5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aero Mode

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I I have the air suspension set to Entry/Exit and then start the truck and drive, my 2019 only goes up to Aero mode and not to Normal Ride Height. The manual states that it will go to Aero mode once a speed of 62-66 mph is achieved. It is then to return to Normal Ride Height once the vehicle gets below 35mph for 20 seconds or below 30mph at all times. I get Aero Mode as soon as it comes out of the entry height. In the UConnect settings I found one setting for the Air Suspension. I can have this setting turned on or off, but the vehicle still acts the same way.

I can set the Normal Ride Height manually via the toggle switch.

Anyone else seeing this?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Nope, not seeing this. Mine goes to normal height automatically.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Mine also, will go to Aero and stay there. If I want normal I have to manually select.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Please keep them coming

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I I have the air suspension set to Entry/Exit and then start the truck and drive, my 2019 only goes up to Aero mode and not to Normal Ride Height. The manual states that it will go to Aero mode once a speed of 62-66 mph is achieved. It is then to return to Normal Ride Height once the vehicle gets below 35mph for 20 seconds or below 30mph at all times. I get Aero Mode as soon as it comes out of the entry height. In the UConnect settings I found one setting for the Air Suspension. I can have this setting turned on or off, but the vehicle still acts the same way.

I can set the Normal Ride Height manually via the toggle switch.

Anyone else seeing this?
Yes, I have seen this behavior, and it appears that it is not limited to trucks with the Off Road Group (a preliminary theory of mine). I've gotten to where I manually raise from Entry/Exit to Normal because I don't want to be brake-checked when I back out of a sloping driveway, so I don't often encounter this issue. Note that the automatic Aero behavior (i.e. lowering from NRH to Aero at highway speeds and then returning to NRH when slowing down) always works as expected.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere if you put it in aero mode manually it will stay there and if you put it in normal it will auto adjust. I don’t use entry/exit as it’s not really needed with the power running boards.
Interesting, I'll try it tomorrow and see what happens.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere if you put it in aero mode manually it will stay there and if you put it in normal it will auto adjust. I don’t use entry/exit as it’s not really needed with the power running boards.
So this is accurate, I manually put it in normal mode, it dropped into aero mode and then returned to normal on its own.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I did try mine this morning, I started the truck it was in Aero, I moved it to normal and drove to work. On my ride I reach 65 mph and at that point it went to Aero ,after I came to a light and it returned to Normal on its own. This procedure repeated and always returned to the normal position. I guess that is as designed(y)

Reactions: Kaz

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine goes straight to normal.

Used key fob to lower truck to entry height. Started engine. Went straight to normal when I started going forward.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did try mine this morning, I started the truck it was in Aero, I moved it to normal and drove to work. On my ride I reach 65 mph and at that point it went to Aero ,after I came to a light and it returned to Normal on its own. This procedure repeated and always returned to the normal position. I guess that is as designed(y)
Yes, although you can disable the 'auto aero' mode in UConnect.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Used key fob to lower truck to entry height. Started engine. Went straight to normal when I started going forward.
Mine just goes to aero and stays there. I'm going into the dealer next Wednesday to get my bed extender posts installed, I'll have them look at this as well while I am there

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine just goes to aero and stays there. I'm going into the dealer next Wednesday to get my bed extender posts installed, I'll have them look at this as well while I am there

That is good to have them check it. So many weird glitches in Uconnect. There was one time when I started the truck and it was in Aero.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Turns out mine operates this way. It doesn't matter if I lower the truck with the key fob with the truck off or lower it while running from inside the cabin. Either way, as soon as I hit 16 mph, the truck raises to Normal height. But I know that I've seen the behavior that @Slim is describing...maybe it was on one of my test drives.

Keep the questions coming...I love excuses to go out and drive my truck around :)

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

@Slim I've had mine do this too but haven't had it long enough to figure out the pattern. My guess is that it returns to the mode you had it in before E/E but need to experiment more.
Frankly, I love E/E height and am now contemplating dropping it and pulling the fuse to see what I drives like that low. Maybe I can find an old school red plastic light up toggle I can wire in for either auto air ride or "quit messing with my air ride" modes.

I joke. Mostly...

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Turns out mine operates this way. It doesn't matter if I lower the truck with the key fob with the truck off or lower it while running from inside the cabin. Either way, as soon as I hit 16 mph, the truck raises to Normal height. But I know that I've seen the behavior that @Slim is describing...maybe it was on one of my test drives.

Keep the questions coming...I love excuses to go out and drive my truck around :)
I think that is how it is supposed to operate based on my experience with my 2015

Users who are viewing this thread