5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Abb0nz

Reaction score
Hey team. I'm feeling a little stupid at the moment. How do I make changes in AlphaOBD? I can connect to my truck (2023 1500 BH) and get logs etc. but for the life of me I can't work out where I make the changes. I thought there were drop down boxes or something similar but apparently not.
What am I missing? I'm using a tablet running Windows 10 using a USB ELM327 adaptor and yes, I do have a licensed copy.
Thanks

Last edited:

Ravenous

Reaction score
Hey team. I'm feeling a little stupid at the moment. How do I make changes in AlphaOBD? I can connect to my truck (2023 1500 BH) and get logs etc. but for the life of me I can't work out where I make the changes. I thought there were drop down boxes or something similar but apparently not.
What am I missing? I'm using a tablet running Windows 10 using a USB ELM327 adaptor and yes, I do have a licensed copy.
Thanks
What changes are you trying to make?

Ravenous

Reaction score
Ill just guess this is what youre looking for.

Select the car with the hood up in the bottom right menu.
Then the drop down menu at the top.
Then scroll down and select "car configuration change"
Screenshot_20240206_115604.jpg Screenshot_20240206_115633.jpg

Abb0nz

Reaction score
Ill just guess this is what youre looking for.

Select the car with the hood up in the bottom right menu.
Then the drop down menu at the top.
Then scroll down and select "car configuration change"
View attachment 176235 View attachment 176236
I'm guessing that the android app using BT? I'm using a tablet running Windows 10 and have downloaded the winows app. The reason I went that direction is I already had a USB ELM327 adaptor and wanted to use that.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm guessing that the android app using BT? I'm using a tablet running Windows 10 and have downloaded the winows app. The reason I went that direction is I already had a USB ELM327 adaptor and wanted to use that.
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but you need to have the SGW bypass cable connected in order to send commands to the modules?

GorillaHemi

Reaction score
I haven't visited the post in a while, so I apologize if this has been answered already.

I remember reading that the TazerDT wasn't working on the 22 and up trucks. Has that been fixed? I'm debating between that, AlfaOBD, and just getting the RC speedo calibrator to fix my speedo and shift points.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do I setup amber drls for my 19 limited? I have the bypass and Bluetooth dongle and tablet.

Step by step so I don’t mess it up how can this be done?

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I haven't visited the post in a while, so I apologize if this has been answered already.

I remember reading that the TazerDT wasn't working on the 22 and up trucks. Has that been fixed? I'm debating between that, AlfaOBD, and just getting the RC speedo calibrator to fix my speedo and shift points.
It works on my 22 but only some features.
I would recommend Alfaobd to fix your speedo, cheaper and multi-purpose.

akostaac

Reaction score
I activated my performance and offroad pages today, and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. I've read most of this thread, which is probably why it went well. I wasn't expecting all the features to work, but almost everything does!!! I didn't think my truck would have accelerometers, inclinometers, or timers, but it apparently does. The only think so far that isn't working is the oil temp guage on the off-road page, but it works fine on the performance page. If this is already known to be working on the 22 models, sorry for making a big deal about it, but I haven't seen anyone post about it. Attaching some pics to prove I'm not delusional - and yes I'm aware that my 0-60 time won't impress anyone!

My truck is stock, other than the 3 Alpha OBD settings to enable the pages.

Cheers,
019cae37b4cdc6b70b81c79deb9ed58b.jpg
e3996998f4de5cf965d92e7a9342e437.jpg
17125e43adfdb6bae45449879f133ce6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I activated my performance and offroad pages today, and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. I've read most of this thread, which is probably why it went well. I wasn't expecting all the features to work, but almost everything does!!! I didn't think my truck would have accelerometers, inclinometers, or timers, but it apparently does. The only think so far that isn't working is the oil temp guage on the off-road page, but it works fine on the performance page. If this is already known to be working on the 22 models, sorry for making a big deal about it, but I haven't seen anyone post about it. Attaching some pics to prove I'm not delusional - and yes I'm aware that my 0-60 time won't impress anyone!

My truck is stock, other than the 3 Alpha OBD settings to enable the pages.

Cheers,
019cae37b4cdc6b70b81c79deb9ed58b.jpg
e3996998f4de5cf965d92e7a9342e437.jpg
17125e43adfdb6bae45449879f133ce6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
can you detail the process to turn on these features with alfaobd please?

Daninaus

Reaction score
I want to do this today.
Got my security pass cable and reader etc.
What exactly did you activate and where?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I want to do this today.
Got my security pass cable and reader etc.
What exactly did you activate and where?
Do what? There's a lot in this thread. Maybe quote the post you are referring to or provide more information.

Panic

Reaction score
When I connect to BCM in AlfaOBD, regardless of what body computer I choose, at the bottom of screen I get this: connected to Body Control Module continental MY 2021. Does it mean my car is 2021 built? When I check VIN in mopar website , it comes up as 2020 RAM 1500 limited. I wanted to instal digital rearview mirror and it is important to know which year BCM belongs to.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I connect to BCM in AlfaOBD, regardless of what body computer I choose, at the bottom of screen I get this: connected to Body Control Module continental MY 2021. Does it mean my car is 2021 built? When I check VIN in mopar website , it comes up as 2020 RAM 1500 limited. I wanted to instal digital rearview mirror and it is important to know which year BCM belongs to.
It's based off application version. Before I updated my Uconnect it would say 2020, after updating Uconnect it started coming up as 2021. Not sure the correlation, but that's what I noticed.

Panic

Reaction score
It's based off application version. Before I updated my Uconnect it would say 2020, after updating Uconnect it started coming up as 2021. Not sure the correlation, but that's what I noticed.
I just checked AlfaOBD log file since last year onwards. Before and after upgrading from UCONNECT 4C to UCONNECT 5 , it was always registered as BCM 2021. So at least in my case it was not changed. Although for model year I changed it to 2022 to get soft buttons for cameras

DaBoone37

Reaction score
HELP!!!
I'm stuck in a parking lot with the secret message missing code u1514!! I was trying to tweak my tire size after a quick test drive and now the truck won't start. I think I accidentally selected 2019 PowerNet instead of 2019 DT powernet. Can anyone help me please?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
HELP!!!
I'm stuck in a parking lot with the secret message missing code u1514!! I was trying to tweak my tire size after a quick test drive and now the truck won't start. I think I accidentally selected 2019 PowerNet instead of 2019 DT powernet. Can anyone help me please?
Did you save a back up configuration file before you started? It's one of the steps in almost every tutorial

DaBoone37

Reaction score
Did you save a back up configuration file before you started? It's one of the steps in almost every tutorial
Nope. The only tutorial I watched was the changing tire size one. And of course he didn't mention it in that video. I have now learned that was a good idea but can't go back in time. FML

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Nope. The only tutorial I watched was the changing tire size one. And of course he didn't mention it in that video. I have now learned that was a good idea but can't go back in time. FML
Can just change back whatever you changed. Likely did something other than tire size.

Users who are viewing this thread