5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air conditioning performance

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This weekend here in the northeast it was 95+ both sat and Sunday. Had difference between the charger and ram.

I personally feel that it just takes a lot longer with the enormous amount of room in the ram to cool it down. In my 6 year old Charger i felt the ac blowing cold air (just like in the ram) but since the windows are smaller and less room, it got a lot cooler in a shorter alot of time.

I’ve only tinted the front driver and passenger windows. Haven’t tinted my sunroof and rear windows so that might help.

2022 Ram 1500 Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (wife)

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My truck gets seriously heat-soaked during the day at work.
I park in front of a south facing metal building on black-top, the heat is brutal.
By the time I hit my mailbox after 3.6 mile commute, the AC is finally catching up... can`t complain. YMMV.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
My truck gets seriously heat-soaked during the day at work.
I park in front of a south facing metal building on black-top, the heat is brutal.
By the time I hit my mailbox after 3.6 mile commute, the AC is finally catching up... can`t complain. YMMV.
get your windows ceramic coated it will cool down in a mile.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I find the r1234yf refrigerant doesn’t work very well at idle, once you drive for a bit it really cools down.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those who have done ceramic coating for heat reduction, did you do just the front windows? Windshield?
Front windows, windshield was too risky due to possible damage to the BCM and I wear polarized sunglasses that tend to cause rainbow colors with the tint.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can’t remember what mine were after the TSB. In the 40’s I think. I took my thermometer out of the vent after the TSB.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
I'm taking my truck into the dealer tomorrow for the TSB. Fingers crossed they don't BS me. This will be my third attempt. First on was before the TSB so they told me to kick rocks. Second, they said my coolant was low and if the performance didn't improve after being topped off I could try a third time. Anyway, I have the TSB printed out so I can hand it to them and say the bullet point issues are exactly what I'm experiencing. Wish me luck! 🤣

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm taking my truck into the dealer tomorrow for the TSB. Fingers crossed they don't BS me. This will be my third attempt. First on was before the TSB so they told me to kick rocks. Second, they said my coolant was low and if the performance didn't improve after being topped off I could try a third time. Anyway, I have the TSB printed out so I can hand it to them and say the bullet point issues are exactly what I'm experiencing. Wish me luck! 🤣
I brought the TSB with me as well. Hopefully they will do it and not screw up your dash. Good luck!

Ickabod

Reaction score
I brought the TSB with me as well. Hopefully they will do it and not screw up your dash. Good luck!
That was my fear. I don't want some 18 year old newbie tearing apart my dash. I will just use the A/C hack and be happy with the performance of it. Only takes me 5 seconds to switch it off in the Fall.

Users who are viewing this thread