5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding remote start via Phone app?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. After installing and using both on multiple vehicles, I would suggest car link over drone mobile. Depending on how many years at a time you pay for, car link is free the first year, and $40 a year after that. Drone mobile is $60 a year. Car link is far more reliable, and the app interface is easier to use, than drone mobile.
I have done a few cars with idata alca/drone mobile. Which flash logic module you using with car link, flcan???. Flcan seems like just a rebranded idatalink alca or vice versa. Thx.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have done a few cars with idata alca/drone mobile. Which flash logic module you using with car link, flcan???. Flcan seems like just a rebranded idatalink alca or vice versa. Thx.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
My go to is flrs (not flcan), but yes, they are all the same rebranded- compustar, idata, fl, etc...
Then I’ll use the appropriate plug n play CH harness for whichever FCA vehicle. I usually suggest flrs because it’s easier to find vendors that bundle the laptop adapter in with it.

BigBen

Reaction score
I've been looking into Mobokey which uses a long range bluetooth connection and doesn't have a subscription after purchase/install. I've not actually used it nor do I know anyone who has but it seems like it would fit your needs.

https://mobokey.com/shop/cam-pro/

Got pipe

Reaction score
I've wanted this function since I bought this truck exactly two years ago. I feel like I was deceived by a name like 'UConnect' would be "connected" (along with the information supplied by the salesperson). I didn't realize until the next day, after purchase, the truck was not connected; therefore, no app remote start. I've gone to the below webpage at least 100 times but have never ended up purchasing. It seems like a straightforward install but I would love to get feedback on the install and real world usage before I purchase.

I have purchased from 12volt solutions many times. Clay is very helpful and actually video called with me on a Saturday to answer some questions I had. Currently have their system on 3 vehicles I own.
14 ram 3500
09 4runner
16 4runner.
Phone app is very easy to use. First year free doesn't hurt.

gtulino

Reaction score
OK boys back on subject... another option is Flashlogic RS-CH13 w/ Car Link add-on, great product at a great price. For everyone's info, Viper or the parent company DEI, is now owned by Audiovox.. so don't get hung up on brand names --- under all the plastic, the technology is the same... With almost 30 years in the business I've installed them all....

-=FM45=-
What needs to be purchased? Just the flash logic device that is compatible with car link? Or do we need to buy another device for the car kin to work. Also does the harness that come work with ram or do we need to purchase a special harness?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
What needs to be purchased? Just the flash logic device that is compatible with car link? Or do we need to buy another device for the car kin to work. Also does the harness that come work with ram or do we need to purchase a special harness?
Look for my post where I outlined everything you need to make this work. It is AWESOME!

Users who are viewing this thread