5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also attempted to read the RFhub PIN; it connected ok, but faulted on read with the vehicle ON, ACC, and OFF, no joy.
Sounds like a trip to the dealer.
Can’t read the PIN, or program a fob on the 5th gen’s with alfaobd. The PIN that you get at the dealer will be useless to you.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
@Darksteel165 ,

It's 1C6SRFHT7LN148029

What are you trying to figure out by the VIN? I appreciate the help just curious what you're trying to see.

It's a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited with 3.92, Ramboxes, and Split Tailgate.
With the VIN we can lookup the window sticker and build sheet and check to see if anything was changed due to stuff like chip shortages.
I can see it was told for the USA not CA and it has the same items as my Limited expect mine's a 2022 with UC5.
I'm not 100% sure if you have the DRL option on your UC4, but you can turn it off with Alfaobd. It is set from the factory with low beams as DRL per your build sheet.
If you put your lights in park it should turn off the headlights even with the DRL enabled\forced on if you don't want to connect to change it.

If you do want to connect and change it would you do this
CBC Features DRL Configuration: No DRL

It should be set to optional with this enabled on an Limited
DRL Customer Setting Option Present: Yes
But again not sure on a 2022 for that part.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The fobik panic disable works, no more false alarms.
I measured the sound level in the cab with the ANC disabled and enabled, I'm not sure this parameter does anything as the readings were about the same, 83dba.
Also attempted to read the RFhub PIN; it connected ok, but faulted on read with the vehicle ON, ACC, and OFF, no joy.
Sounds like a trip to the dealer.
I don't think it would make a difference in actual decibel level... it's actually producing noise that is out of phase with the noise it hears in the cab... so it "cancels out" what it decides is road noise in frequency only, making the stereo freqs cut thru better, it doesn't actually make anything "quieter" per say. i wonder if you tried maybe a good highway jaunt with the ANC turned off whilst trying to listen to a song you know every well at your typical volume if it would sound as clear or not?

N7GZN

Reaction score
Highway speeds with the ANC disabled and then re-enabled in turn; I left the radio OFF, phone on the top center of the dash.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Highway speeds with the ANC disabled and then re-enabled in turn; I left the radio OFF, phone on the top center of the dash.
:unsure: Are you saying thats what you did last time to compare? If that is the case, then that is why you saw no difference with ANC enabled and disabled... The ANC is only on/active when the radio is ON. It uses the speakers, in-cab mics, and the road noise to do its thing. And again, that isn't to quiet anything in the cab... it just makes us perceive the radio as cutting thru the noise better due to the out of phase noise it adds to what's actually coming out of the speakers.

So like i was saying before you'd have to really test its efficacy with it enabled... and then do a et speed, with a specific song you know very well and a typical volume you use. Then disable the ANC and do the same ride again with the same speed, song and volume... but even then it's only gonna change your ear's perception of how "noisy" it is in the cab with the radio on.. not the decibel levels themselves.

Bo3liwe

Reaction score
Hello all
If i update the navi system
Will the maps or the screen language be changed ? Or if i have Arabic language on my system . Will this language disappear?
I have connect 4

And i have issue with navigation search , when i typing the Typing becomes slow and lag

Attachments

• 20231129_132703.jpg
    20231129_132703.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 25

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all
If i update the navi system
Will the maps or the screen language be changed ? Or if i have Arabic language on my system . Will this language disappear?
I have connect 4

And i have issue with navigation search , when i typing the Typing becomes slow and lag
This has nothing to do with alfaObd, but it should keep all your current settings with the update. The only thing that updates is the roads in the maps.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For the people with AlfaOBD which is easier to use an Android Tablet or a Windows laptop?
Probably depends on the person. I've had no issues using my Pixel 6. It's just a matter of understanding the menus

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For the people with AlfaOBD which is easier to use an Android Tablet or a Windows laptop?
I've used it on my phone, tablet and laptop. There is a slight UI difference between Android and Windows version. But I wouldn't say one is better than the other. I use my phone most of the time.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Windows used to have an advantage that the BCM model year could be overridden but that's also been in the Android version for some time now. For those that prefer to use a USB OBDII dongle instead of BT, there's that.

Soso

Reaction score
Hi All,
I frequently need to crawl forward with my door open while aligning my back tire to a specific spot in my garage and the auto brake feature is getting annoying. I'm good with auto brake saving a certain family member from backing into things so can Alfa selectively disable individual functions of the auto brake system? Thanks

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,
I frequently need to crawl forward with my door open while aligning my back tire to a specific spot in my garage and the auto brake feature is getting annoying. I'm good with auto brake saving a certain family member from backing into things so can Alfa selectively disable individual functions of the auto brake system? Thanks
Why you are experiencing isn't auto brake. It's the computer actually putting the transmission in park.

Have you considered getting somethingike this to help you park in your garage?
Maxsa 37359-RS Park Right Perfect Parking Self Adhesive Anti-skid Parking Mat for Cars and Trucks, 21" x 11" x 2", Red with Reflective Strip https://a.co/d/bnK8MHl

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Why you are experiencing isn't auto brake. It's the computer actually putting the transmission in park.

Have you considered getting somethingike this to help you park in your garage?
Maxsa 37359-RS Park Right Perfect Parking Self Adhesive Anti-skid Parking Mat for Cars and Trucks, 21" x 11" x 2", Red with Reflective Strip https://a.co/d/bnK8MHl
Is this the thing what won’t let you back up with the door open if your seatbelt isn’t buckled? I thought it put the emergency brake on too

Users who are viewing this thread