5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension payload?

Daniel

Reaction score
If the trucks are spec'd exactly the same, there should be a 33lb reduction in payload on the truck with air suspension. (Due to the difference in weight between the truck with regular suspension and the truck with the 4 Corner Air Suspension.)
No the opposite you gain 70 pound of payload since air suspension are less heavy then coil spring

Daniel

Reaction score
No the opposite you gain 70 pound of payload since air suspension are less heavy then coil spring
and by the way my payload sticker is 1857 tow load 11400 ,Big horn quad cab level 2, 4 x 4, air sus, 3.92 with e lock diff , no bed liner regular front bench, no sun roof no side steps no ber liner

Attachments

• Payload sticker.jpg
    Payload sticker.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 26

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score

There's no way its lighter. Compressor, tanks, lines, etc, it's gotta be heavier than a steel spring truck that doens't have all that. Even if the strut assemblies were lighter than the comparable shock and spring assemblies, non-air trucks don't have the other stuff

Daniel

Reaction score
There's no way its lighter. Compressor, tanks, lines, etc, it's gotta be heavier than a steel spring truck that doens't have all that. Even if the strut assemblies were lighter than the comparable shock and spring assemblies, non-air trucks don't have the other stuff
I compared them at the dealer and it is lighter

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the 33lbs for the air suspension directly from Rams 2019 1500 fleet optional equipment weight spreadsheet. I don’t have a link but here’s a screen shot. It’s actualy 34lbs, my mistake.

Attachments

• 858F41A8-6EF1-4644-BC2D-2B634CA87078.png
    858F41A8-6EF1-4644-BC2D-2B634CA87078.png
    229.1 KB · Views: 34

Users who are viewing this thread