5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air conditioning performance

X_KALIBR

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one. The passenger air is colder than the driver side!

Just saw the post above with the TSB. I hope that applies to all trucks and not certain years like the damn clunk.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought I was the only one. The passenger air is colder than the driver side!

Just saw the post above with the TSB. I hope that applies to all trucks and not certain years like the **** clunk.

All of the TSB's and recalls are associated with specific build date ranges. That's how they work.

Gsmith223

Reaction score
I tested mine a more and found that the passenger side is about 10 degrees colder than the driver side.
Mine is at the dealership now, hopefully the get it figured out. I will let you guys know

JDBob35a

Reaction score
Keep us posted Gsmith223, after this weekend of Hot humid weather, something gotta give on this A/C system. 65K truck that wont' cool off is ridiculous.
After making a few runs yesterday morning in the RAM and the a/c not cooling very good, i went out and got my old Ford to do some stuff in the afternoon, it blows ice cubes.

Lawman

Reaction score
Keep us posted Gsmith223, after this weekend of Hot humid weather, something gotta give on this A/C system. 65K truck that wont' cool off is ridiculous.
After making a few runs yesterday morning in the RAM and the a/c not cooling very good, i went out and got my old Ford to do some stuff in the afternoon, it blows ice cubes.
Same for me...Have changes been made to the newer AC systems that make them less efficient than the older ones?

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same for me...Have changes been made to the newer AC systems that make them less efficient than the older ones?
Some are suggesting possible blend door issues with the 2019s. But apparently some folks have properly functioning AC. Wish I did. :)

hammer722

Reaction score
Weather was warm enough this weekend to really test out the AC on the Rebel I picked up just over a week ago (early build). Well, the AC "works" but my old Toyota Corolla definitely pushed out colder air. Haven't paid attention the to the driver/passenger difference you guys have pointed out. I'll have to take a look at that today.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weather was warm enough this weekend to really test out the AC on the Rebel I picked up just over a week ago (early build). Well, the AC "works" but my old Toyota Corolla definitely pushed out colder air. Haven't paid attention the to the driver/passenger difference you guys have pointed out. I'll have to take a look at that today.
Best way to test it is with a small HVAC thermometer that you can slide into the vents to get a reading of how cold the vents blow out the vents. Let us know what you discover.

Gsmith223

Reaction score
Well the dealer said it was good and the TSB was applied. Upon pick up I stuck the probe in the AC vents and still 60 on one side and 50 on the other :(. No good leaving it here till it’s fixed

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well the dealer said it was good and the TSB was applied. Upon pick up I stuck the probe in the AC vents and still 60 on one side and 50 on the other :(. No good leaving it here till it’s fixed
Apparently the TSB doesn't fix the issue that many of us are having.

Lawman

Reaction score
Gsmith keep us posted please..I would still like to have my truck but only if this can be corrected...Thanks..

Gsmith223

Reaction score
Makes no sense does it?
Well I think something is wrong in the air box. Might just need the doors calibrated. But who knows I am tired of it. I have had 5-6 different issue on a truck thats less than 7 months old.
I have videos but cant upload them here

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I think something is wrong in the air box. Might just need the doors calibrated. But who knows I am tired of it. I have had 5-6 different issue on a truck thats less than 7 months old.
I have videos but cant upload them here
I know all brands have their issues, but Truck of the Year with crappy AC? Come on.

M

MJB4450

in fact any type of A/C is not a necessity....its a luxury. We've grown accustomed to have this luxury so we perceive it as a "necessity". Does your vehicle have an engine? That's a necessity. If you had no A/C can your vehicle still move you from point A to B? Yes? Then that's a luxury.

Do I agree with you that I also perceive A/C as a necessity? Absolutely!!! Is it? No.
It's 109 degrees here today in the shade, which there is not much of. A car's interior gets between 120-140 depending on if the windows are open or not. Driving without A/C with the windows open is like standing in front of a hairdryer on full hot. You can get dangerously dehydrated very quickly. That's pretty close to A/C being a necessity.

Users who are viewing this thread