5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Crf450r23

Reaction score
Not possible with AlfaODB right now. Not sure if we will ever be able to modify it. Just press the gas until you are up to where you want to or ready for it to take over. That's what I do.
Not possible with AlfaODB right now. Not sure if we will ever be able to modify it. Just press the gas until you are up to where you want to or ready for it to take over. That's what I do.
@vincentw56 Thanks for the reply! That’s what I was afraid of, that sucks! Oh well. Do you know if or how to increase the stop hold duration by chance? After 2 seconds it gives a warning and then kicks you out of ACC. It’s kind of annoying when you are trying to be lazy!! Hahaha I appreciate the help

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Do people know if AlfaOBD works well with the 2022 models and the new Uconnect5?
Cause I read that many options do not work (yet) on the Uconnect 5 or 2022 models with Tazer DT so I was wondering if it would be the same with AlfaOBD

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do people know if AlfaOBD works well with the 2022 models and the new Uconnect5?
Cause I read that many options do not work (yet) on the Uconnect 5 or 2022 models with Tazer DT so I was wondering if it would be the same with AlfaOBD
As far as I know, yes. What specifically isn’t working using tazer DT/ links to discussions about it?

Crf450r23

Reaction score
No, I'm afraid that's isn't a way to do that.
@vincentw56 Well you just killed my buzz… again! Haha Just kidding!! I really appreciate your help on these!!! One more question if you don’t mind since you obviously know a lot about these! Is there a way to recalibrate the adaptive steering system with Alfaobd (or anything else) to adjust for the 5” lift and 37” tires? It reacts to the lane markers much later since I lifted it. Thanks again, much appreciated!!!

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@vincentw56 Well you just killed my buzz… again! Haha Just kidding!! I really appreciate your help on these!!! One more question if you don’t mind since you obviously know a lot about these! Is there a way to recalibrate the adaptive steering system with Alfaobd (or anything else) to adjust for the 5” lift and 37” tires? It reacts to the lane markers much later since I lifted it. Thanks again, much appreciated!!!
"the 5” lift and 37” tires"???

Damn, bro. My neck aches just thinking about looking up that high. ;)

Crf450r23

Reaction score
"the 5” lift and 37” tires"???

Damn, bro. My neck aches just thinking about looking up that high. ;)

a0d308293d71dc681d7b4a80dc7493ac.jpg

Hahahaha. How do you think I feel getting in and out of it??!! I own a 4 wheel drive shop so it makes for good advertising!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Hey guys, got my Alfaobd up and running and so far been able to modify my DRL location and add the option to turn them off (Canadian), disable fog drop out and added controls for my dealer installed Mopar power steps. A couple things I wanted to do however I can’t get to work.

1-Tailgate open lamp, changed 2 setting that I read about but no dice. This option isn’t on my build sheet, is there some needed hardware associated with it?

2- auto high beams. I have forward collision warning + with active braking so the camera is there but when I enable the 4 settings I do get the autobrights in the radio screen (although haven’t tested that they work) but then I get faults that the forward collision active braking has an error, needs service and is disabled. I changed the setting back now so the error is gone. Is there more hardware needed for this mod?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, got my Alfaobd up and running and so far been able to modify my DRL location and add the option to turn them off (Canadian), disable fog drop out and added controls for my dealer installed Mopar power steps. A couple things I wanted to do however I can’t get to work.

1-Tailgate open lamp, changed 2 setting that I read about but no dice. This option isn’t on my build sheet, is there some needed hardware associated with it?

2- auto high beams. I have forward collision warning + with active braking so the camera is there but when I enable the 4 settings I do get the autobrights in the radio screen (although haven’t tested that they work) but then I get faults that the forward collision active braking has an error, needs service and is disabled. I changed the setting back now so the error is gone. Is there more hardware needed for this mod?
Pop off your tailgate access cover and look at the connector plugged into passenger side tailgate latch. Is there two, or three wires? They may have stopped running the tailgate ajar circuit on trucks that aren’t equipped with that feature.
What are the 4 settings you changed to try to get auto high beams?

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Pop off your tailgate access cover and look at the connector plugged into passenger side tailgate latch. Is there two, or three wires? They may have stopped running the tailgate ajar circuit on trucks that aren’t equipped with that feature.
What are the 4 settings you changed to try to get auto high beams?
I’ll pop the cover and have a look.

For auto high beams I changed:
-vehicleconfig 1-auto high beams: yes
-cust set menu 1 auto high beam csm present: yes
-cust set menu 2 teen key automatic high beam CSM present: yes
-cust prog features auto high beam: enabled

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll pop the cover and have a look.

For auto high beams I changed:
-vehicleconfig 1-auto high beams: yes
-cust set menu 1 auto high beam csm present: yes
-cust set menu 2 teen key automatic high beam CSM present: yes
-cust prog features auto high beam: enabled
VehConfig 1: Auto Highbeam- YES
**2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Auto High Beam Module Location- IRCM**
CustSetMenu 1: Auto High Beam CSM Present- YES
**CustSetMenu 2: Teen Key Automatic High Beam CSM Present- NO**
Cust.Prog.Features: Auto High Beam- Enabled

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I’ll give that a try. What is the teen key auto high beam csm referring to anyway?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll give that a try. What is the teen key auto high beam csm referring to anyway?
Teen key refers to vehicles that have a teen key option, which is a different fob that the vehicle recognizes, and limits features intended for new drivers. So, that setting would allow the radio setting to show up when a teen key fob is used.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Some live functions do not work or the settings in uconnect5.

There is a topic about it on this forum: https://www.ram-trx.com/threads/tazer-dt-and-2022-uconnect5.3632/

Did not find anything here on 5thgenrams
The live functions are irrelevant to AlfaOBD, and the radio isn’t used as AlfaOBDs menu, so those issues don’t apply. Other than that, people have been using it on the 2022 HDs for a while now, and @Rebel2022 above got some changes done. He just had a missing setting for auto high beams, so hopefully he reports back on that.
I’m sure tazer will be sorted out soon, since Tom Tom is probably looking for different messages to trick it into thinking the vehicle isn’t moving for nav in motion, and the more cams settings are a little different for on all the time cameras.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Ok I changed these settings as you listed and the same error has come up about the forward collision braking being disabled. This setting “2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Auto High Beam Module Location- IRCM” was already set to IRCM so the only difference now to what I tried before was the ‘teen key’ setting which I left at No this time.
Must be something changed in the 22’s?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I changed these settings as you listed and the same error has come up about the forward collision braking being disabled. This setting “2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Auto High Beam Module Location- IRCM” was already set to IRCM so the only difference now to what I tried before was the ‘teen key’ setting which I left at No this time.
Must be something changed in the 22’s?
Can you send me your original BCM log, and your current? Also, what faults are in the BCM?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve done some searching and a ton of reading but can’t figure out if there is a way to completely turn off all lights with the headlight knob while the truck is in gear. Would setting the drl up like a USA truck do the trick or is it not possible? I don’t plan on using this on public roads, just mainly old forest roads and private land etc.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve done some searching and a ton of reading but can’t figure out if there is a way to completely turn off all lights with the headlight knob while the truck is in gear. Would setting the drl up like a USA truck do the trick or is it not possible? I don’t plan on using this on public roads, just mainly old forest roads and private land etc.
The LED around the headlights are not DRLs. Turning off DRL doesn't turn those off. Not sure in alfaOBD, but I know the TazerDT allows you to turn them off.

Users who are viewing this thread