5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
So I just did the latest radio update. Where in Alpha OBD do I go to change the setting to enable the performance and offroad pages? This is my first time using Alpha OBD so hold my hand step-by-step please. Just can't figure out which menus & sub-menus to enter..

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I just did the latest radio update. Where in Alpha OBD do I go to change the setting to enable the performance and offroad pages? This is my first time using Alpha OBD so hold my hand step-by-step please. Just can't figure out which menus & sub-menus to enter..
Read the posts above

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
Read the posts above
Dude, I read dozens of pages and everyone just gives the final settings to adjust, but not how to get to them. BUT - I played around for a bit and found it (I turned Performance Pages and Off Road Pages to Yes.) However, they still have not shown up. I do NOT have ORP, and saw a setting for something like "Off Road Capable" I wonder if I have to change that to Yes. Not sure what else may need to be done for the performance pages.

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Dude, I read dozens of pages and everyone just gives the final settings to adjust, but not how to get to them. BUT - I played around for a bit and found it (I turned Performance Pages and Off Road Pages to Yes.) However, they still have not shown up. I do NOT have ORP, and saw a setting for something like "Off Road Capable" I wonder if I have to change that to Yes. Not sure what else may need to be done for the performance pages.

Post # 1,119. Made it easy and quoted it for you below…

You have to be on the latest update PR 39..
You need to enable them with AlfaOBD
Below gives you the off road pages and performance pages.

VehConfig 1-Performance Pages Present = YES
VehConfig 2-Off-road Capable =YES
VehConfig 5-Off-Road Pages Present =YES

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I found the Off-road pages useless for my 2wd and will be turning them back off. Anything relevant to my truck or useful is duplicated in the performance pages so that’s all I really need.

Still trying to get the global window feature to work. I would say it’s not possible in our trucks but there’s a YouTube video of a guy with a Rebel that demonstrates the option.
I have enabled both Global Window Down and Up, and found where you can set it to do both front and rear windows, or just front. Now I’m wondering if I have to enable something in the remote itself????

Last edited:

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It won't work, lots of us tried it. You can enable it in the BCM, but no message is send. The only way to get that function is to use the TazerDT, I think.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I found the Off-road pages useless for my 2wd and will be turning them back off. Anything relevant to my truck or useful is duplicated in the performance pages so that’s all I really need.

Still trying to get the global window feature to work. I would say it’s not possible in our trucks but there’s a YouTube video of a guy with a Rebel that demonstrates the option.
I have enabled both Global Window Down and Up, and found where you can set it to do both front and rear windows, or just front. Now I’m wondering if I have to enable something in the remote itself????
You have to get a TazerDT for that function. And it's a "live" function for the TazerDT, meaning it has to be plugged in for it to work

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
Post # 1,119. Made it easy and quoted it for you below…
Thank you for your help. That's what I kept coming across (forgot Off Road Capable + Yes) but didn't know where or how to find "VehConfig 1" etc.! lol

What I needed and eventually learned was that it is Ram1500>Body Computer>DT My2019>Car Configuration Change>VehConfig 1...

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can someone state the order of the software updates?.. With P39 being the newest.. I’m at LR 34.2 and do not know which update to do next? Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edmontonram

Reaction score
Can someone state the order of the software updates?.. With P39 being the newest.. I’m at LR 34.2 and do not know which update to do next? Thanks again

Post #1241

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to recalibrate/reset the electronic parking brake! I changed my tire size and as part of the process, did the ABS reconfiguration. Well, had a bunch of codes and problems and warning lights. Got it all cleared out and good to go EXCEPT the parking brake warning light and code C10D0:

Electronic Park Brake System Failure
Not activated
Last test completed unsuccessfully
Error present
Failure waring lamp "ON": Requested
Error counter: 102

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I tried to install PR 39.7 today but I got a message saying the update wasn't compatible.
The equivalent update for the 8.4 is different. I believe another member offered to send the 8.4 files if requested. I'll see if I can find that post.

Here you go. It appears that @Edmontonram has the file you need.

Last edited:

WhiteKnight4x4

Reaction score
The equivalent update for the 8.4 is different. I believe another member offered to send the 8.4 files if requested. I'll see if I can find that post.

Here you go. It appears that @Edmontonram has the file you need.
I appreciate that!

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried to install PR 39.7 today but I got a message saying the update wasn't compatible.

I’m on QR 39.62 with my 8.4 Nav unit and the Uconnect site says my truck is up to date.

A previous update had the off-road pages show up as part of the update, then a day later the radio rebooted while driving and they went away.

Now I cannot get the off-road pages to come back even using alfa.

Users who are viewing this thread