5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice on leveling kit

Escamp1

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie 4WD crew cab short bed. I've looked into leveling (not lifting ) it. I think the upcoming Bilstein shocks are the best method. The front shocks replace the stock shock component of the front strut assembly and are adjustable. NO other parts are required according to Bilstein. They are also going to produce 5100 rear shocks that do NOT change the height of the rear but will be valved like the fronts. It is an expensive way to level your truck, but the best in my opinion. These will be available in the first quarter of 2020. Pricing is not available yet but I'm guessing similar to current shocks. I've contacted Bilstein via their email Q&A and they answer the same day.
I have a 4x2 without the off-road package. I want to level, do i just need the bilstein shocks to do that or is there something else i need to add? Sorry, I'm very uneducated on this matter.

kipeharris

Reaction score
Has anyone installed their 5100's yet? Can you give us an honest update/review?? ... I know there is other threads with some other peoples opinions.

I am on the edge of adding the 2.0 or 2.5 kit from Motofab. It seems like multiple people are having issues with their spacers no matter the manufacturer. Besides the sway bar being loose, has there been any other solutions???

I am just looking to Level my 2019 4X4 Crew Cab 1500, I will worry about tires etc later... I am a Realtor and drive in stop/go traffic most of the time, I have to be able to get a Grandma & Grandpa in my truck without worrying they might breaking a hip getting in or the ride being so rough her bladder leaks and she forgot her old lady britches that day BUT at the same time I dont want it looking like a old man truck....

I was waiting to install the 5100's but after reading the reviews it sounds like they ride "Stiff"?????

Thoughts on "aggressive" looking tires that will be on the street 98% of the time for a smooth ride and MPG??.... Powder Coat the wheels black?

Attachments

• Truck.jpeg
    Truck.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 140

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Has anyone installed their 5100's yet? Can you give us an honest update/review?? ... I know there is other threads with some other peoples opinions.

I am on the edge of adding the 2.0 or 2.5 kit from Motofab. It seems like multiple people are having issues with their spacers no matter the manufacturer. Besides the sway bar being loose, has there been any other solutions???

I am just looking to Level my 2019 4X4 Crew Cab 1500, I will worry about tires etc later... I am a Realtor and drive in stop/go traffic most of the time, I have to be able to get a Grandma & Grandpa in my truck without worrying they might breaking a hip getting in or the ride being so rough her bladder leaks and she forgot her old lady britches that day BUT at the same time I dont want it looking like a old man truck....

I was waiting to install the 5100's but after reading the reviews it sounds like they ride "Stiff"?????

Thoughts on "aggressive" looking tires that will be on the street 98% of the time for a smooth ride and MPG??.... Powder Coat the wheels black?
BDS is supposed to be coming out with their leveling kit sometime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread