5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AGM or Lead Acid Battery

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys just a heads up, I just picked up the Interstate H8 Battery from Costco today and the price tag said $185, but it rang up as $135! The employee said he didn’t think they were on sale, but that’s what the computer scanned. So maybe it’s a Black Friday/cyber Monday deal? With tax and after the core charge it’s only $143! Seemed like a great deal to me. The guy in front of me in line got the same battery but H7 and it was actually $10 more expensive than what I paid! E975C786-900A-4BD2-A2FF-0F6DBF314000.jpeg

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys just a heads up, I just picked up the Interstate H8 Battery from Costco today and the price tag said $185, but it rang up as $135! The employee said he didn’t think they were on sale, but that’s what the computer scanned. So maybe it’s a Black Friday/cyber Monday deal? With tax and after the core charge it’s only $143! Seemed like a great deal to me. The guy in front of me in line got the same battery but H7 and it was actually $10 more expensive than what I paid! View attachment 144831
me to👍

Attachments

• 100_1876_InPixio.jpg
    100_1876_InPixio.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 62

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ArcotRAMathorn

Reaction score
Go to www.batteriesplus.com. That’s where they are sold.

Order online and get 10% off at Batteriesplus and another 3% if you use Rakuten. Best battery money can buy...period!
That's the h7. Anyone know the h8? You can't filter by our truck because it's meant to use h7

Is this it https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...dM5VElnV4gCBZl1Wr8hoCemwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I sent that because I do not believe there is an H8 X2 available...only the one I sent above. I would have zero issues buying an H7 X2 battery.
Genuine question: what makes the H7 X2 battery worth more than double the cost of the Interstate H8?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Genuine question: what makes the H7 X2 battery worth more than double the cost of the Interstate H8?
To some, nothing. To me, it is the most highly rated and most reliable battery on the market. EnerSys/Northstar makes Odyssey and the X2. The same identical batteries coming out of the same factory. I had a long conversation about a year a go with a top EnerSys Northstar Engineer when I was researching batteries. A $150 Interstate (on-sale) H8 may have a 3-year warranty and I would expect it to last about 2.5 - 3 years and then have to replace it. I would expect, and anticipate, I'll get at least 4, maybe 5-6+ out of the Northstar which has a 4 year warranty. Most all batteries that you find in the BIG DIESEL RIGS are Northstar, as well as the back-up batteries used in most all data centers across the US that service millions of computer servers at AWS, FB, Google, and several other big dogs. Their quality and reliability is second to none. Some will say I can buy two Interstate's for 1 X2. True...but with an X2, you won't have to worry about about anther dead battery for 2X the life of the Interstate. Not looking to debate anyone here, just answering your genuine question with a genuine answer. You can buy quality and longevity first go around or settle for a mediocre battery that you know you'll, most likely, be replacing within its warranty period.

Reactions: TSL

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
To some, nothing. To me, it is the most highly rated and most reliable battery on the market. EnerSys/Northstar makes Odyssey and the X2. The same identical batteries coming out of the same factory. I had a long conversation about a year a go with a top EnerSys Northstar Engineer when I was researching batteries. A $150 Interstate (on-sale) H8 may have a 3-year warranty and I would expect it to last about 2.5 - 3 years and then have to replace it. I would expect, and anticipate, I'll get at least 4, maybe 5-6+ out of the Northstar which has a 4 year warranty. Most all batteries that you find in the BIG DIESEL RIGS are Northstar, as well as the back-up batteries used in most all data centers across the US that service millions of computer servers at AWS, FB, Google, and several other big dogs. Their quality and reliability is second to none. Some will say I can buy two Interstate's for 1 X2. True...but with an X2, you won't have to worry about about anther dead battery for 2X the life of the Interstate. Not looking to debate anyone here, just answering your genuine question with a genuine answer. You can buy quality and longevity first go around or settle for a mediocre battery that you know you'll, most likely, be replacing within its warranty period.
Gotcha! Thanks for the response! I’ll see how this interstate battery lasts and if it does well - great! If not, I’ll definitely consider an x2 next time around

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i am doing a dual battery set up so im looking at a odessy h8 agm but looking now for a deep cycle agm … trying to find the smallest of them

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I got an h8 interstate this year to replace the factory battery

sd2134

Reaction score
FYI, is part of a group size chart from Interstate for their Mega-Tron Plus batteries. It shows the DIN Group H8 is a BCI Group 49 battery. Physically the H8 is 1 9/16" longer than a H7.

1671410824829.png
1671410860641.png

Chart showing post size difference between SAE, DIN, EN and JIS battery terminals.

1671410676861.png

Users who are viewing this thread