5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD Known Changes 5th Gen

frisby5

Reaction score
Which version of AlfaOBD are you using? Are you using the APK patch version that @22Ram1500InAR posted a link to above?
If so, and it’s still not working, I can probably tell you which raw value to change in your backup file to restore your BCM with. Just send me a copy of your current backup file (this is the file that is a bunch of lines of numbers and letters that all start with 62).
Im using 2.3.2 , i dont have a patch like @22Ram1500InAR he got one from Alex.I will try and send you a copy.

seansmd

Reaction score
I sent Alex a copy of my file .Even though i have enabled both VTa hood ajar

I sent Alex my conf. File even though i have enabled both VTa hood ajar settings it hasnt worked. Here is a screen shot of mybfile
How did you export the config file, I looked at my backup file and it is unreadable?

frisby5

Reaction score
How did you export the config file, I looked at my backup file and it

How did you export the config file, I looked at my backup file and it is unreadable?
I used one of these to copy it into my one drive . Html viewer. Try one of these it should work,i had to play around with it before i got it to work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230627_150427_Android System.jpg
    Screenshot_20230627_150427_Android System.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 37

alexteie

Reaction score
I used one of these to copy it into my one drive . Html viewer. Try one of these it should work,i had to play around with it before i got it to work.
just an question how do you make an config backup in alfaobd?

frisby5

Reaction score
just an question how do you make an config backup in alfaobd?
Go into Alpha select Body computer select backup vehicle conf. File

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230627_235103_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20230627_235103_AlfaOBD.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 40

alexteie

Reaction score
Just a silly question, when i create new gauges log it is empty? even when i upload it to gogole drive? what do i do wrong?
files stays 0kb?

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
I sent Alex a copy of my file .Even though i have enabled both VTa hood ajar

I sent Alex my conf. File even though i have enabled both VTa hood ajar settings it hasnt worked. Here is a screen shot of mybfile

Ok. This is EXACTLY how my config file looked before I installed the patch file that Alexey sent me.

Instead of what you see in the image you sent, you should see the following:

Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) Hood Ajar Monitoring 1: Yes
Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) Hood Ajar Monitoring 2: Yes

Note the #1 and #2 after the settings, which don’t exist in the file you sent. Further, the current version of AlfaOBD can’t differentiate between the two settings.

You have to:

1. Uninstall your current version of AlfaOBD.
2. Install the version using the link Alexey sent me (re-copied here):

After you install the new version, you should be able to set hood ajar monitoring 2 to yes.

Lemme know if it works.

frisby5

Reaction score
Ok. This is EXACTLY how my config file looked before I installed the patch file that Alexey sent me.

Note the #1 and #2 after the settings, which don’t exist in the file you sent. Further, the current version of AlfaOBD can’t differentiate between the two settings.

You have to:

After you install the new version, you should be able to set hood ajar monitoring 2 to yes.

Lemme know if it works.

You have to:

Lemme know if it works.
I installed the new version but forgot to uninstall the old one before i made the change . The settings are there i will see if it works . I finally got it working !! Alarm goes off now when i pop the hood ! : )

Last edited:

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
I saw this being mentioned in the AlfaOBD thread that it would be nice to have a comprehensive list in one thread of known changes that are known to work, so I figured I would kick it off and add what I know and update to the first 3 posts that I will reserve for future submissions. I come on this forum pretty frequently and am an Alfa user, and thought the idea was a good one.

Credit to @Swicago who said: "There really should be an AlfaOBD main thread in this forum, with sub threads for each of the items you can add/change. Searching this giant thread is becoming a pain in the ***."

Back up file Thanks to Jimmy07

Accent Lighting Setting:
To turn the accent lights off - CBC Extern Light Calibr: Signature Light Present - No

Adding Factory LED Bed Lighting:
CBC Config I/O Bed Light Switch Input Present - Pin 16: - Yes
CBC Config I/O Connector F Pin 6: Baggage Compartment Lamps Output Present - Yes
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Bed Lighting Present - Pin A5: - Yes

Tailgate Warning Enabled:
CBC Config I/O F Pin 26 Connector F Pin 26: Trunk/Liftgate Ajar Signal Input Present: - Yes

Speedometer Correction for Tire Size:
The video below is a pretty good how-to, and briefly mentioned and shows the drop-down menu of sizes, but I wanted to add that when using that method (to me, the easiest way), just pick a tire size that is closest or exactly your current tire diameter, Google the sizes listed and get actual tire diameters and compare it to what you are running and choose that tire size, it doesn't matter one bit if it isn't correct as far as what your "part number" is versus what you select, as long as they are close or exactly the same overall diameter. Also worth mentioning is that you do not have to do the ABS immobilization or clear any faults when using the drop-down menus and selecting from them.

Vehicle Theft Alarm Enable:
LIN and Misc: Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) System State - VTA
CBC Config I/O: Connector A Pin 11: Hood Ajar Switch Input Present - Yes
CBC Config I/O: Connector G Pin 2: Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) Warning LED Output Present - Yes
CBC Features: Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) Hood Ajar Monitoring - Yes
ECUConfig3 VTA System Present: Yes

Performance & Offroad Pages Enabled (Must have PR39 update):
Thanks to @HSKR R/T for finding the post made by @Njh3409 do download the update link below

View attachment 120674
VehConfig 1-Performance Pages Present - Yes
VehConfig 2-Off-Road Capable - Yes
VehConfig 5-Off-Road Pages Present - Yes

ECU Hard Reset Thanks to @Jimmy07:
Instead of connecting to the body computer, drop down the list and choose radio. In the list of radio modules, choose radio navigator module MY2017 and connect to it. Click ok when the box pops up talking about blue adapter. Once connected, click on car with hood open, drop down menu box, and choose reset ECU.
One other thing- you can only connect to the radio module if you have an OBDLink MX+ or EX. You can’t connect to the radio (or any other module that asks for the blue adapter) if you have any other cheaper OBD interface.

Amber Turn Signals as DRL's:
CBC Features: DRL Lamp Location - Turn Signal DRL
CustSetMenu 1 daytime running lights CSM Present - Yes
or
Make sure to turn DRL's to ON in the Uconnect settings.

Fog Light Dropout With Highbeams Disable
CBC Features: Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enabled - No

Heated Seats Settings:
In AlfaOBD they have a few things that can be altered in this area
Memory: Heated Seat Material Type
Options are:
Base Leather
Perforated Leather
Cloth
Currently, in my Laramie, it is set at Default (My seats are leather with perforated inserts)
While my seats are okay, not great, and wish they would get warmer, the steering wheel gets way too hot. I think I may play with those settings and see if temps change with the material type, I would think they would.
I changed my seat material to Perforated Leather and now they get nice and toasty.

Heated Wheel Settings:
Memory: Heated Wheel Material Type
Options are:
Wood/Leather
Full Leather
The current setting is set at: Wood/Leather ( My wheel doesn't contain any wood anywhere)
The steering wheel gets way too hot. I think I may play with those settings and see if temps change with the material type, I would think they would.

I did find something else interesting about the heated wheel in Alfa,
Seats A: Heated Wheel Level
With Options being
2 level (High/Low/Off)
3 Level (High/Med/Low/Off)

Checked what mine was set on and it says: Heated Wheel Level: Not defined

So I changed that to: Level 3 (High/Med/Low/Off) and it worked, I now have the three levels of heating to my steering wheel. Comfortable, Hot, & Holy $hit. ;)

Turn off the white frost brows (upper and lower accent lights) Thanks to @brian42
On the OEM LED reflector (Big Horn/Laramie) headlights:

CBC Extern Light Calibr: Signature Light Present- NO

Thanks to @Jimmy07 for this one
*Dependant on year model for this to work, I do not think it will work for 2019's not sure about others, try if you like.

Make the upper and lower LED accent strips the DRLs (no other lights on). They will only come on in gear, they will be brighter than they were as accent lighting, the accent strips will “drop out” on the side that the turn signal is being used on, and they can be toggled on/off in the radio settings.

The accent lights can’t be toggled on/off via any type of setting equipped on the truck, but you can disable them with AlfaOBD by setting CBC Extern.Light Calib. Signature light present to NO.
If you want to configure the accent lights to be the DRLs (only come on in gear), and to be brighter than what they are from factory, make the following changes:
CBC Features DRL Configuration- OPTIONAL
CBC Features DRL Lamp Location- DEDICATED
CBC Features DRL Dropout Enabled- YES
CBC Extern.Light Calib. Signature Light Present- NO
CBC Extern.Light Calib. Left Side (and right side) DRL Voltage Target- 7.4 (but can be raised)
CustSetMenu 1 daytime running lights CSM Present- YES

Update: The same way turning off Sig lights did not disable them at night, Sig Dropout feature does not work at night either.

I did not test whether Sig dropout affects daytime function as I turned them off and enabled turn signal DRLs instead.
Thanks to @Jimmy07
The reason the signature lights come on at night is because they also double as the parking lights. So, whenever the headlights come on, or the parking lights are switched on, the same LEDs that serve as the signature lights will come on, since they are also fed by the parking light circuits.
Signature lamp dropout would mean that when a turn signal is used, the corresponding headlight’s signature lights will shut off (drop out) while the turn signal is flashing.

Installing Factory Trailer Brake Controller (Thanks to @brotharon)​

Full write up with parts list and how to:

ITBM/HWM Integrated Trailer Brake Module: Change to "ENABLED"
Trailer selected CSM: Change to "Yes"
Trailer name CSM: Change to "Yes"
Trailer type CSM: Change to "Yes"

Mopar Powered Side Steps Setting thanks to @RebelWraith

In case anyone wants to add the factory powered side steps and does not want to pay the dealer for the added sales code here is what I changed in AlfaOBD. Took about 24 hours for the soft key on the 12" screen to show up and the settings option. Also when you deploy or retract the steps a little notification pops up on the gauge cluster.
I've attached photos of the 3 areas that were enabled. Cabin Net-PSSM Power Side Step Module; Cust.Set.Menu 3-Power Side Step Enable/Disable CSM Present; Cust.Set.Menu 2- Automatic Side Step CSM Present.
Screenshot_20200522-162345.png

Screenshot_20200522-161956.png

Screenshot_20200522-161802.png
Under the entry for VTA, should we add that some configurations may have two hood ajar monitoring settings and both need to be set to ‘yes’?

CBC Features: Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) Hood Ajar Monitoring 1 - Yes

CBC Features: Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) Hood Ajar Monitoring 2 - Yes

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
What do you all do with left over harnesses?

I have a few (tail lights from installing LED bed lights, headliner from installing intermittent wipers, tail gate from installing tailgate ajar). The clips are damaged or a few of the clips are broken. Ends and wire are still fine.

Hail rebel

Reaction score
Guys ! Please advise the settings in alpha in order to maintain the brightness of the led accent lights in drive/the same level as in park. Just want it brighter. Accent lights are much dimmer while my truck is being driven around.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Guys ! Please advise the settings in alpha in order to maintain the brightness of the led accent lights in drive/the same level as in park. Just want it brighter. Accent lights are much dimmer while my truck is being driven around.
Not possible.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Not sure if it's what you are looking to do. Found on this thread.

Dependant on year model for this to work, I do not think it will work for 2019's not sure about others, try if you like.

Make the upper and lower LED accent strips the DRLs (no other lights on). They will only come on in gear, they will be brighter than they were as accent lighting, the accent strips will “drop out” on the side that the turn signal is being used on, and they can be toggled on/off in the radio settings.

The accent lights can’t be toggled on/off via any type of setting equipped on the truck, but you can disable them with AlfaOBD by setting CBC Extern.Light Calib. Signature light present to NO.
If you want to configure the accent lights to be the DRLs (only come on in gear), and to be brighter than what they are from factory, make the following changes:
CBC Extern.Light Calib. Left Side (and right side) DRL Voltage Target- 7.4 (but can be raised)

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if it's what you are looking to do. Found on this thread.

Dependant on year model for this to work, I do not think it will work for 2019's not sure about others, try if you like.

I havent heard a single person who said this has worked. I tried on my 2020 and it didn't work.

Hail rebel

Reaction score
I havent heard a single person who said this has worked. I tried on my 2020 and it didn't work.
I second that ! Been trying every single setting including increasing the voltage of both sides to 12.2v. Thought I was doing something wrong but everything looked pretty straightforward. None of them matched the brightness level to the one in park vs drive. Thanks everyone for the inputs 🍻🍻

Runeglfbrg

Reaction score
Am I able to add the code to turn on the AUX switch's? I bought the kit to install them on my 2022 rebel but I know they need to be turned on in the computer.

e55amg2

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who has contributed here!

I have a question about the cooled seats. Has anyone come across a way to make them come on hi when the truck is started (vs low). It's hot here 10 months out of the year, and it would make for one less thing to do after starting my truck. I know they come on automatically at a certain ext temp, but I have not found anything in the menus on AlfaOBD to change how that works.

Any help is appreciated

bradman

Reaction score
I am ready to make a tire size change on a MY '23 and after watching the video in this thread's post #1 and a few other videos on MY 22's I see that some folks are stopping at step 1 "Program Tire size" and are not performing the subsequent VEHCONFIG 4- DYNAMIC TIRE CIRCUMFERENCE (ALL OR REAR) step and beyond.

Can anyone comment on this - Are all the steps required as shown in Post #1's video or just "Program Tire Size"?

Users who are viewing this thread