5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension Warning

clazer

Reaction score
Definitely a possibility. The pressure in your bags in normal mode is closer to e/e now

djmedic13

Reaction score
Ok thank you I reached out to revel performance where I ordered the kit and they said it’s because the it’s being over extended and that’s causing the sensor to come on and that I need to lengthen the links some to make that go away, which seems odd because to much lower and it would sit at stock height before the spacer was added I would think “ which would defeat the purpose of a 300$ kit and 300$ install to be basically the way it was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clazer

Reaction score
Ok thank you I reached out to revel performance where I ordered the kit and they said it’s because the it’s being over extended and that’s causing the sensor to come on and that I need to lengthen the links some to make that go away, which seems odd because to much lower and it would sit at stock height before the spacer was added I would think “ which would defeat the purpose of a 300$ kit and 300$ install to be basically the way it was

Yeah they are either wrong or don’t know you have spacers. Need to shorten them. Start with a quarter inch and see what happens.

djmedic13

Reaction score
Yea they know about the spacers because I specifically asked them what’s the point of getting the spacers if your telling me the links need to be lengthened and lowered more to stop the service error. He said just a tiny amount but I told him a tiny amount from the previous was would not even be close to a level kit it would make a 1.5in or greater difference from front to back. So I’ll try your way first and see if that stops the errors right now I got it to 40in in the front and 40.5 in the back so if I don’t get that service error it will stay there if I still get it I’ll try what he said and see. But if his way is the fix I’ll have the crap removed because it would be pointless at that point.

jjohnston2

Reaction score
Yea they know about the spacers because I specifically asked them what’s the point of getting the spacers if your telling me the links need to be lengthened and lowered more to stop the service error. He said just a tiny amount but I told him a tiny amount from the previous was would not even be close to a level kit it would make a 1.5in or greater difference from front to back. So I’ll try your way first and see if that stops the errors right now I got it to 40in in the front and 40.5 in the back so if I don’t get that service error it will stay there if I still get it I’ll try what he said and see. But if his way is the fix I’ll have the crap removed because it would be pointless at that point.

How did you make out ?

Abesosa

Reaction score
Any update? Your set up is the same one I want... but starting to regret air ride with the tire balding and error messages on a simple level :/

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection

fflis

Reaction score
Any update? Your set up is the same one I want... but starting to regret air ride with the tire balding and error messages on a simple level :/

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection

Hmmm I just did the daystar spacer and revel links on my limited and I don’t have any errors. Although I haven’t tried OR2. But in e/e, Aero, and Normal everything seems kosher.

djmedic13

Reaction score
Yes I had to wait until they could give me a loaner so I just got it there yesterday and they called to tell me a few mins ago that it was just a failed sensor in the front right air suspension that they replaced so the level kit was not the cause.

Limited Bob

Reaction score
Yes I had to wait until they could give me a loaner so I just got it there yesterday and they called to tell me a few mins ago that it was just a failed sensor in the front right air suspension that they replaced so the level kit was not the cause.

Well that makes sense because I'm at 39.75 and 40.5 and no errors at all. Thinking about another turn closed and try for awhile. That's OR2 and stock rubber. Nittos on the way. Glad you got it sorted out.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi djmedic13,

If you are in need of any additional support once you have your truck back, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message.

Mark
RamCares

Jordan3206

Reaction score

I was going to say...... The whole goal is to trick the system into thinking it was at normal height so the sensor will enver be out of range it just may have issues over airing the bag. If you have hte daystart spacer in theory you could have 4" of lift before this would be an issue... IE OR2 with the daystar spacer.

Samson75

Reaction score
Lol, theoretically you could have 4” lift . But I bet that drive angle would wreak havoc on the drive shaft joints and go wayyyyy past the limits of you’re UCA’s. I also wonder when the level link gets too short to allow smooth movement of the level sensor... when I 1st installed my Daytek and links . I was confused about the length I required and I think I cut one about 10 mm too short. System did NOT like that ! Error codes like crazy and the link ..... just didn’t fit ....

Jordan3206

Reaction score
Lol, theoretically you could have 4” lift . But I bet that drive angle would wreak havoc on the drive shaft joints and go wayyyyy past the limits of you’re UCA’s. I also wonder when the level link gets too short to allow smooth movement of the level sensor... when I 1st installed my Daytek and links . I was confused about the length I required and I think I cut one about 10 mm too short. System did NOT like that ! Error codes like crazy and the link ..... just didn’t fit ....

I did this. Ball joint, links and sensors all happy even in OR2. Still stiff af. I run it in normal 2” level but the system is better with the control arms no doubt.
DDABAA2F-0C6F-4650-8EBB-B810AB3E7F56.jpeg
33788040-9827-48B4-821B-9D2E236B9705.jpeg

Samson75

Reaction score
Arms from the ReadyLift 2” kit with a ball stud installed

I keep wondering if the air ride UCA is better anyway then the standard trucks just because of OR 2 setting stock.... have you ever compared part #’s??

Jordan3206

Reaction score
I keep wondering if the air ride UCA is better anyway then the standard trucks just because of OR 2 setting stock.... have you ever compared part #’s??

There the same. The non air trucks even have the ball stud now.

Users who are viewing this thread