5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice on leveling kit

dyelife

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am looking to get some advice on a front end leveling kit for my RAM. The one thing I want to avoid is to ruin the ride of this truck, its incredible. I currently have 33inch KO2's on it and still rides great and looking to level it out. What is the best level kit for the money. I know its not an incredibly expensive upgrade, but I want to get quality. So if anyone has great experience with limited ride difference with their kit...please do tell. What size, company and any direct links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Truck:
2019 RAM 1500 - Crew Cab - Laramie - 4x4 - Ivory White - Sports Package - 3.92 GR

Addons:
33inch Ko2's
Direct Fit Flowmaster Muffler Kit

R

Rob5589

Any of the spacer lifts will work. There is no discernable difference between them. Or wait for Bilstein to introduce their 5100 adjustable shock.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any of the spacer lifts will work. There is no discernable difference between them. Or wait for Bilstein to introduce their 5100 adjustable shock.
I really hope bilstein releases those leveling shocks soon. I dont want to bother with the spacer and swap it out for 5100s as soon as they come out.

dyelife

Reaction score
Do leveling kits affect the ride of your truck? Anything noticeable?

R

Rob5589

Do leveling kits affect the ride of your truck? Anything noticeable?
Most likely some change in ride characteristics. You have altered angles and travel from the factory ride height.

JHRebel

Reaction score
Get the Readylift 2inch with the UCAs...not all leveling kits are the same, stay away from the pucks IMHO, the RL with the UCAs rides just as stock.

ChadRam

Reaction score
Hello All. New to the forum. I have the 2019 Ram 1500 Limited with factory 22's. I'd like to level it. There seems to be a lot of talk about it, but no consistent best way to go. Best I've seen so far is the Revel front links with Daystar 2" spacers KC09112BK. The Revel contact says the spacers provide the level and the links put the airbags back into their normal stock ride height position. This provides the best ride quality. Looking for confirmation or if there is another way to get a quality ride.

Todd1500

Reaction score
Get the Readylift 2inch with the UCAs...not all leveling kits are the same, stay away from the pucks IMHO, the RL with the UCAs rides just as stock.
Does it matter if your truck has the ORP or not? I'm trying to figure out if I can maintain (as much as possible) the stock ride with the ORP. I've seen a few posts complaining about the ride when using the Mopar 2" lift and the ORP. I'm betweenn the Readylift kit with the UCAs and the Mopar 2" lift.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does it matter if your truck has the ORP or not? I'm trying to figure out if I can maintain (as much as possible) the stock ride with the ORP. I've seen a few posts complaining about the ride when using the Mopar 2" lift and the ORP. I'm betweenn the Readylift kit with the UCAs and the Mopar 2" lift.
ORP just had the extra inch of lift from factory which means you need the UCAs swapped out even more than non ORP trucks.

judsonlimited

Reaction score
I'm holding out for those 5100s as well, those are probably the best bet with the ORP since you can adjust the ride height. i really only want one more inch higher in the front but no spacer kit out there with only 1"

Todd1500

Reaction score
ORP just had the extra inch of lift from factory which means you need the UCAs swapped out even more than non ORP trucks.
OK. Thanks.

Even so, Readylift says their level/UCA/lift kits are not to be used with the ORP.

JR427

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie 4WD crew cab short bed. I've looked into leveling (not lifting ) it. I think the upcoming Bilstein shocks are the best method. The front shocks replace the stock shock component of the front strut assembly and are adjustable. NO other parts are required according to Bilstein. They are also going to produce 5100 rear shocks that do NOT change the height of the rear but will be valved like the fronts. It is an expensive way to level your truck, but the best in my opinion. These will be available in the first quarter of 2020. Pricing is not available yet but I'm guessing similar to current shocks. I've contacted Bilstein via their email Q&A and they answer the same day.

growell121

Reaction score
Anyone have opinions on the Rough Country N3 Leveling struts? They claim a simple swap out with factory struts and no disassembling required. I'm looking to go that route with my 2109 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport.

judsonlimited

Reaction score
Anyone have opinions on the Rough Country N3 Leveling struts? They claim a simple swap out with factory struts and no disassembling required. I'm looking to go that route with my 2109 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport.

They'd be a viable solution but take rough country with a grain of salt. I'd be more concerned with the long term reliability of the springs over anything else in that assembly. Those particular ones from RCX are still fairly new to the market across all makes and i have yet to see any long term results. Just my 2 cents.

dyelife

Reaction score
I'm holding out for those 5100s as well, those are probably the best bet with the ORP since you can adjust the ride height. i really only want one more inch higher in the front but no spacer kit out there with only 1"
Good to know, thank you!

eithkrp1

Reaction score
Hello All. New to the forum. I have the 2019 Ram 1500 Limited with factory 22's. I'd like to level it. There seems to be a lot of talk about it, but no consistent best way to go. Best I've seen so far is the Revel front links with Daystar 2" spacers KC09112BK. The Revel contact says the spacers provide the level and the links put the airbags back into their normal stock ride height position. This provides the best ride quality. Looking for confirmation or if there is another way to get a quality ride.
Let me know if get an answer, i'm in the same situation, 2020 Limited with Black APpearance. Can't stand all the rear wheel well that shows.Just want to level and go a bit larger 20's and 35's.

R

Rob5589

I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie 4WD crew cab short bed. I've looked into leveling (not lifting ) it. I think the upcoming Bilstein shocks are the best method. The front shocks replace the stock shock component of the front strut assembly and are adjustable. NO other parts are required according to Bilstein. They are also going to produce 5100 rear shocks that do NOT change the height of the rear but will be valved like the fronts. It is an expensive way to level your truck, but the best in my opinion. These will be available in the first quarter of 2020. Pricing is not available yet but I'm guessing similar to current shocks. I've contacted Bilstein via their email Q&A and they answer the same day.
I am waiting for those as well. Their reply to my query was first of the year'ish. They also said they were producing a +1" rear shock, for those interested in lifting the rear an inch via spacer or spring.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am waiting for those as well. Their reply to my query was first of the year'ish. They also said they were producing a +1" rear shock, for those interested in lifting the rear an inch via spacer or spring.
Was it recommended by most to swap UCA’s if you have an off road group truck when doing the billsteins?

R

Rob5589

Was it recommended by most to swap UCA’s if you have an off road group truck when doing the billsteins?
I haven't read that but, the Bilsteins aren't out yet, either. There are some threads floating around suggesting that the uca are possibly the same as the Mopar lift uca if they have the air ride link post. But I have yet to read actual confirmation that is the case.

Users who are viewing this thread