5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air conditioning doesn't cool well

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
you clamped it too tight man. My 19 shows absolutely no damage...how would it make the walls thinner? "Each line clamp is specially designed to stop flow without damaging or compromising the hose." HF Clamp kit
I don’t know. But I definitely don’t have to worry about that now 😉

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
...but you DO have to worry about all the potential fail points you created now :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Like zi said before, most heater hoses already have a splice point in one of the hoses. Take that out and put the valve in. No extra failure points.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
you clamped it too tight man. My 19 shows absolutely no damage...how would it make the walls thinner? "Each line clamp is specially designed to stop flow without damaging or compromising the hose." HF Clamp kit
Well, I hope HF will pay for s new hose if it fails since they claim it won't damage the hose. Which it will over time.

yellowboy

Reaction score
Welcome to "LIFE WITH A RAM" , if the window/antenna/brake light isn't leaking, or you don't have wind noise, or some other issue you will not have cold air when you turn on the AC.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't had any of those issues.
Me either although I'm wondering if I'm hearing more outside noise with my 2023 than my 2020...although I could be hypersensitive "looking" for something. I would swear I heard NOTHING from the outside...so what's this wind noise?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Me either although I'm wondering if I'm hearing more outside noise with my 2023 than my 2020...although I could be hypersensitive "looking" for something. I would swear I heard NOTHING from the outside...so what's this wind noise?
Bad seal at the base of the windshield on the passenger side on a number of trucks. Enough that there is a TSB.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like zi said before, most heater hoses already have a splice point in one of the hoses. Take that out and put the valve in. No extra failure points.
nope...as soon as you pull it apart, and stick your fingers in there...it becomes a potential fail point! Where there was one factory clamp, there is now 2 shade tree mechanic clamps...and a "valve" from who knows where in China.....I can take my HF clamp off in 1 minute and inspect for any damage if I felt like it...you can't.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
nope...as soon as you pull it apart, and stick your fingers in there...it becomes a potential fail point! Where there was one factory clamp, there is now 2 shade tree mechanic clamps...and a "valve" from who knows where in China.....I can take my HF clamp off in 1 minute and inspect for any damage if I felt like it...you can't.
I can take my valve off in 1 minute.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As soon as you clamp down on the hose and pinch it shut, that becomes a fail point. Heater hoses aren't designed to be pinched like that.

And what part of factory splice point don't you understand? You think the clamps the factory puts on that arent made in china? You aren't adding anything, just replacing. Don't use cheap worm gear clamps, and it won't be any different than factory. And cars used to come from the factory with heater control valves that would close off the water to heater core.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey there,

If you do end up working with your local dealership with this, please reach out to us. We're available via direct messaging.

Callie
Ram Cares

yellowboy

Reaction score
The sad part is that we are even talking about doing this (A/C clamping) on a $ 60,000 plus truck to get cold air - pathetic. I can see me telling the person I sell the truck to "o yeah if you want cold air you have to open the hood and turn this valve....." , I'll probaly just do a "we buy any car" ----no explanation needed.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The sad part is that we are even talking about doing this (A/C clamping) on a $ 60,000 plus truck to get cold air - pathetic. I can see me telling the person I sell the truck to "o yeah if you want cold air you have to open the hood and turn this valve....." , I'll probaly just do a "we buy any car" ----no explanation needed.
The sad part is, people just put up with it during warranty period and never took it to dealer for repair, even though there is a TSB to fix this specific issue.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
The sad part is, people just put up with it during warranty period and never took it to dealer for repair, even though there is a TSB to fix this specific issue.
Yup. I learned real quick when summertime came. Thanks to y’all and the TSB they fixed it under warranty. I’m afraid some folks buying used trucks that are outside 3/36 will have a hard time getting it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/