5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension Warning

Samson75

Reaction score
There the same. The non air trucks even have the ball stud now.

I think I’ll roll around a bit till summer then do the same. Very clever way to get the UCA you want . Thanks !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clazer

Reaction score
So my rubber bands finally snapped and I was forced to actually fix the sensor. Instead of bolting on the new sensor that I ordered, thought I’d try and modify the original first since it’s basically free right now. Drilled a hole about a half inch up from the stock mounting hole and bent the tab flat. Then I zip tied the old sensor back on. Should work just fine and now the sensor is well below the UCA. The link angle is a lot better looking now. It makes me wonder if the best way to do this isn’t links. Just pull the sensor bracket, drill a hole in the bracket then mount everything a half inch lower.

Attachments

• 8F9D56B7-81AE-4E34-87D5-511F8B8C2ED4.jpeg
    8F9D56B7-81AE-4E34-87D5-511F8B8C2ED4.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 54

Jordan3206

Reaction score
So my rubber bands finally snapped and I was forced to actually fix the sensor. Instead of bolting on the new sensor that I ordered, thought I’d try and modify the original first since it’s basically free right now. Drilled a hole about a half inch up from the stock mounting hole and bent the tab flat. Then I zip tied the old sensor back on. Should work just fine and now the sensor is well below the UCA. The link angle is a lot better looking now. It makes me wonder if the best way to do this isn’t links. Just pull the sensor bracket, drill a hole in the bracket then mount everything a half inch lower.
lol Jc dude, brand new truck. why so cheap.

clazer

Reaction score
lol Jc dude, brand new truck. why so cheap.
I learn better by breaking things, haha. Not really the cost that I’m worried about, I’m trying to improve the setup. If I just put the replacement sensor on, it’ll get snapped off again when the truck goes full droop, so I’m changing how it mounts. Once my trial setup holds for some tough duty, I can swap on the new sensor. Angles are way better on the links by changing the mounting bracket as opposed to changing the link length.

Jordan3206

Reaction score
I learn better by breaking things, haha. Not really the cost that I’m worried about, I’m trying to improve the setup. If I just put the replacement sensor on, it’ll get snapped off again when the truck goes full droop, so I’m changing how it mounts. Once my trial setup holds for some tough duty, I can swap on the new sensor. Angles are way better on the links by changing the mounting bracket as opposed to changing the link length.
What upper control arms are you using? I did my custom ready lift arms for air ride and they don't hit at full droop anymore. sensors or the air shock.

clazer

Reaction score
What upper control arms are you using? I did my custom ready lift arms for air ride and they don't hit at full droop anymore. sensors or the air shock.

im running the mopar 2” lift UCAs, which I believe is the issue. They allow slightly more droop than stock and they aren’t “higher” like your ready lift arms.

Jordan3206

Reaction score
im running the mopar 2” lift UCAs, which I believe is the issue. They allow slightly more droop than stock and they aren’t “higher” like your ready lift arms.

The arms are lower profile too so they just have more clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread