5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension malfunction?

yellowboy

Reaction score
The bottom line in reading all the threads and posts on this issue is no one has ever had it fixed. Shame on RAM again.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Truck of the year three years in a row and now JD Powers best in inital quality.... smells a lot like bull:poop:

R.A.M

Reaction score
Did you check your Aero settings?
Mine has Settings/Suspension/Aero you can turn Aero on or off. If off, it doesn't automatically go to Aero height.
In you press the info button it tells you that turning this on will automatically return to Aero height when you start driving.
Tom
Whether you have this feature on or off, truck will not allow you to drive in EE mode above the set speed limit.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Whether you have this feature on or off, truck will not allow you to drive in EE mode above the set speed limit.
This is incorrect. The truck will not prevent you from driving any speed the truck is capable of reaching if it doesn't automatically raise from EE mode on its own. Numerous videos and pictures prove this.

Last edited:

R.A.M

Reaction score
This is incorrect. The truck will not prevent you from driving any speed the truck is capable of reaching if it doesn't automatically raise from EE mode on its own. Numerous videos and pictures prove this.
Yes it will do exactly that. It comes up on my cluster "reduce speed to maintain ride height" also when in off road mode, it will tell you the same thing as you approach 20mph

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes it will do exactly that. It comes up on my cluster "reduce speed to maintain ride height" also when in off road mode, it will tell you the same thing as you approach 20mph
At what speed does that happen? You exceeded 45 mph in the video you posted, and that message wasn't displayed.

R.A.M

Reaction score
At what speed does that happen? You exceeded 45 mph in the video you posted, and that message wasn't displayed.
Yes, that's the point I was trying to make in the video and reason I started this thread. In the video it doesn't Raise. Hence the "malfunction" title. Anyway.

Sorry man, maybe I'm not being clear and didn't go about describing this properly from the get go. Give me a couple hours and I will post a video of the "ride height" msg.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes, that's the point I was trying to make in the video and reason I started this thread. In the video it doesn't Raise. Hence the "malfunction" title. Anyway.

Sorry man, maybe I'm not being clear and didn't go about describing this properly from the get go. Give me a couple hours and I will post a video of the "ride height" msg.
No worries, I believe you when you say there is a message. I was just wondering at what speed that message is displayed.

R.A.M

Reaction score
No worries, I believe you when you say there is a message. I was just wondering at what speed that message is displayed.
Looks like I was mistaken. There is no message. But regardless, It should lift automatically like it does here everytime

Last edited:

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The bottom line in reading all the threads and posts on this issue is no one has ever had it fixed. Shame on RAM again.
we don't want them to "fix" it. it is fine the way it is. power cycle the truck or hit the button. or don't lower the truck with the fob, lower it before you open the door when you park.

BowDown

Reaction score

You'll get thst message but the truck will not prevent you from going faster.
That's simply an informative warning that increasing speed will cause the truck to raise. It doesn't prevent an increase in speed

yellowboy

Reaction score
we don't want them to "fix" it. it is fine the way it is. power cycle the truck or hit the button. or don't lower the truck with the fob, lower it before you open the door when you park.
You either don't have this feature or don't know how to use it. The reason the lowering button is on the fob it's SO YOU CAN USE IT ON THE FOB. Not hard to figure that one out is it ? Anything that does not operate as designed - or ever will- is not "fine" - it shows a lack of quality control and customer service apathy by RAM.

CanRebel

Reaction score
My Rebel seems to be working fine so far. If I lower it with FOB or with button to exit mode.
It auto move to aero mode at about 20-25 KM. It will also lower to aero if you are driving too fast.
I turned that feature off.

In console settings, you can turn off messages and it will just warn you. I have messages on.
As I mentioned above I also turned off auto lower based on speed, off.

I keep mine almost always in Aero mode.
I have 2021 Rebel

R.A.M

Reaction score
You'll get thst message but the truck will not prevent you from going faster.
That's simply an informative warning that increasing speed will cause the truck to raise. It doesn't prevent an increase in speed
Nobody said it prevents you from going faster. It doesn't auto raise sometimes. Will stay on EE even if I'm going 100mph. I don't know why this is difficult for some to understand.

IT GETS STUCK IN EE sometimes and I have to push button myself to raise. It should auto rise every single time...regardless if it's been lowered by the keyfob..the button or fairys.

BowDown

Reaction score

Nobody said it prevents you from going faster. It doesn't auto raise sometimes. Will stay on EE even if I'm going 100mph. I don't know why this is difficult for some to understand.

IT GETS STUCK IN EE sometimes and I have to push button myself to raise. It should auto rise every single time...regardless if it's been lowered by the keyfob..the button or fairys.

umm

Users who are viewing this thread