5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension Level - ReadyLift 1.5inch

Domt1775

Reaction score
Looking for anyone who has installed the ready lift 1.5inch air suspension level, would love to see pics of your setups and experiences! Very surprised that I have only seen one other thread on here that mentions these leveling kits for the air ride. It is sold out online so I know there's people buying them. Trying to decide between that or the revel/daystar/aftermarket UCAs..just seems easier to go the Readylift route. Thanks!

Personally thinking about going with some 285/55/r22s on the 1.5 in Readylift

dc51786

Reaction score
I just bought a 2022 Limited this week with the air suspension and also want to level. Curious what people have done...

Domt1775

Reaction score
I just bought a 2022 Limited this week with the air suspension and also want to level. Curious what people have done...
First of all, congrats on the truck! I have a 21 limited myself. As you sort through the forum you will see the most popular solution to level the air suspension is the revel links. The revel links alone will cause a much stiffer ride so many add in the daystar spacers bringing the ride back to stock. Then there comes the concern of UCA stress..is this a legitimate concern? I don't know but I would rather do it right the first time on a $75k truck.

Due to the limited data, I went with the Revel Performance Advanced Lift Kit. It is seemingly their new solution to all of the previous concerns with respect to UCA stress and stiff ride. This kit includes new UCAs to accommodate any added stress, daystar spacers, and of course the links. After level install I am going to throw on some 285/55/22 Toyo AT3s. Contemplated going with a 20 inch fuel rebel wheel but I love the ceramic coated night edition stock wheels.

BMRAMAU

Reaction score
First of all, congrats on the truck! I have a 21 limited myself. As you sort through the forum you will see the most popular solution to level the air suspension is the revel links. The revel links alone will cause a much stiffer ride so many add in the daystar spacers bringing the ride back to stock. Then there comes the concern of UCA stress..is this a legitimate concern? I don't know but I would rather do it right the first time on a $75k truck.

Due to the limited data, I went with the Revel Performance Advanced Lift Kit. It is seemingly their new solution to all of the previous concerns with respect to UCA stress and stiff ride. This kit includes new UCAs to accommodate any added stress, daystar spacers, and of course the links. After level install I am going to throw on some 285/55/22 Toyo AT3s. Contemplated going with a 20 inch fuel rebel wheel but I love the ceramic coated night edition stock wheels.

I didn’t even know they had UCA’s what brand are they?

Domt1775

Reaction score
I didn’t even know they had UCA’s what brand are they?
Not sure, this is a brand new package. Only available for pre-order right now. Kit only says
  • "Improved UCA for better ball joint articulation"

bobgnarley

Reaction score
I ordered the setup, which sells at a reasonable price of $529. (It's not yet shipping, so I'm in the holding pattern.) My truck is an asphalt queen, and I'm not concerned with a heavy-duty UCA. The Revel links create the trade-off between appearance and comfort, and any attempt to achieve a level with links alone would result in an uncomfortable ride.

And I'm not looking for a pure level per se; I'm a firm believer in rake (the engineers apply it for a good reason), but the delta in the fender gap between the front and rear wheel wells is a straight-up eyesore. Of the trucks I've seen with the Daystar spacer in combination with the Revel links, the front appears "too lifted" in comparison with the rear, which makes a 1.5" level over the factory ride height seem "just right."

I'll do a complete write-up with photos and all the nerdy details when mine arrives, and I have a chance to install it on the truck.

bobgnarley

Reaction score
Also worth mentioning, I own a Rebel, which adds some complexity to the leveling calculus. My objective is to have the back sit 1/2" to 1" higher than the front. I already have the front and rear Revel links to fine-tune the stance once I've installed the spacers and UCAs.

While not air suspension-specific, please see Carli's write-up on their challenges to achieve a balanced and visually appealing level with the Rebel – https://carlisuspension.com/2019-ram-1500-rebel/

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Factory rake is easily achieved with the rear links as you can see here. This is at highest setting. You will stiffen up the rear a little in the rear adding height however it was more noticeable with the factory tire set up but after going with the 35 really didn’t notice. This set up has the Mopar off road UCA and has been great off road . The best part is on the hwy in earo mode the front angles are very good so really best of both worlds. Good luck
on side note Duratrac 35 tires in these pics changed to Nitto 35 as Duratracs never balanced up Nitto we’re perfect and are a better tire in my opinion.
C19CC33E-A059-460E-8CE9-D3EC9EECE111.jpeg 01F60D8D-BCE7-4245-92B4-B7E5AD657E8E.jpeg 1B2F3823-03C2-45E9-A190-905254FE0385.jpeg

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
I'm interested in this as well. Specifically the UCAs. I already have the daystar spacers and the revel links. Specifically though, the problem i'm having with my current setup is that the inside of the UCA makes contact with the shock body and the side of the UCA makes contact with the air ride sensor at full droop. I'm curious to see if the readylift UCAs resolve that issue?

Also curious how this installs as the picture on readylift's website looks like it changes the mounting location of the top studs but the shock body doesn't/can't rotate.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm getting the 1.5 kit on my Limited in a couple of weeks, will report back. Thinking I want about 1/2 inch of rake as well.

dc51786

Reaction score
XiaPHfBaTPmWXCyOYXlDEw.jpeg 7JxVdm2YRdq4OcKJh2dkNA.jpeg

Update: had a leveling kit added to my air ride suspension, moved up to 285/55/r22 nitto ridge grapplers with the wheels that come on the truck, also added 1.5" spacers. Rides great and looks so much tougher. Couldn't be happier.

BMRAMAU

Reaction score
View attachment 119471 View attachment 119472

Update: had a leveling kit added to my air ride suspension, moved up to 285/55/r22 nitto ridge grapplers with the wheels that come on the truck, also added 1.5" spacers. Rides great and looks so much tougher. Couldn't be happier.

Happy with quality of gear?
Any side on pics in normal mode?
Can you still see front down a little?

dc51786

Reaction score
285/55r22 is an LT tire right? How are they compared to XL/stock?
yes it is an lt. ive been very impressed so far, a week in. live in charlotte nc where we dont salt roads and luckily got this on right before the rare snowstorm. outperformed my expectations. also on clear roads, quieter on the highway than the nitto grappler g2's i had on my prior truck

dc51786

Reaction score
Happy with quality of gear?
Any side on pics in normal mode?
Can you still see front down a little?
have had no issues w gear so happy there.
the pics i sent are actually at normal ride height, ill try to grab some otehrs when it isnt raining :)
i havent put a level to it, not sure if its technically front down or not - but it feels pretty d*** level, wouldnt guess up or down

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yes it is an lt. ive been very impressed so far, a week in. live in charlotte nc where we dont salt roads and luckily got this on right before the rare snowstorm. outperformed my expectations. also on clear roads, quieter on the highway than the nitto grappler g2's i had on my prior truck
How about the overall ride comfort? Feel like LT is overkill for my purposes but I've heard everything from "just air them down a bit and the ride is about the same, maybe better!", to "totally screws up Ram's famously smooth ride, potholes feel like kidney punches and even smooth roads are stiff and bumpy".

Users who are viewing this thread