5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

bradman

Reaction score
Does anyone have a decoder for all of the numeric type values of heated wheel and seats? For example:
Seats B:
Wheel Material Type Expansion: Type 2
Seat Material Front: Type 6
Seat Material Rear: Type 2

Most of these have multiple selections but no clear way to understand what they mean.

Canada

Reaction score
Did you ever happen to figure this out? I have been unable to figure it out since I changed my tire size 2 years ago!
I just posted a solution that should work. Using your scan tool look for a maintenance option to perform an ABS - EPB assembly check. just select EPB assembly check.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ok thx guys, that's interesting.

ok i think i found probly what's gonna be the best work around for it hahaha... weird tho, in my last search his newer vid did not come up... this "newer vid" is 4 months old, but the other one was over a year old.

I'm gonna try this tomorrow...

update... this method (these methods) work exactly as he shows in the vid and are reliable and consistent for the 3-honk when the key fob leaves with the vehicle running... not that big an adjustment considering how rarely i do it, but a huge relief at 5AM. best of both worlds IMO... desired results, no monkeying around with the computah. 👍🏼

Jims2500

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have a RAM 2020 2500 diesel Laramie, I would like to program the remote start to activate the passenger side seat heater. The driver's side and steering wheel turn on when the remote is used. I just purchased OBDlinkMX+, the Alfa app, and installed the Kaodtech bypass cable. Can anyone tell me what options I need to change? This will be the first time I will be using the Alfa and MX+. Should be fun.
Thank you for the help

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have a RAM 2020 2500 diesel Laramie, I would like to program the remote start to activate the passenger side seat heater. The driver's side and steering wheel turn on when the remote is used. I just purchased OBDlinkMX+, the Alfa app, and installed the Kaodtech bypass cable. Can anyone tell me what options I need to change? This will be the first time I will be using the Alfa and MX+. Should be fun.
Thank you for the help
Not an option

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Thank you for the help
Not sure on a 2500, but on 1500 it's just a toggle on the radio to enable ac or heat during a remote start on a Hemi 1500.

Jims2500

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, it seems that the wife will stay cold for a while......
I will keep looking.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks for the link, but can't be done on HD either.

Thanks for the reply, it seems that the wife will stay cold for a while......
I will keep looking.

Temp thresholds can be set (though I'm having issues access the module myself) but that's it.

You are better off asking anything on HDRAMS as there are enough differences between the platforms that some options/settings matter.

Unfortunately, RAM dropped the ball on that one.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, but can't be done on HD either.

Temp thresholds can be set (though I'm having issues access the module myself) but that's it.

You are better off asking anything on HDRAMS as there are enough differences between the platforms that some options/settings matter.

Unfortunately, RAM dropped the ball on that one.

I didn't post the link for AlfaOBD tips, I posted it so he could join the correct forum for his truck.

Mdowell

Reaction score
What does changing the air suspension to variant 5 instead of variant 1 because I have a v8 not a v6 Td... I have a 2022 limited 10th anniversary with air suspension

Ravenous

Reaction score
Hey all. I want to switch from halogen to led tail lights in my 2019 Bighorn, the alpharex luxx to be exact. They state that they are plug and play. Everything works except when I put the lights in auto from on, the running lights go out and do not come back on. Also when I use the turn signal, the running lights go out and dont come back on.

My question is, should changing the led settings in alfaobd correct this? I really dont want to start adding resistors and more wires if I dont have to.

Thanks for any help!
Just an update on the Alpharex Tail light issue so people can find the solution easier. Making the changes in Alfaobd works, the lights function properly, and do not cut out. No need for the resistors that alpharex will send you.

Rt9bil3122

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum as well as Ram trucks. I bought a 2023 Bighorn back in December. I’ve been reading/ researching AlphaOBD and have a question. What’s the difference between these $50+ SGW bypass modules that some companies sell vs. the $16 12+8 sgw harnesses from amazon?

Ravenous

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum as well as Ram trucks. I bought a 2023 Bighorn back in December. I’ve been reading/ researching AlphaOBD and have a question. What’s the difference between these $50+ SGW bypass modules that some companies sell vs. the $16 12+8 sgw harnesses from amazon?
Not sure the difference, I bought the cheapo from amazon and it works for me.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If it doesn't work you can just return it.
Mine was $25, they don't do anything except bypass, so either it works or it don't/

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The modules you can leave plugged in under the dash all the time. The harness, which I guess you can leave plugged in as well, is harder to hide, and most people just plug it in when needed.

I have a TazerDT which works as a bypass, as well as gives you added features not available with other devices or alfaObd

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online