5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension Leveling Kit - Ready lift Vs. Revel Performance (Air Links / Spacer)

Josh24

Reaction score
Can anyone who has ran these kits comments on their experiences? It appears most people with air ride are going with the Revel Performance Airlinks and Spacers.

My local dealership claims to have installed the Ready lift Kit often (1.5'' Leveling Kit With Tubular Upper Control Arms Air Ride Equipped) and say it is the best way to go in terms of ride quality / comfort. They don't have any experience at all with the Revel Performance Kit. After making a decision on the level, I'm also considering the following tire options (Toyo AT3 285/55/22) or going down to a 20 inch aftermarket wheel and running either the Falken Wildpeak At3 285/65/20 or the Toyo AT3 in the same size.

Specifically interested in the level / tire set up that everyone has chosen and what you think of it. I'm trying to retain as much of the factory ride quality as possible which may or may not be easily accomplished with going this direction.

Thanks in advance for any feedback / suggestions / experience with those that have leveled a truck with air ride.

clazer

Reaction score
In order to lift an air ride truck, you either need a shorter front sensor link or a relocated sensor bracket. I believe ready lift is the bracket type, which works fine. There’s no ride comfort difference between changing link length or moving the bracket. All that matters is N2 pressure/ride height. Revel can be adjusted. The ready lift bracket is what it is, no adjusting.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m doing the Airlinks front and rear to level. I’ll report back in a bit. This site has so much conflicting info it’s hard to decide on what’s best.

TyH2009

Reaction score
I have the Readylift 1.5” level kit for the front. No complaints, shop that installed it had no complaints. i did feel that the truck rides a bit rougher now, but part of it could be the tires that were installed at the same time. I didn’t do anything in the rear initially, but I ended up doing the revel links in the rear to raise it about .5” as I felt the level in the front alone made it slightly nose high. The links were very easy to install and adjust.

Josh24

Reaction score
Ty, thanks for the feedback. The truck I have on order looks nearly identical to the one you have so great choice. That set up looks awesome. If you could do it over again would you go back to stock ride height and tires to regain the factory ride quality? Or is it not significantly different?

I've always put a level and 33's on my trucks but this will the first one with air suspension.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m doing the Airlinks front and rear to level. I’ll report back in a bit. This site has so much conflicting info it’s hard to decide on what’s best.
Well I just installed the AIRLINKS front and rear kit and I’m having issues. It will not allow me to utilize entry exit and gives me payload message on the dash when I cycle through the ride heights. I followed the directions to the “T” and also did the trouble shooting recommended but no luck. The level is still not what I thought it would be. The rake is still pretty noticeable. ( installed just the links no spacers ) also if I try to ride in off road 2 or 1 it’s bounces like a low rider.

********* update 1/29/23***********

Tried to put the truck in entry exit and it freaked out. Thankfully a drive around the block it fixed itself

Attachments

• 11FA2D7D-F800-4325-874C-36D35D38C679.jpeg
    11FA2D7D-F800-4325-874C-36D35D38C679.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 297
  • A2AF3262-49DB-4FAB-877A-F3D5FEF0FCFE.jpeg
    A2AF3262-49DB-4FAB-877A-F3D5FEF0FCFE.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:

TyH2009

Reaction score
Ty, thanks for the feedback. The truck I have on order looks nearly identical to the one you have so great choice. That set up looks awesome. If you could do it over again would you go back to stock ride height and tires to regain the factory ride quality? Or is it not significantly different?

I've always put a level and 33's on my trucks but this will the first one with air suspension.
I would for sure do it again. It’s not that drastic of a difference from stock, but my dad has a 22 Limited as well and I notice a difference between the 2, but now I hate driving his cuz it feels so low to the ground and car-like. Haha.

My only regret is I wish I went a bit taller on tire to maybe a 34, or close to a 35, these tires every once in a while just look a tad small to me. They measure out to a 32.80” I believe.

Josh24

Reaction score
Sweet setup!! Thanks for sharing and I agree the level / tires give a little extra ride height that is totally worth it. Man this has got me even more excited for the new Limited to arrive. Went with granite as well and those pictures solidified the decision x10!

For tires I’m torn between the 305/45/22 vs a 285/55/22. Trying to stay in a SL 4 ply which is possible in the 305 but jumping to the 285/55/22 puts you you in a 10 ply which I feel like I may regret if it kills the ride.

Sportznut

Reaction score
I did just the front links (Edgy Mods).

Install was simple and fast,
but it killed the factory ride.

I took them off and went back to stock right away.

I am contemplating doing the Daystar spacers combined with the front links. I'm not really sure why you need to change the links if you put the spacers in?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did just the front links (Edgy Mods).

Install was simple and fast,
but it killed the factory ride.

I took them off and went back to stock right away.

I am contemplating doing the Daystar spacers combined with the front links. I'm not really sure why you need to change the links if you put the spacers in?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I agree I might go the same route

Josh24

Reaction score
I would for sure do it again. It’s not that drastic of a difference from stock, but my dad has a 22 Limited as well and I notice a difference between the 2, but now I hate driving his cuz it feels so low to the ground and car-like. Haha.

My only regret is I wish I went a bit taller on tire to maybe a 34, or close to a 35, these tires every once in a while just look a tad small to me. They measure out to a 32.80” I believe.
If you could do it again would you try a 305/55/22? Basically a 35/12.50/22 but the Recon Grappler comes in a standard load in that size. I’ve been really thinking about ordering these but not sure if they would fit in stock wheels. Looks like it would be just adding 2 inches in diameter to the 305/45/22. Thoughts?

TyH2009

Reaction score
If you could do it again would you try a 305/55/22? Basically a 35/12.50/22 but the Recon Grappler comes in a standard load in that size. I’ve been really thinking about ordering these but not sure if they would fit in stock wheels. Looks like it would be just adding 2 inches in diameter to the 305/45/22. Thoughts?
That’s a 35.24” tall tire, no way would that fit imo on a truck with just a leveling kit, 285/55/22 is a 34.37” tall tire, which I think would be much more manageable. I think that’s why I didn’t go with it. If there was a 305/50/22, maybe.

Josh24

Reaction score
I thought the same thing initially but looks like there’s a few people on here running the 35/12.50/22 on stock wheels with just a level. The guy at revel performance told me it would work also. Gone back and forth on this for awhile and thinking about getting them mounted just to see.

HernandoBeachRam

Reaction score
I have the Readylift 1.5” level kit for the front. No complaints, shop that installed it had no complaints. i did feel that the truck rides a bit rougher now, but part of it could be the tires that were installed at the same time. I didn’t do anything in the rear initially, but I ended up doing the revel links in the rear to raise it about .5” as I felt the level in the front alone made it slightly nose high. The links were very easy to install and adjust.
Ty,
Thanks for all the info. I just got a new ‘22 Laramie Night Edition with air suspension and the 22” wheels. I am almost certain the 305/45/22 Nittos will fit without leveling it at all. What do you think looking at yours? Also, I had the 2” front Revel Links on my ‘19 model Big Horn (still pictured) and got a set of factory night edition 20” wheels with **** Cepek EXP in LT 275/65/20 which measured out at 34x11 and they fit nicely. Unfortunately, those tires don’t come in a 22 inch, so I’m going with the Nitto’s.

TyH2009

Reaction score
Ty,
Thanks for all the info. I just got a new ‘22 Laramie Night Edition with air suspension and the 22” wheels. I am almost certain the 305/45/22 Nittos will fit without leveling it at all. What do you think looking at yours? Also, I had the 2” front Revel Links on my ‘19 model Big Horn (still pictured) and got a set of factory night edition 20” wheels with **** Cepek EXP in LT 275/65/20 which measured out at 34x11 and they fit nicely. Unfortunately, those tires don’t come in a 22 inch, so I’m going with the Nitto’s.
I think they will fit, iirc I’ve seen lots of other people on the factory air setup run 305/45/22 and have no issues, with a level there is a ton of extra room. 305/45/22 is only like .7 inches taller than stock, and the width really isn’t much to be worried about IMO.

Josh24

Reaction score
Ty,

Do you happen to remember the measurements of the Ready Lift 1.5" spacer? Was it really 1.5" or under that? I ended up ordering the Daystar spacer with links / UCA's and was wondering if the spacers between the two kits are actually the same dimensions. The daystar measures to 1.5" exactly right out out of the box.

lawmann8

Reaction score
Can anyone who has ran these kits comments on their experiences? It appears most people with air ride are going with the Revel Performance Airlinks and Spacers.

My local dealership claims to have installed the Ready lift Kit often (1.5'' Leveling Kit With Tubular Upper Control Arms Air Ride Equipped) and say it is the best way to go in terms of ride quality / comfort. They don't have any experience at all with the Revel Performance Kit. After making a decision on the level, I'm also considering the following tire options (Toyo AT3 285/55/22) or going down to a 20 inch aftermarket wheel and running either the Falken Wildpeak At3 285/65/20 or the Toyo AT3 in the same size.

Specifically interested in the level / tire set up that everyone has chosen and what you think of it. I'm trying to retain as much of the factory ride quality as possible which may or may not be easily accomplished with going this direction.

Thanks in advance for any feedback / suggestions / experience with those that have leveled a truck with air ride.
I have used the Rough Country Leveling Links and found that the links provide a really good stance, but you lose the level 1 and 2 Off-Road modes, and the ride is stiffer. I recently had the Ready-Lift 1.5" Leveling Kit #66-19150 installed and couldn't be happier. My Ram 1500 now has a great stance and I have the use of all 5 factory ride levels and great ride. IMG_1953.JPG IMG_1952.JPG

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have used the Rough Country Leveling Links and found that the links provide a really good stance, but you lose the level 1 and 2 Off-Road modes, and the ride is stiffer. I recently had the Ready-Lift 1.5" Leveling Kit #66-19150 installed and couldn't be happier. My Ram 1500 now has a great stance and I have the use of all 5 factory ride levels and great ride. View attachment 152846 View attachment 152848
That looks good I didn’t know that kit was a choice. Thanks for sharing what is your tire/wheel setup?

Users who are viewing this thread