5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension Warning

clazer

Reaction score
Went over a nastier Houston bump in the road today while in Normal height. Less than a minute later, I got an air suspension warning. The ride still seems normal and I can air up and down. The light comes on after maybe a minute of turning the truck on and doesn’t go away. Any ideas? I’m leveled with links and Daystar spacers plus mopar UCA.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

clazer

Reaction score
Ouch! Found the problem! Has anyone snapped the sensor mount? Better yet, does anyone know if there are any tricks to replacing it? It was the front right that broke at the bolt attachment point.
2191d29ba68f654003b94b215b19f9e9.jpg

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ouch! Found the problem! Has anyone snapped the sensor mount? Better yet, does anyone know if there are any tricks to replacing it? It was the front right that broke at the bolt attachment point.
2191d29ba68f654003b94b215b19f9e9.jpg

Seems like you could persuasively argue that this is a warranty item. I'm filing this in the category of "things that shouldn't happen."

clazer

Reaction score
Seems like you could persuasively argue that this is a warranty item. I'm filing this in the category of "things that shouldn't happen."

I had been thinking about going in for warranty after I check out clearances again.

clazer

Reaction score
I just ordered another one for $66. It installs with a single torx. Have not installed it because my rubber band setup actually works just fine, lol.

djmedic13

Reaction score
I just had my service air suspension light start coming on and off today but checked it’s not that.. however I do have the day star spacers and revel links and worried that the dealership might not cover whatever is wrong!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

djmedic13

Reaction score
my suspension still goes up and down but when driving the light comes on and i get that message then it goes off but comes back on shortly after

clazer

Reaction score
You’ll also get errors if you’ve adjusted the arms too short. It will keep trying to inflate but never get full enough. Give the sensors a good wiggle- they might be partially connected.

djmedic13

Reaction score
Yea I have revel links I’m thinking they may need to be adjusted my front is at just under 39.5in and my rear is at 40.5
a7d4b5d4f53d8ec18bf28ac37f0e26fa.jpg
91232981b4e7f8a2c14c0354124b0185.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djmedic13

Reaction score
The shop that installed the spacers put the links on I don’t think they adjusted them now that I measured the front to rear height. Does lengthening them raise the truck or lower the truck?

djmedic13

Reaction score
Sorry for all the questions but also is there a good way to remove them without damaging anything or do they just pull off easily

djmedic13

Reaction score
That’s the measurement of front and back heights in normal mode and then what my links are at aswell

Cas5481

Reaction score
anyone having issues with their tires chopping on the outside edge? the dealer adjusted the front right air bag but its still chewing the outside edge of the tire.

djmedic13

Reaction score
I am the factory tires I took off at 15k miles the front two were almost bald on the outside of both only the inside and middle tread was fine and the back two were fine.

clazer

Reaction score
That’s the measurement of front and back heights in normal mode and then what my links are at aswell

My front was at 40.5” after the level, so you definitely aren’t maxed out on height. Shorten the front links a little and see if it helps. You are basically at factory ride height, so the bags might be under inflated with the spacers.

You can remove the links, just make sure to support the sensor arm before you do any pulling. Don’t want to snap it.

djmedic13

Reaction score
do you think that’s why i’m getting the error? for service air suspension?

Users who are viewing this thread