Im getting a ABs fault and 4wheel drive disabled. Any ideas how i can fix this?
I also encountered the same problem. My solution was to use Alfa OBD to change the tire size and then disconnect the OBD interface and use other brands of fault diagnosis instruments to enter the ABS system and do the ABS initialization prompts and it will be completed successfully.

frisby5

Reaction score
Oh nice , what instruments did you use?
I also encountered the same problem. My solution was to use Alfa OBD to change the tire size and then disconnect the OBD interface and use other brands of fault diagnosis instruments to enter the ABS system and do the ABS initialization prompts and it will be completed successfully.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys, happy new year.

So I have a Fobik safe question. Tried searching the thread/forum but nothing came up specific to my question (For the record I use JScan, and I know AlfaOBD shows more stuff and settings are sometimes worded differently but a lot of the stuff lines up)

so I see 6 settings related to shutting off the “key has left the truck honks” BUT does anyone know which of these actually needs to be shut off? Or is it all of them?

I’d like to get rid of the 3 honks while changing as little as possible to prevent affecting anything else. Here’s a screenshot of the options I see. Lemme know if that looks familiar to Alfa and anything you guys have had success with. Thx in advance:
IMG_5981.png

Side note, it’d be super handy if that first option is really a thing, that way I could just do it from the head unit.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hi guys, happy new year.

So I have a Fobik safe question. Tried searching the thread/forum but nothing came up specific to my question (For the record I use JScan, and I know AlfaOBD shows more stuff and settings are sometimes worded differently but a lot of the stuff lines up)

so I see 6 settings related to shutting off the “key has left the truck honks” BUT does anyone know which of these actually needs to be shut off? Or is it all of them?

I’d like to get rid of the 3 honks while changing as little as possible to prevent affecting anything else. Here’s a screenshot of the options I see. Lemme know if that looks familiar to Alfa and anything you guys have had success with. Thx in advance:
View attachment 173768

Side note, it’d be super handy if that first option is really a thing, that way I could just do it from the head unit.
It's a "safety feature" you can't get rid of it. TazerDT attempts to block the 3 honks and works around 80% of the time.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys, happy new year.

View attachment 173768

You are unable to disable it through alfaObd or Jscan

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ok thx guys, that's interesting.

ok i think i found probly what's gonna be the best work around for it hahaha... weird tho, in my last search his newer vid did not come up... this "newer vid" is 4 months old, but the other one was over a year old.

I'm gonna try this tomorrow...

Last edited:

DeanM2

Reaction score
Most phone apps are available for iPhone first, and later for Android. I have been using Android for 20 years but just decided to move to iPhone (problems with Samsung Galaxy hardware, and I am the only one I know that uses Android). I believe that AlfaOBD is not available on iPhone, but is there any other software that is similar to AlfaOBD that works on iPhone?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Most phone apps are available for iPhone first, and later for Android. I have been using Android for 20 years but just decided to move to iPhone (problems with Samsung Galaxy hardware, and I am the only one I know that uses Android). I believe that AlfaOBD is not available on iPhone, but is there any other software that is similar to AlfaOBD that works on iPhone?
JScan

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes download Jscan. With the necessary hardware you can make changes like alpha. Here’s a thread

Ravenous

Reaction score
Hey all. I want to switch from halogen to led tail lights in my 2019 Bighorn, the alpharex luxx to be exact. They state that they are plug and play. Everything works except when I put the lights in auto from on, the running lights go out and do not come back on. Also when I use the turn signal, the running lights go out and dont come back on.

My question is, should changing the led settings in alfaobd correct this? I really dont want to start adding resistors and more wires if I dont have to.

Thanks for any help!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all. I want to switch from halogen to led tail lights in my 2019 Bighorn, the alpharex luxx to be exact. They state that they are plug and play. Everything works except when I put the lights in auto from on, the running lights go out and do not come back on. Also when I use the turn signal, the running lights go out and dont come back on.

My question is, should changing the led settings in alfaobd correct this? I really dont want to start adding resistors and more wires if I dont have to.

Thanks for any help!
Wouldn't hurt to try. If that doesn't help, contacting alpharex for a replacement set might be in order.

Ravenous

Reaction score
Wouldn't hurt to try. If that doesn't help, contacting alpharex for a replacement set might be in order.
They are sending me resistors that "should correct the issue". 😑
I'm going to try alfaobd first so I don't have to add more wiring.

Gumpa

Reaction score
Thinking of getting alfaOBD mainly for the ability to look at the control modules for troubleshooting (currently experiencing intermittent Service 4WD messages). Started reading the 113 pages after having no luck with the search, and I have a couple questions for the gurus:

Truck is custom tuned with unlocked Diablo PCM. Are there any compatibility issues with alfaOBD and Diablo?
Is the Diablo gateway bypass module I already have installed going to work with OBDlink MX+?

Thanks for your help.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting alfaOBD mainly for the ability to look at the control modules for troubleshooting (currently experiencing intermittent Service 4WD messages). Started reading the 113 pages after having no luck with the search, and I have a couple questions for the gurus:

Truck is custom tuned with unlocked Diablo PCM. Are there any compatibility issues with alfaOBD and Diablo?
Is the Diablo gateway bypass module I already have installed going to work with OBDlink MX+?

Thanks for your help.
Bypass is generic so yes. The bypass is used so any ODB2 sensor can connect and pull\write data without being a dealership level tool.

Your tune and everything else has 0 to do with Alfaobd, so you are good.

Users who are viewing this thread