5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD Known Changes 5th Gen

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, I think it was asked before and there wasn't a setting.
Maybe.not with alfaObd, it there has to be a way to change it. The RAM Promaster vans flash 5-times with the one touch lane change.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe.not with alfaObd, it there has to be a way to change it. The RAM Promaster vans flash 5-times with the one touch lane change.
Different systems have different programming. Just because one does something doesn't mean a while different system can. I've worked with some Promaster guys on some CAN stuff.

Kross

Reaction score
Have we confirmed cornering fog lights can be disabled? I'm getting mixed answers.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anyone have access to the UCX upgrade files? I am currently at LR 34.3 and would like to be to at least to 39.7. I have the UAX files but they are not compatible.
You should ask in the Uconnect section since this has nothing to do with AlfaOBD.

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
I have two hood ajar settings in Alfa but there is no right or left. I set both of them to yes but it didnt do anything when i popped the hood unless the fob needs to be away from truck for that to happen..

Mine didn’t work right away either. I cycled the truck on and off—which was what I think actually fixed it as sometimes these changes take a while to update. Another clue was that after I cycled it, my Uconnect screen took longer to load and asked me to confirm the disclaimer—something it only does when I make a change. After this, then I took the keys really far away…both of them…and tested it again (and it finally worked). Make sure the second key FOB isn’t close to the truck as well.

Also, sorry if I was not clear earlier. The right and left hood ajar thing isn’t a setting. It’s one of the items in a status/faults log file that provides information about installed equipment and their “state”. See attached photo. But you should see and be able to change these:

Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) Hood Ajar Monitoring 1: Yes
Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) Hood Ajar Monitoring 2: Yes

Attachments

• IMG_2280.jpeg
    IMG_2280.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

frisby5

Reaction score
Mine didn’t work right away either. I cycled the truck on and off—which was what I think actually fixed it as sometimes these changes take a while to update. Another clue was that after I cycled it, my Uconnect screen took longer to load and asked me to confirm the disclaimer—something it only does when I make a change. After this, then I took the keys really far away…both of them…and tested it again (and it finally worked). Make sure the second key FOB isn’t close to the truck as well.

Also, sorry if I was not clear earlier. The right and left hood ajar thing isn’t a setting. It’s one of the items in a status/faults log file that provides information about installed equipment and their “state”. See attached photo. But you should see and be able to change these:

Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) Hood Ajar Monitoring 1: Yes
Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) Hood Ajar Monitoring 2: Yes
Ok thanks ,i will try it this weekend. I got the hardware for the tailgate ajar upgrade going to install that to.

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
Ok thanks ,i will try it this weekend. I got the hardware for the tailgate ajar upgrade going to install that to.
Tailgate ajar is a fun and easy mod. I pulled up next to a guy with a Laramie and a bed cover that had his tailgate open the other day (at a stop light). He didn’t know it was open. He needs this mod.

BTW I am running AlfaOBD version 2.3.2.0. I know it handles the hood ajar differently than older versions. I’m not sure if Alexey pushed out the update yet. If he didn’t, you can just ask him by sending an email to [email protected]. I included the link to the update he sent me below. You need to uninstall the old version first. I just want to make sure you don’t waste time with older versions.

https://www.alfaobd.com/AlfaOBD_GP_fix.apk

Attachments

• IMG_2281.jpeg
    IMG_2281.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

seansmd

Reaction score
Tailgate ajar is a fun and easy mod. I pulled up next to a guy with a Laramie and a bed cover that had his tailgate open the other day (at a stop light). He didn’t know it was open. He needs this mod.

BTW I am running AlfaOBD version 2.3.2.0. I know it handles the hood ajar differently than older versions. I’m not sure if Alexey pushed out the update yet. If he didn’t, you can just ask him by sending an email to [email protected]. I included the link to the update he sent me below. You need to uninstall the old version first. I just want to make sure you don’t waste time with older versions.

I have 2.3.2.0 pushed naturally.

frisby5

Reaction score

Ok thank you, i checked mine ,its the right version . Here is a screen shot of mine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230621_154350_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20230621_154350_AlfaOBD.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 33

frisby5

Reaction score
Ok thank you, i checked mine ,its the right version . Here is a screen shot of mine.

I did the tailgate ajar uograde and it works! I still cant get my hood ajar alarm to sound when i pop the hood. I talk to Alex at Alfa obd he said to set the two ajar settings to yes which i did but it didnt work, i think i need a patch or something.

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
I did the tailgate ajar uograde and it works! I still cant get my hood ajar alarm to sound when i pop the hood. I talk to Alex at Alfa obd he said to set the two ajar settings to yes which i did but it didnt work, i think i need a patch or something.
That's great. If you are comfortable doing so, use a text editor to check your settings (you should see both hood ajar monitoring settings set to yes). Or send the file to Alex. He can check the settings and troubleshoot. I sent my config file to him and he replied to me with specific instructions on what to do next to make it work.

Last edited:

frisby5

Reaction score
That's great. If you are comfortable doing so, use a text editor to check your settings (you should be both hood ajar monitoring settings set to yes). Or send the file to Alex. He can check the settings and troubleshoot. I sent my config file to him and he replied to me with specific instructions on what to do next to make it
Ok i will send him a email , i sent him a email yesterday to see if he had any suggestions.

frisby5

Reaction score
That's great. If you are comfortable doing so, use a text editor to check your settings (you should see both hood ajar monitoring settings set to yes). Or send the file to Alex. He can check the settings and troubleshoot. I sent my config file to him and he replied to me with specific instructions on what to do next to make it work.
I sent Alex a copy of my file .Even though i have enabled both VTa hood ajar
I sent Alex my conf. File even though i have enabled both VTa hood ajar settings it hasnt worked. Here is a screen shot of mybfile

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230627_005726_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230627_005726_Drive.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 31

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I sent Alex a copy of my file .Even though i have enabled both VTa hood ajar

I sent Alex my conf. File even though i have enabled both VTa hood ajar settings it hasnt worked. Here is a screen shot of mybfile
Which version of AlfaOBD are you using? Are you using the APK patch version that @22Ram1500InAR posted a link to above?
If so, and it’s still not working, I can probably tell you which raw value to change in your backup file to restore your BCM with. Just send me a copy of your current backup file (this is the file that is a bunch of lines of numbers and letters that all start with 62).

Users who are viewing this thread