5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

CoZo6

Reaction score
I just read all 80 pages of this thread and I think I have a good path forward. We just purchased a 2022 Built To Serve and I’m looking to add bed lights, trailer brakes and a few other things. I purchased a cheap Android tablet and the MX+. I’m just down to buying the bypass. Any suggestions on whether I should get the ecri or the kaodtech?
If you want quality and hassle free problems kaodtech!

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just read all 80 pages of this thread and I think I have a good path forward. We just purchased a 2022 Built To Serve and I’m looking to add bed lights, trailer brakes and a few other things. I purchased a cheap Android tablet and the MX+. I’m just down to buying the bypass. Any suggestions on whether I should get the ecri or the kaodtech?

The ECRI unit is less than half the price and it's a solid product with a bunch of good reviews.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The security bypass just needs to bypass the SGW module. Basically it's just a fancy wrap around. As long as it's wired correctly and the wires don't fall out of connectors, there's really nothing one does better than the other. Go with cheapest option.

Personally, I use my TazerDT as the bypass when using alfaOBD since it stays plugged in all the time anyways. And it actually adds functions alfaOBD can't do.

Pooltbl18

Reaction score
I got the cable for 15$ on Amazon worked great

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The ecri works fine.
You are throwing money away if you buy a bypass more expensive.
It's $25

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The security bypass just needs to bypass the SGW module. Basically it's just a fancy wrap around. As long as it's wired correctly and the wires don't fall out of connectors, there's really nothing one does better than the other. Go with cheapest option.

Personally, I use my TazerDT as the bypass when using alfaOBD since it stays plugged in all the time anyways. And it actually adds functions alfaOBD can't do.
Problem is the TazerDT doesn't work for the 2022s yet. Zautomotive blames it on Uconnect 5.
It would still work as a bypass, but man that's an expensive bypass.
They also offer a military discount which takes around 30 bucks off if you qualify.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Problem is the TazerDT doesn't work for the 2022s yet. Zautomotive blames it on Uconnect 5.
It would still work as a bypass, but man that's an expensive bypass.
They also offer a military discount which takes around 30 bucks off if you qualify.
Oh, definitely expensive option to only use as a bypass.

HOOEYB8ED

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm which bypass's have been tested and known to work on 2022 1500's ? I see some listed above as not working.

Pooltbl18

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm which bypass's have been tested and known to work on 2022 1500's ? I see some listed above as not working.
I was able to add the security Alarm, power running boards, bed lights with this cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NDQ6RTF?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share on my 2022 1500. Unplug the wires from the security gateway, plug them into the adapter, plug the adapter into the obdii reader, program then return cables to security gateway when done.

ric006

Reaction score
Hey Guys, New here to Alfa OBD and to Newer Ram Trucks, I just bought my truck got my trailer brake setup and everything good there but damn i need to connect to the instrument gauge and turn the seat belt off Im always on farm land and with the chim and the screen flickering like crazy is starting to drive me nuts in my 2022 Ram but when i connect to the Instrument Guage i get ECU Error can not confirm ISO i can continue to diagnose but i cannot edit any features, Im using MX+ latest version of alfa OBD as i installed today

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey Guys, New here to Alfa OBD and to Newer Ram Trucks, I just bought my truck got my trailer brake setup and everything good there but damn i need to connect to the instrument gauge and turn the seat belt off Im always on farm land and with the chim and the screen flickering like crazy is starting to drive me nuts in my 2022 Ram but when i connect to the Instrument Guage i get ECU Error can not confirm ISO i can continue to diagnose but i cannot edit any features, Im using MX+ latest version of alfa OBD as i installed today

Without touching the brake pedal, press the ignition button twice–it should show in the “Run” position.
Wait for the seatbelt light on your dashboard to turn off. Within 10 seconds, latch and unlatch your seatbelt three times. Hit the ignition button again. You’ll hear a single ding noise. The seatbelt alarm is now deactivated.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You don't go into the instrument cluster to disable the seatbelt alarm.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You don't go into the instrument cluster to disable the seatbelt alarm.
I’m not sure if AlfaOBD works to disable the seat belt chime on the DT Rams (it doesn’t for the 2019+ HD Rams), but the function to disable it is via connection to the instrument cluster. Even through wiTECH with a micropod, the modification is in the IPC.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not sure if AlfaOBD works to disable the seat belt chime on the DT Rams (it doesn’t for the 2019+ HD Rams), but the function to disable it is via connection to the instrument cluster. Even through wiTECH with a micropod, the modification is in the IPC.
Figured it would still be a BCM function

ric006

Reaction score
Without touching the brake pedal, press the ignition button twice–it should show in the “Run” position.
Wait for the seatbelt light on your dashboard to turn off. Within 10 seconds, unhook and latch your seatbelt three times. Hit the ignition button again. You’ll hear a single ding noise. The seatbelt alarm is now deactivated.
you can do this up to 50 times a day if you want but apparently you get in and get out your vehicle and hit the couch

ric006

Reaction score
yeah i dont think it works for the newer vehicles instrument cluster is locked well one day someone will figure it out, think its more to the net not being current when connecting

Users who are viewing this thread