5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Then I have no clue @1Raider said he had the menu item. I think he does have the off-road package, maybe it only comes with that.

1Raider

Reaction score
edrclark yes I ordered the ORG on mine..

Pissedofframowner

Reaction score
If they had a new system that worked they should be able to repair / replace them in the older trucks that haven't worked in cold climates since new. So far no luck...

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bumping this thread.
I live in Anchorage Alaska and so far this winter the air ride has been perfect. No issues at all and it's been below freezing for weeks and well below zero for the past week.

Last edited:

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bumping this thread.
I live in Anchorage Alaska and so far this winter the air ride has been perfect. No issues at all and it's been below freezing for weeks and we'll below zero for the past week.
It's great to hear, but sadly it's not the first winter that you need to worry about. It's the second or third where the air ride issues will begin to appear. Good luck to you.

NHREBEL2

Reaction score
I totally see the hesitation from guys that had the last AS system. Some serious horror stories.
I was one of the lucky ones. My '16 Rebel's AS only failed me once. Deflated to the stops, but ran it through a carwash and all was good. Never happened again.
So I got it again with this Rebel. I live in NH btw. So far so good.
I didn't notice any discovery in this thread on about the new system. Someone must have knowledge of changes made?
To me the pump sounds different(muted, maybe insulated) and the cans look different. It also doesn't auto-correct constantly while standing next to it like the old one did.
Seems like there are less instances of issues but may be too early to tell.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There’s a couple of Debbie downers here always chirping about the air but maybe they will get tired of being negative on EVERY air suspension threead ;)

revolutionz

Reaction score
I live in ND, and so far with multiple days below zero, my AS has been perfect.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's great to hear, but sadly it's not the first winter that you need to worry about. It's the second or third where the air ride issues will begin to appear. Good luck to you.
Time will tell I guess. I do know that the air ride system for the '19s was improved over the past gens.

harleyrae

Reaction score
I have had my Rebel going on two months and love the air suspension. I have older ladies (one is 90 yrs old) that had trouble getting in and out of my silverado and now I can bring down when need and go right back up for riding. PERFECT!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There’s a couple of Debbie downers here always chirping about the air but maybe they will get tired of being negative on EVERY air suspension threead ;)
Apologies! Bad habbit. Just want owners to know the facts before deciding what suspension is best for them depending on their climate. There was no information when I bought my 16' Rebel and I would have appreciated a heads up before I bought it.

Just trying to be helpful... if I lived in Arizona, I'd be rolling in an air ride equiped Rebel right now.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol. All good I just like ball busting.
No, I need the leash yanked sometimes... sore spot that I need to ignore. Just don't want anyone else to have to be shocked by a failing system 3 years into ownership.

I'll try to be less of a downer and more of a beacon of info.

just247ride

Reaction score
No, I need the leash yanked sometimes... sore spot that I need to ignore. Just don't want anyone else to have to be shocked by a failing system 3 years into ownership.

I'll try to be less of a downer and more of a beacon of info.
Bought a 13 Laramie with AS in July so far spent $900 on exhaust gaskets , drivers display flickers want $1200 to fix that and AS has gone down 3 times . Dealer says $930 module , undriveable ! Won’t buy AS ever again and I’m a semi truck driver that s been riding on AS for years . Other people noticed my truck rides rougher than my friends 13 and 14 with springs

Users who are viewing this thread