5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Ride with DAYSTAR and REVEL Links!

19TXLimited

Reaction score
The factory arms on the air ride will impact the air strut before the ball joint will bind. Thats why im looking at an aftermarket alternative. The Mopar UCA will not solve this.

Thanks! Suspension is definitely not my most knowledgeable area for vehicles. All the help is always appreciated though. Let us all know when you find a solution.

Are we thinking that there will be any issues with normal driving conditions and anything breaking sensors when combining Daystar spacers and links?

Jordan3206

Reaction score
Thanks! Suspension is definitely not my most knowledgeable area for vehicles. All the help is always appreciated though. Let us all know when you find a solution.

Are we thinking that there will be any issues with normal driving conditions and anything breaking sensors when combining Daystar spacers and links?
No, they literally cannot come into contact with the factory UCA.

fflis

Reaction score
Hey guys just a clarification. I just got the daystar spacer and revel links. I was expecting the spacer to be more like 2”, but it’s closer to a 1” spacer.

What sort of lift are you getting out of the kit? Are you actually level?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clazer

Reaction score
Hey guys just a clarification. I just got the daystar spacer and revel links. I was expecting the spacer to be more like 2”, but it’s closer to a 1” spacer.

Are you talking about the actual thickness of the spacer? Imagine a triangle: the distance between the lines at half the distance (where the spacers are) is half the distance at the end (where the wheels and tires are).

fflis

Reaction score
Are you talking about the actual thickness of the spacer? Imagine a triangle: the distance between the lines at half the distance (where the spacers are) is half the distance at the end (where the wheels and tires are).

I’m not sure I’m following lol. But yes was referring to the thickness of the spacer.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m not sure I’m following lol. But yes was referring to the thickness of the spacer.

So basically the thickness of the puck creates an even bigger lift due to geometry. I think it ends up being close to a 2” level with the puck and we can get the last half inch with the links set at about 2.25” from what I remember

Samson75

Reaction score
I think its actually the upper control arm impacting the air strut now. Researching aftermarket UCA's and installing the ball fitting into one.
I found my issue. It was the sway bar link. It seems that when you retain it, you need to use two wrenches want to counter sink that external nut as you tighten up the internal one that’s how they get away without using a Lock nut . At first I thought UCA as well but then I realized why would only do it on one side!?

Jordan3206

Reaction score

It will give 2" if your links are configured properly.

Jordan3206

Reaction score
I found my issue. It was the sway bar link. It seems that when you retain it, you need to use two wrenches want to counter sink that external nut as you tighten up the internal one that’s how they get away without using a Lock nut . At first I thought UCA as well but then I realized why would only do it on one side!?
I assume the top link? Was it happening all the time? Mine is usually only when the suspension drops on a specific driveway.

Samson75

Reaction score
I assume the top link? Was it happening all the time? Mine is usually only when the suspension drops on a specific driveway.
Yes, stupid top link is horizontal and in weird spot. But once the suspension was loaded (not on jacks) I loosened the nut and retorqued . Seems good now .

Jordan3206

Reaction score
Yes, stupid top link is horizontal and in weird spot. But once the suspension was loaded (not on jacks) I loosened the nut and retorqued . Seems good now .
What size are they? Its definitely in a difficult spot.

fflis

Reaction score
Okkkkkkkkkkkkk, because I didn't find all the info i needed to do this I'm sharing my experience as I just completed this last night. Yes it works. Factory ride has been restored. Only once concern.

1.Drop the truck to aero to conserve as much nitrogen as possible and disconnect the battery. Electronic PS systems are sensitive.
2. You only need to drop the UCA BJ, sway bar at the frame, tie rod end, and all bolts attached to the strut. With these removed the strut easily comes out. The air line will leak when you remove it. Don't use a pickle fork. The tie rod fell out on mine and the UCA popped out with a few 3lb hammer blows to the spindle.
3. I Trimmed 1/4" off my strut studs. I believe this is needed to make sure the strut extensions sit flush and don't impact the strut hoop causing noise.
4. As far as the UCA. With the strut removed i reinstalled the UCA to the spindle and the UCA is going to smash the air ride sensor and the air strut before it binds at the BJ. The MOPAR UCA is not needed. However, know that if you go full extension you are probably going to damage that sensor depending on how great the impact. This could potentially be solved with a relocation bracket for the sensor or maybe limiting straps.

Alignment in a few days. Will update after.

Hey thanks for the info here. I just got my daystar spacer and links installed. I confirmed with the mechanic that installed mine that he did need to trim the strut studs as stated here.

Also confirming for those wondering that the kit does work on 2WD. I’ll send the info to revel and hopefully they can adjust their instructions.

Mine is sitting about 41 fender to ground in the rear and 40.25 in the front. So I’ve got just the smallest bit of rake still. I might adjust it some more, but I figure I’ll let everything settle and see how it is in 1000 miles.

Fuel Nutz 20x9 wheels with 285/65/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

dac74732365d0e0c64f0c1de565a390e.jpg
1d0b3e277677f424b486b3aa51f7434c.jpg
64851d5e03ef3fd46fd9e2849f4637fc.jpg
45bbf1cc24666517091f2a2fc0fcdf80.jpg

Jordan3206

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the info here. I just got my daystar spacer and links installed. I confirmed with the mechanic that installed mine that he did need to trim the strut studs as stated here.

Also confirming for those wondering that the kit does work on 2WD. I’ll send the info to revel and hopefully they can adjust their instructions.

Mine is sitting about 41 fender to ground in the rear and 40.25 in the front. So I’ve got just the smallest bit of rake still. I might adjust it some more, but I figure I’ll let everything settle and see how it is in 1000 miles.

Fuel Nutz 20x9 wheels with 285/65/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Nice.... How much fender clearance do you have have on the front fender on the rear of the tire with that tire size? Pics would be great. I am working on making the readylift upper control arms work for the air ride right now btw.

fflis

Reaction score
Nice.... How much fender clearance do you have have on the front fender on the rear of the tire with that tire size? Pics would be great. I am working on making the readylift upper control arms work for the air ride right now btw.

It’s close, but it doesn’t rub. It’s mostly just getting past the first piece, at full lock they have a bit more space.

4af36c37127809337472fb4f71487073.jpg
fe569f0c814d1a2c2d92c43a8ec3ab7f.jpg

Samson75

Reaction score

What kit did you get?

theDaystar KC09113BK
is definitely 2.5 inch.

Samson75

Reaction score
I think that’s it. The one they sell on the revel website

??? That’s weird. I didn’t measure mine ( shown below ) but they were definitely way bigger then 1”

85af0599e987f2216488c7968fb76243.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread