5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a way to program the truck to auto lower when in park, perhaps something a dealer could do if not accessible to us in the settings. Probably wishful thinking on my part.
I like the idea, both for appearance and for putting the truck in 'easy entry' position without having to use the fob and wait.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Might be a safety issue if it crushed something

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Might be a safety issue if it crushed something
Also the reason it's slow, probably.

The Grand Cherokee lowers in Park. It will not descend if a door is opened to prevent the door bottom from hitting a curb and bending the hinge. I suspect the door must be closed on the Ram as well. If there is a park signal on the harness, it may be possible to tie that entry/exit switch with a relay.

FreeNC

Reaction score
You would think it would operate the same as the GC. Not a huge deal but it seems to me if you put the Entry/exit option on the truck why wouldn't you actually use the feature as it sounds.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it would be nice. Was looking at the manual to see if there was a option to lower it automatically (couldn’t find one). What did pop out at me was the rebel drops 3” from normal height. That could damage the undercarriage in some situations.

1Raider

Reaction score
I like the idea, both for appearance and for putting the truck in 'easy entry' position without having to use the fob and wait.

May be a Longevity/Warranty issue as well for FCA...

I myself would want it to be Easy/Exit option that would be there along the side steps retracting option's to select an not have too select every time.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if my 2013 ram has that option, guess I should read the manual, while I am waiting for my new truck to be built

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
I wonder if my 2013 ram has that option, guess I should read the manual, while I am waiting for my new truck to be built

I have a 2015 grand Cherokee, by default it doesn't lower automatically in park but there is a setting in Uconnect that you can set to lower it.

Have you tried to see if the truck has the same setting? Should be under suspension...

FreeNC

Reaction score
I see the auto aero mode but not the entry/exit mode as shown in the above post.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All I can say, it is in the manual, I ain’t got a truck :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread