5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension payload?

Patpenrod

Reaction score
Ordered my 2019 1500 5.7 quad cab 4x4 with air suspension and ORP. All the charts I've found for payload and towing don't differentiate suspention types. Does the air suspension change the payload or towing capacity at all?

Patpenrod

Reaction score
No. Just levels the truck ànd changes height settings...entry/exit, aero, normal, off road 1 and 2

I know the functions of it, but I wasn't sure if the payload capacity was any different from the standard coil springs to air suspension.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Payload is a function of weight of the vehicle in relation to how much the components can support. You can't increase your payload unless you take something off the truck... springs/bags/blocks just level the back and don't add payload.

Jenks

Reaction score
Does anybody know the weight difference from coil to air as well as from offroad package to non offroad package?

Jenks

Reaction score
We have a whole payload thread in the towing section. @Zeronet did his best to get all the weights.

Check there for the info.

I read the whole thread. Dont recall a post specifically breaking down component/option weights. If so it would be nice if it was a sticky. Still trying to narrow down what options I can live without for payload needs. Contacting dealers for payload stickers has been a real pita!!

Jenks

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Any possiblity of a sticky with weights for each option?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought we did have one, we haven't talked much about them now that most have their sticker the discussion has changed to but i already have the trailer.

I will look for the info...maybe @Zeronet knows for sure, he did the homework.

Jenks

Reaction score
I thought we did have one, we haven't talked much about them now that most have their sticker the discussion has changed to but i already have the trailer.

I will look for the info...maybe @Zeronet knows for sure, he did the homework.
I already have the trailer just not the truck lol

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Any possiblity of a sticky with weights for each option?
I read the whole thread. Dont recall a post specifically breaking down component/option weights. If so it would be nice if it was a sticky. Still trying to narrow down what options I can live without for payload needs. Contacting dealers for payload stickers has been a real pita!!
Post #108 in that thread was the last one @Zeronet wrote breaking down the weights.

Daniel

Reaction score
Ordered my 2019 1500 5.7 quad cab 4x4 with air suspension and ORP. All the charts I've found for payload and towing don't differentiate suspention types. Does the air suspension change the payload or towing capacity at all?
Yes you get 70 pounds more of payload , i went to dealer and compared 2 turcks one with regular springs and the other with air suspension bolt with the same options

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes you get 70 pounds more of payload , i went to dealer and compared 2 turcks one with regular springs and the other with air suspension bolt with the same options

If the trucks are spec'd exactly the same, there should be a 33lb reduction in payload on the truck with air suspension. (Due to the difference in weight between the truck with regular suspension and the truck with the 4 Corner Air Suspension.)

slimchance

Reaction score
i hate to keep throwing zingers into discussions, BUT, i compared the window stickers for our 2019 Rams with the Build sheets and there are MAJOR differences and i do not mean between trks, i mean between window stickers and build sheets based on VIN for that trk .. SO, it is a little hard to shop dealers lots and compare options based on window sticker ... i tried doing this and i found it very frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread