5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

Rons5thgen

Reaction score
Call around to some local vinyl wrap shops and see how much they would charge you, if you buy new handles it will likely be cheaper since they will be off the truck already. I think a friend of mine paid like $60 bucks to have his F150 handles wrapped but he supplied the material.
Thanks, but that wasn't what i meant. I was thinking factory option. where do l go to see what is available?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
How does the inner panel come off. I know there are bolts and clips but do you have to remove window motor first? Any other tricks I need to know?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Just remove the harness and window. Motor can stay.

Apexbasher

Reaction score
It is billet silver, not even the limited has chrome handle? And how do you find this information? I wanted to change all handles to chrome and have passive entry on only the driver door.
Not seeing 'billet silver'.

But there is 'Silver'. Here are the numbers for a 2019:
Handle with chrome - 6CV361SCAD
Handle without chrome - 6CV64JSCAD
Left (driver) cap - 6CV50JSCAC
Right (pass.) cap - 6CV52JSCAB

Also "Steel" for 2019:
Handle with chrome - 6CV361ARAD
Handle woithout chrome - 6CV64KARAD
Left (driver) cap - 6CV50KARAC
Right (pass.) cap - 6CV52KARAB

Not all Mopar parts sites have the detailed descriptions of the parts, so it is a bit of a trial. But a few do, I've been using MoparWholesaleParts.com

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Not seeing 'billet silver'.

But there is 'Silver'. Here are the numbers for a 2019:
Handle with chrome - 6CV361SCAD
Handle without chrome - 6CV64JSCAD
Left (driver) cap - 6CV50JSCAC
Right (pass.) cap - 6CV52JSCAB

Also "Steel" for 2019:
Handle with chrome - 6CV361ARAD
Handle woithout chrome - 6CV64KARAD
Left (driver) cap - 6CV50KARAC
Right (pass.) cap - 6CV52KARAB

Not all Mopar parts sites have the detailed descriptions of the parts, so it is a bit of a trial. But a few do, I've been using MoparWholesaleParts.com
In the one I posted, you have the exact color description..

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, but that wasn't what i meant. I was thinking factory option. where do l go to see what is available?
The only 3 options you have factory are black(tradesman), body color and body color with chrome insert. There is no factory truck that has full out chrome handles nor is there a Mopar option.

Apexbasher

Reaction score
Are you asking if I have the descriptions for the part numbers you listed?
If so:
6CV64PR4AD - "Left, Right, Front Outer, Body color, without chrome, with keyless go, flame red."
6FX82PR4AC - "Left, Front Left, Body color, without keyless go, flame red."
6CV52PR4AB - "Right, Front Right, Body color, with keyless go, flame red."

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Are you asking if I have the descriptions for the part numbers you listed?
If so:
6CV64PR4AD - "Left, Right, Front Outer, Body color, without chrome, with keyless go, flame red."
6FX82PR4AC - "Left, Front Left, Body color, without keyless go, flame red."
6CV52PR4AB - "Right, Front Right, Body color, with keyless go, flame red."
No. I said that in the website I posted, you have the description with the exact color. Sorry for the miscommunication

Swifty

Reaction score
The handles aren’t terrible to replace it’s removing the carrier plate to run wiring that is a little challeny

Rons5thgen

Reaction score

a couple more questions and I won't bother you for awhile, can you get cap in a nonpassive handle to match the body color with chrome, and what part is the one that is seemingly impossible to get

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
can you get cap in a nonpassive handle to match the body color with chrome
Handle/Passenger-w/o keyless: 6CV441SCAC
Cap/Passenger- w/o keyless: 6EG54JSCAB
Handle/Driver-w/ Keyless:6CV361SCAD
Cap/Driver-w/ keyless: 6CV50JSCAC

Caps are just Body-colored, No chrome.
and what part is the one that is seemingly impossible to get
I think you're talking about the wire harness.

Rons5thgen

Reaction score
Handle/Passenger-w/o keyless: 6CV441SCAC
Cap/Passenger- w/o keyless: 6EG54JSCAB
Handle/Driver-w/ Keyless:6CV361SCAD
Cap/Driver-w/ keyless: 6CV50JSCAC

Caps are just Body-colored, No chrome.

I think you're talking about the wire harness.

you amaze me, how do you find these parts? l think it is this one 68429501aa. gonna go down the list of parts. The ones listed here, 68429501aa. is there anything else for just the driver door proximity keyless entry with matching handles? Thanks again O' mighty parts man.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
you amaze me, how do you find these parts? l think it is this one 68429501aa. gonna go down the list of parts. The ones listed here, 68429501aa. is there anything else for just the driver door proximity keyless entry with matching handles? Thanks again O' mighty parts man.

Haha I just know where to look for it... you can go on the link I posted and look it up yourself.

Seems like 68429501aa is for 1500. Maybe it's different for the 2500.. I'm driving so I'll look for the wiring for you in a few minutes.

You basically need the handle, cap and wire harness if you don't want to wire it yourself.

Rons5thgen

Reaction score
Haha I just know where to look for it... you can go on the link I posted and look it up yourself.

Seems like 68429501aa is for 1500. Maybe it's different for the 2500.. I'm driving so I'll look for the wiring for you in a few minutes.

You basically need the handle, cap and wire harness if you don't want to wire it yourself.

I have been looking on that site, and going back looking up these parts. I'd love to make up the harness, where do I get the factory plugs and pins, Oh, that site, I'll see if l can find them under the harness number. unless you know better.

Rons5thgen

Reaction score
I have been looking on that site, and going back looking up these parts. I'd love to make up the harness, where do I get the factory plugs and pins, Oh, that site, I'll see if l can find them under the harness number. unless you know better.

been looking around that site, ran 3 different trucks, 1500 bighorn cc, then the same 2500 and 3500. need someone that knows more about door handles. the descriptions seems to be very similar. I don't see any cap for the 2500,3500s. example 6NV611SCAD $40, 6NV571SCAD $88.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
been looking around that site, ran 3 different trucks, 1500 bighorn cc, then the same 2500 and 3500. need someone that knows more about door handles. the descriptions seems to be very similar. I don't see any cap for the 2500,3500s. example 6NV611SCAD $40, 6NV571SCAD $88.
They might be the same.
6NV611SCAD is w/o keyless sense.

tdb0021

Reaction score
I contacted RamCares (FCA representative member of this forum) outlining the issue we are having and invtited him to read through this thread and join the discussion. This was my messege to him:

Here is his reply:

I am curious to see if anything amounts from this. Fingers crossed. I don’t see why they would care, it will bring more people to the dealers.

ethemartian

Reaction score
This is for any FCA representative reviewing this thread. Please reconsider making this a kit/option to add after the sales. I'd be willing to pay extra to add this feature to my Big Horn. Thanks!

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
This is for any FCA representative reviewing this thread. Please reconsider making this a kit/option to add after the sales. I'd be willing to pay extra to add this feature to my Big Horn. Thanks!
Haha
That was funny...

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I doubt FCA would every release a kit to add passive entry considering all the possible color combinations and w/ or w/o chrome. If it every did happen it would be years down the road in other words don't hold your breath. Hopefully they take some pity and will let dealers add the sales code.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread