5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air suspension malfunction?

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sometimes mine raises automatically and sometimes it doesn't. I just use that little switch thinky and do it myself. I refuse to watch Days of Our Lives because the remote is broken, and just take matters into my own hands.
There is a joke in there, but I'll let it go😁

CanRebel

Reaction score
My Guess for at least some of them. It's software issue. Since if it works when you press button.
Software is doing many things, and they likely didn't add enough code to keep checking speed and air, so if it misses that speed.
It doesn't check again.

As I mentioned mine is currently working. If we knew firmware/software version running on someone with issue and what mine was.
Might give have idea if that is actually the issue or not.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody said it prevents you from going faster. It doesn't auto raise sometimes. Will stay on EE even if I'm going 100mph. I don't know why this is difficult for some to understand.
You did say it prevents you from going faster. Remember this post?...
Whether you have this feature on or off, truck will not allow you to drive in EE mode above the set speed limit.

yellowboy

Reaction score
Sometimes mine raises automatically and sometimes it doesn't. I just use that little switch thinky and do it myself. I refuse to watch Days of Our Lives because the remote is broken, and just take matters into my own hands.
There is a joke in there, but I'll let it go😁
I would say this one is more like "As The World Turns " !

yellowboy

Reaction score
Just to show how no one seems to understand how this feature (sometimes) works here is what my dealer gave me. After they farted around with my truck for 2 hours the second time I brought it in for this they handed me a piece of paper and said " here - look at this - it's working properly..." . This information has nothing to do what we are talking about. I knew then it was time to give up and move on to the next issue.

Attachments

• Air Suspension.jpg
    Air Suspension.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 19

CanRebel

Reaction score
Interesting paper. as you mentioned it's unrelated to the issue.

I had problem with my truck with dash lights. Until mech. at dealer actually seen what was happening.
They were telling me it was 'feature', new law.
They finally removed the switch, oh it is broken :)

R.A.M

Reaction score
Interesting paper. as you mentioned it's unrelated to the issue.

I had problem with my truck with dash lights. Until mech. at dealer actually seen what was happening.
They were telling me it was 'feature', new law.
They finally removed the switch, oh it is broken :)
Yea you're right, kinda stuff we already know. Still doesn't address why I am able to drive the truck at 60mph in EE mode.

Users who are viewing this thread