5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aero Mode

Bufordw

Reaction score
My truck was doing the same thing in auto but worked fine manually. It would go to aero mode only and sometimes wouldn't even go out of entry/exit (E/E). Also the Tow/Haul mode would not lock the suspension to normal as it was supposed to do. I took it in yesterday and they reset the suspension and ride height and that did not fix it. They performed a vehicle reconfigurations w/ air suspension update. Then performed an air suspension initialize and it fixed the problem. I drove it for a while and tested everything. It all worked fine. However, when I arrived home I decided to set it to entry exit when I parked. It went to aero mode first then I lowered it to E/E. When I drove it again it went to aero mode at 15 mph. I set it to normal manually. When I got home I hit the lower switch twice to go directly to E/E. I don't know if it goes back to the user set height when automatically raising from E/E. I will check it this morning when I leave to work. I don't mind Aero mode all the time. If it will raise and stay in normal in tow/haul I would be happy with it.

EDIT. After driving and testing it more... It does appear that my truck will return to the last setting (aero or normal only) when auto raising from E/E. It also will stay in normal in tow/haul.

Last edited:

runninram

Reaction score
My truck was doing the same thing in auto but worked fine manually. It would go to aero mode only and sometimes wouldn't even go out of entry/exit (E/E). Also the Tow/Haul mode would not lock the suspension to normal as it was supposed to do. I took it in yesterday and they reset the suspension and ride height and that did not fix it. They performed a vehicle reconfigurations w/ air suspension update. Then performed an air suspension initialize and it fixed the problem. I drove it for a while and tested everything. It all worked fine. However, when I arrived home I decided to set it to entry exit when I parked. It went to aero mode first then I lowered it to E/E. When I drove it again it went to aero mode at 15 mph. I set it to normal manually. When I got home I hit the lower switch twice to go directly to E/E. I don't know if it goes back to the user set height when automatically raising from E/E. I will check it this morning when I leave to work. I don't mind Aero mode all the time. If it will raise and stay in normal in tow/haul I would be happy with it.

EDIT. After driving and testing it more... It does appear that my truck will return to the last setting (aero or normal only) when auto raising from E/E. It also will stay in normal in tow/haul.
thanx 4 yer input

rgaret

Reaction score
Mine can ride full time on entry mode, feel like out from the fast and the furious
Mine does this too. I have seen it not leave Entry/Exit mode, but only if I lower the truck using the fob. If I lower the truck from inside using the toggle, it's fine. Strange behavior, it seems like a software bug, in my opinion.

Jwsmith

Reaction score
Mine never went to Normal mode from EE, just Aero. Today toggled to Normal from EE at start up, then toggled back to EE at my destination (only a few blocks, less than 30 MPH). Returning home it went to the last toggled setting, Normal around 15 MPH. Prior to that (770 miles) it had never gone to Normal mode. Will get a chance tomorrow (weather permitting here) to get over 60 MPH and see if it will auto AERO, then return to Normal when I reduce speed or come to a stop. My thoughts are the system is working, I just need to learn how it works. The manual (despite nearly 700 pages) reveals little. I'd like it to auto EE when stopped and placed in Park without toggle action as indicated in the manual (attached pages) unless I'm reading it incorrectly. Love the RAM - but a lot to learn. There was nearly as much difference between my spouse's 2012 Suburban LTZ and the 2016 Silverado I leased (same drive train and features) as there is between the RAM and Silverado - but the RAM is so much better in so many ways! Reading these postings helps lessen the learning curve, but better manuals and greater detail would sure help!

Attachments

• engine suspension.pdf
    198.3 KB · Views: 29

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine drops to EE when truck is shut off. Enters Normal every morning once I get up to speed on my street. Then it drops into Aero once I get onto the highway, and comes back up to Normal when I exit the highway.

Jwsmith

Reaction score
Mine drops to EE when truck is shut off. Enters Normal every morning once I get up to speed on my street. Then it drops into Aero once I get onto the highway, and comes back up to Normal when I exit the highway.
Mine stays in Normal unless I toggel down. No chance to test going to Aero today with weather and traffic. I don't have the settings indicated in the manual - will inquire at recall fix appointment as it is not critical or functional limiting.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score

How do you have it set up to automatically drop to EE when turned off? I've looked through my UConnect (12") and I have no setting though the manual states I should...

osumason

Reaction score
Mine never leave Aero mode! I have turned that setting off, but nothing changes. I never goes to e/e or NRH unless I manually toggle it.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you have it set up to automatically drop to EE when turned off? I've looked through my UConnect (12") and I have no setting though the manual states I should...
If I remember correctly, I manually placed it into EE mode before I shut down one afternoon. The next day, I placed it into Normal when I started. From there, everything functions as described.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, If i manually set it to Aero Mode, Thats where it returns to if I shutdown and startup again. My truck remembers the last manual setting between Aero and Normal modes.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, If i manually set it to Aero Mode, Thats where it returns to if I shutdown and startup again. My truck remembers the last manual setting between Aero and Normal modes.

This is how it should operate according to design. You can manually set it to Aero all the time or to Normal which will go to Aero upon reaching Highway speeds for over 30 Seconds or a minute if you have it configured to go to Aero. Hopefully the Tazer DT lets us configure this and program what we want the Air Suspension to do.

bobzilla

Reaction score
Does anyone have issues when braking or taking off from a stop? I feel like a jerk or pop in the rear suspension and didn’t know if the air suspension had anything to do with it. There was one instance where I lowered it in my drivers and felt a loud pop in the back suspension. I haven’t been able to repeat it but when I brake at a stop light it feel very similar.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not air suspension related. Probably drive shaft related. You should probably check threads that relate to the drive line.

redspire

Reaction score
If I I have the air suspension set to Entry/Exit and then start the truck and drive, my 2019 only goes up to Aero mode and not to Normal Ride Height. The manual states that it will go to Aero mode once a speed of 62-66 mph is achieved. It is then to return to Normal Ride Height once the vehicle gets below 35mph for 20 seconds or below 30mph at all times. I get Aero Mode as soon as it comes out of the entry height. In the UConnect settings I found one setting for the Air Suspension. I can have this setting turned on or off, but the vehicle still acts the same way.

I can set the Normal Ride Height manually via the toggle switch.

Anyone else seeing this?

NO mine seems to stay at 2 unless I change it manually but am still not quite sure under normal conditions what it should do/does.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
NO mine seems to stay at 2 unless I change it manually but am still not quite sure under normal conditions what it should do/does.
Same here. Manually, it stays in Aero mode until next start, otherwise, it goes straight to normal mode, and then to Aero @ highway speeds.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just adding my truck to this thread.

It operates normally meaning it goes to Aero mode on the interstate as it should and returns to normal ride height when back on the slower roads.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a repeat of Auto Aero not working last week. I had dropped the truck to Entry/Exit before I shut it off the day before. I remote started and then needed to drive across the county on the highway. The truck stayed in Entry/Exit until I manually put it to Normal after exiting the highway.
#lowrider

Users who are viewing this thread