5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension malfunction?

R.A.M

Reaction score
I've been able to drive on entry/exit mode a few times now. Is this something I should be concerned about? Here's a video.
Thank in advance!

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been able to drive on entry/exit mode a few times now. Is this something I should be concerned about? Here's a video.
Thank in advance!
Under certain conditions my air suspension doesn't return to normal. If I notice it I just hit the up. In entry it is just a rougher ride.

yellowboy

Reaction score
My truck sticks in EE since day 1 (over 2 years). I had it back to the dealer several times, they attempted to fix it and after they could not they said it's normal ? The odd thing is that it only sticks when I lower it with the fob but not on the dash. I have 10 months left on my warranty am wondering if it's worth fighting for. My main concern is what does it do to the tires driving it in that mode ?

Last edited:

R.A.M

Reaction score
My truck sticks in EE since day 1 (over 2 years). I had it back to the dealer several times, they attempted to fix it and after they could not they said it's normal ? The odd thing is that it only sticks when I lover it with the fob but not on the dash. I have 10 months left on my warranty am wondering if it's worth fighting for. My main concern is what does it do to the tires driving it in that mode ?
Yea mine only does it when I lower with fob too. But I can lift when I get it with the button. Does yours lift? It should not be "stuck" In EE. The ride is super bumpy like that

yellowboy

Reaction score
Yes it will lift manually and does automatically 80 percent of the time. I just wonder is the caster/camber out when it's in EE? I drove about 400 miles once in EE before I noticed it.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes it will lift manually and does automatically 80 percent of the time. I just wonder is the caster/camber out when it's in EE? I drove about 400 miles once in EE before I noticed it.
Yes, it is out. Front end geometry is fixed. I'm guessing RAM has the front end alignment dialed in somewhere between normal and aero mode height since aero gets a lot of highway miles.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine leaves EE around 10mph regardless of whether I lower it with the fob or the dash switch

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine has never stayed in EE regardless of how I put it in that mode. How is riding around on bump stops a feature? Please point out where that feature is listed in the owner's manual. The only thing the owner's manual says is that the truck will automatically go from EE to Normal mode when you exceed 15 mph. No mention of any difference between whether you use the fob or the button on the dash.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score

BowDown

Reaction score
If you lower it with the FOB it will stay in Entry Exit until you manually tell it to lift up. Its a feature not a bug.

Not true. I lower mine with the fob every time I wash it, when I drive away, it raises itself, the indicator on the evic actually says "raising"

BowDown

Reaction score
There's a dozen+ threads on it being so here

Seems like those were predominately all early builds, 19's and even some of those functioned normally.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not true. I lower mine with the fob every time I wash it, when I drive away, it raises itself, the indicator on the evic actually says "raising"
lower then drive off. if you let it sit until the ecm goes to sleep it resets.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like those were predominately all early builds, 19's and even some of those functioned normally.
that's just the oldest thead theres lots more.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
No one is disputing that some people have trucks with this issue. Nor are we arguing that there aren't any other threads about it. What we are disputing is the fact that you called this a feature. It is not normal behavior, and is certainly not a feature. It is most definitely a bug. Are you calling it a feature because someone who made the last thread you linked jokingly called it a feature?

R.A.M

Reaction score
No one is disputing that some people have trucks with this issue. Nor are we arguing that there aren't any other threads about it. What we are disputing is the fact that you called this a feature. It is not normal behavior, and is certainly not a feature. It is most definitely a bug. Are you calling it a feature because someone who made the last thread you linked jokingly called it a feature?
I agree, definitely not a "feature" even when I lower with key fob most of the time it will auto rise once speed is increased. I've only managed to do it a handful of times. And everytime I was messing with thr key fob right before. As I stated earlier. I've also been able to raise the truck from the Key fob. I don't think that was an intended feature either. I think my system is very glitchy.

yellowboy

Reaction score
My dealer was baffled how to fix this , they had no clue about this glitsch. I wrote it off a long time ago. "Misery" loves company" !

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Did you check your Aero settings?
Mine has Settings/Suspension/Aero you can turn Aero on or off. If off, it doesn't automatically go to Aero height.
In you press the info button it tells you that turning this on will automatically return to Aero height when you start driving.
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread