5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air conditioning Hack

Differia

Reaction score
Some peoples comfort levels are more tolerant than others. Most temperatures being posted show poor performance however.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
300000 and again you are implying that I don’t know that my a/ c is broke. Sorry again you have this issue but if as many out there are working right then it is not a figment of someone’s imagination. It just means they did not get yours right and it can be fixed.
So what is the fix?

U

User_3336

This thread is getting out of hand. If you're replying in the thread for the first time, have you read all 23 pages and 400+ posts FIRST before asking questions already addresses or pursuing an argument? :-\

If your a/c sucks, take it to the dealer, do the "hack", trade the vehicle, or simply live with it and stop bitching.

timtlu

Reaction score
This thread has literally become a one man sounding board for the most part.

Here's what I opened the door into today after the truck baking in the sun for the better part of 5 hours.

1 minute of windows down to let heat escape. Dropped auto to 63 with recirculate on. Within 5 minutes the cab was comfortable and I was inching set temp up for the last 5 minutes home.

Last edited:
U

User_3336

Looks like 68....

1 minute of windows down to let heat escape. Dropped auto to 63 with recirculate on. Within 5 minutes the cab was comfortable and I was inching set temp up for the last 5 minutes home.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
This thread is getting out of hand. If you're replying in the thread for the first time, have you read all 23 pages and 400+ posts FIRST before asking questions already addresses or pursuing an argument? :-\

If your a/c sucks, take it to the dealer, do the "hack", trade the vehicle, or simply live with it and stop bitching.
No idea if your post is in response to my post but note my sig, I have the clamp. My question was about a "fix" per the post I replied to. There are only hacks, no fixes. But we are all beating a very dead horse if and until FCA helps us.

ramhead

Reaction score

No offense, but who made you hall monitor (or, more precisely, thread monitor)???

No one's forcing you to visit this thread or opine on it......if it bothers you so much or you feel it's "out of hand" you can avoid it and spend your time on other threads.

ac1dd

Reaction score
It’s colder than our 2015 Audi.
Maybe that's because some Audis from this period have a improperly set up HVAC module software coding is incorrect.
There is actually a software coding for "hot country" or "cold country" if the setting in the BCM isn't set correctly for the ambient environment of the area it is being driven in, it leads to poor cooling or heating performance. I actually think that this factors into
the Ram situation as will in addition to a mechanical defect.

Read this click on link below:

Audi AC doesn't blow cold enough HVAC module settings incorrect

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe that's because some Audis from this period have a improperly set up HVAC module software coding is incorrect.
There is actually a software coding for "hot country" or "cold country" if the setting in the BCM isn't set correctly for the ambient environment of the area it is being driven in, it leads to poor cooling or heating performance. I actually think that this factors into
the Ram situation as will in addition to a mechanical defect.

Read this click on link below:

Audi AC doesn't blow cold enough HVAC module settings incorrect
I’ll check this with my VAG-COM and let you know what I find.

timtlu

Reaction score
Looks like 68....
Yeah that's my memory setting on start up. Dropped it right after taking the pic. Was pretty astounded at the 118 reading. I've only ever owned light cars. Seen plenty of 110, but never this high. 10 minutes later when I got home, it was still reading 107.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah that's my memory setting on start up. Dropped it right after taking the pic. Was pretty astounded at the 118 reading. I've only ever owned light cars. Seen plenty of 110, but never this high. 10 minutes later when I got home, it was still reading 107.

I don’t know about your truck but my outside temp reading is way off on hot sunny days. The temp will read as much 10 deg warmer than it actually is outside.

U

User_3336

Not exactly where the temperature sensor is....Different places in all vehicles.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Supposedly driver's side mirror underneath.
That's another gripe of mine. Most wildly inaccurate temp reading of any vehicle I've driven in 30 years.

Anyone looked into modding with a resistor?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jokal

Reaction score
I have serious buyer's remorse after buying my Limited less than a month ago. There are so many things wrong with it, the a/c just being one. I can't believe they sell these things with all of the known issues. I have 13 TSB's and my dash is coming apart in addition to the crappy A/C. I have an appointment w/ the dealer on 8/20 (2 weeks after I tried to schedule something, w/ no guarantee of a rental), so I'll see how it goes. I'm warning everyone I know to steer clear of RAM until I see if they can address my issues.

timtlu

Reaction score
I have serious buyer's remorse after buying my Limited less than a month ago. There are so many things wrong with it, the a/c just being one. I can't believe they sell these things with all of the known issues. I have 13 TSB's and my dash is coming apart in addition to the crappy A/C. I have an appointment w/ the dealer on 8/20 (2 weeks after I tried to schedule something, w/ no guarantee of a rental), so I'll see how it goes. I'm warning everyone I know to steer clear of RAM until I see if they can address my issues.
Eek. Did you get an older build date?

U

User_3336

13 TSB'S..........
Can you provide a list of all of those??

Just because you are having issues, doesn't mean everyone else has the same list of problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does this AC hack make the temp of the air always be just as cold no matter what temp you have it set on?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does this AC hack make the temp of the air always be just as cold no matter what temp you have it set on?

When compressor running it will be as cold as it can be. Truck uses the thermostat to cycle the compressor to maintain desired temp, just like your house works.
You will love it.
I drove 9 hours today in 96-104 degree weather and worked the auto AC setting from 68 to 74. Got cold! It was blowing on lowest fan speed for hours and even changed the vents from dash to floor occasionally. It's basically working right only after the valve being installed.

Users who are viewing this thread