5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AirBags - Timber Grove vs AirLift 5000 Ultimate Plus+

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the Timber Grove bags last night. Very well thought out kit, and aside from snapping 2 bolts on the top, the install is pretty straightforward. I tightened them too much at first so I couldn't rotate the bags to align them, and when I attempted to loosen the bolts a bit, 2 of them broke off. No big deal, I'll grab some new ones today. Overall it added 3/4" to the rear with 6 psi in them, and the ride doesn't seem much different than stock, but you definitely know they are there if you hit a decent dip in the road.

Zollman12

Reaction score
Installed the Timber Grove bags last night. Very well thought out kit, and aside from snapping 2 bolts on the top, the install is pretty straightforward. I tightened them too much at first so I couldn't rotate the bags to align them, and when I attempted to loosen the bolts a bit, 2 of them broke off. No big deal, I'll grab some new ones today. Overall it added 3/4" to the rear with 6 psi in them, and the ride doesn't seem much different than stock, but you definitely know they are there if you hit a decent dip in the road.
Do you have a link to where yuou purchased your Timber's. I installed RC 2" leveling struts in my 2019 Laramie. It almost sit too level at this point. I was going to get Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus. But now after reading this. Sounds like the Timbers are the way to go! Send me a link please!

TexasRebel42

Reaction score
Curious about the onboard compressor setup. Timber grove is sold out of them from what I can see, except the drop in ones that go into your floor cubby. Any experience with these? Will any on board compressor system (i.e. airlifts) work with TG bags?

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious about the onboard compressor setup. Timber grove is sold out of them from what I can see, except the drop in ones that go into your floor cubby. Any experience with these? Will any on board compressor system (i.e. airlifts) work with TG bags?

I’ve been in constant contact with Steve regarding these. He had to go to a different air tank supplier. He has been doing a lot of testing to ensure they will meet his standards. The other day he said they did really well and he is working on new mounts for them. Hopefully the kits will start rolling out in the next few weeks. I’m waiting on the auto leveling kit for my Timber Grove 4” drop bags. This way anytime I add a load of any kind, the system maintains the rear height and levels left and right.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Make sure to torque the bolts correctly according to the directions. Stainless hardware is soft and will break easily if over torqued.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would agree with you on timber grove. Nice set of bags. Excellent support from Steve at Timber Grove.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

+1 for Timber Grove. Steve is very knowledgeable and is more than willing to answer any of your questions. Seems like a really good guy.

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
I can't speak on Airlift, but im a lifetime customer of Timber Grove. I've gotten 2 sets of bags, both for 6" lifted trucks. Both times Steve, the owner, called to chit chat and make sure I was getting the right thing. Great guy! Flawless install and performance.

tyromeo55

Reaction score
As recommended in this thread I ordered a set of Timber Grove helper bags for my 2020 DT. After 4 months on the shelf I finally got them installed today. The truck typically sits a hair less than level due to an oversized Knaack job box (4830) permanently mounted in the bed. With it , ladders and the back seating full of tools/material I figure I tote around 1000# of crap everywhere I go.

15 PSI gets me back the factory rake at the cost of some minimal added bounce. I'll drive it that way for a couple days and then drop to 10 and see which I prefer. I'm excited to see how pulling a scissor lift benefits from the install but that is not in the near forcast. It will be nice to get a good amount of tongue weight without the hillbilly lean towards the back.

DOFF

Reaction score
I have a lift, off road quite frequently and tow quite a bit during the summers and have had no issues with my Timber groves. Love them.

tyromeo55

Reaction score
UPDATE:
With the weight I carry around every day (guess 1000#). 15psi seems to be the minimum pressure I need to run if I want to keep the truck from bottoming out the bags over decent bumps in the road. Guess I must of been relying on the jounce bumpers a lot more then I realized over the past couple years.

Ground to bottom of fender well was 36" prior to the bags and 37.5" at 15# pressure.

So far it looks like a great solution for anyone in the same situation.

Users who are viewing this thread