5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air conditioning performance

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Been sitting in my truck with it running for over an hour trying to cool it down enough so CarPlay will turn on. Outside Temp is 99. Truck thinks it is 129 degrees. Vents are around 60ish. Lowest I could get it to read is 58°. I hate this truck.

89593c13950ea84fb04c2c67baae9d55.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Been sitting in my truck with it running for over an hour trying to cool it down enough so CarPlay will turn on. Outside Temp is 99. Truck thinks it is 129 degrees. Vents are around 60ish. Lowest I could get it to read is 58°. I hate this truck.

Do the ac clamp hack and enjoy the cold air like it was meant to be.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
The AC is not the best especially at idle.

Agreed. It works best while driving. Every time they come up with a new refrigerant, they make this worse.

If I had not had warranty remaining, i would still have the AC hack installed.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Do the ac clamp hack and enjoy the cold air like it was meant to be.

Is that the Muzzy thing? If so I just ordered and will be here on Sunday. As well as a new K&N Cabin Filter.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The exterior temp sensor is in the driver side mirror...

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

If it really sucks that bad, you know what to do with it...

Synergy26

Reaction score

Get the TSB done, it works. And make sure you have new high flow air filter some restrict flow to much. I would recommend the k&N cabin filter

Last edited:

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
tsb didnt fix mine. The ac hack was a game changer for me in florida though

I ordered the Muzzy AC hack and have it sitting here but dropping it off at the dealer on Wednesday so going to wait to see what updates they apply be for I install it.

Also wanted to say that I swapped out my cabin filter the other day for a K&N and that alone made a HUGE difference. I was blown away by how much the airflow increased (pun intended). I highly recommend it to anyone that doesn’t have one. Totally worth the $40 bucks. Going to order one for my wife’s minivan now.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I ordered the Muzzy AC hack and have it sitting here but dropping it off at the dealer on Wednesday so going to wait to see what updates they apply be for I install it.

Also wanted to say that I swapped out my cabin filter the other day for a K&N and that alone made a HUGE difference. I was blown away by how much the airflow increased (pun intended). I highly recommend it to anyone that doesn’t have one. Totally worth the $40 bucks. Going to order one for my wife’s minivan now.
Push for the TSB. It is definitely worth it. I haven’t had my hack installed since. It worked well, but sometimes I want to use the defroster

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
tsb didnt fix mine. The ac hack was a game changer for me in florida though
My AC works pretty good, do you think that hack could make it work ever better or does my truck not have the problem other folks have? it's a 2022

Do you have the part number for the cabin air filter?
I removed my OEM one today at 3k miles and I realized it doesn't even seal.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
My AC works pretty good, do you think that hack could make it work ever better or does my truck not have the problem other folks have? it's a 2022

2022 should not have the defect. The hack will just make it colder.

U

User_3336

My 22 has great A/C performance. I would not want it any colder. I am glad they finally figured the issue out, and implemented the fix in the newer models (? 22+)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score

This is the one I ordered.

K&N Premium Cabin Air Filter: High Performance, Washable, Clean Airflow to your Cabin: Designed for Select 2019 DODGE RAM (1500, 2500, 3500) Vehicle Models, VF2065 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GSY1NKW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HMEKHZ812DXNXN6MM33N?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Users who are viewing this thread