5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

Swifty

Reaction score
Contact anyone at FCA you can if enough interest or voices heard maybe we’ll get it done I’m just one guy and I am trying like heck I promise y’all

Rons5thgen

Reaction score
That's ok I really don't like the chrome. I removed all the other chrome already. So the back ones would have to be different since there is no button right? I'd like to find the PN for both with chrome and without then and decide from there.
Thanks for all the hard work you have done.

I'll take the chrome!!

it is a 19, correct?

Rons5thgen

Reaction score
Alfaobd worked on the 4th gens. If your 19HD has the same bcm & rfh as a 4th gen, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.
Here’s the link for a 4th gen

Does your 19HD still use the 4th key from
Continental ? Or the 5th gen key from Strattec?

Thanks, I have keyless entry and push button start also remote start. wanted to add passive entry. ls it possible l have the right harness for that passive entry?

racerxxxr

Reaction score
Rons5thgwn, I am just trying to get rid of the chrome inlay in the door handles and swap them out for painted one.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Rons5thgwn, I am just trying to get rid of the chrome inlay in the door handles and swap them out for painted one.
The painted ones are actually cheaper... you can get a set online for about $200 for all of them.

Rons5thgen

Reaction score
The painted ones are actually cheaper... you can get a set online for about $200 for all of them.

My question to you is, does your front grill look like mine, im looking for someone to swap my paint for chrome. I think the 1500s have a different grill layout.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
My question to you is, does your front grill look like mine, im looking for someone to swap my paint for chrome. I think the 1500s have a different grill layout.
1500s have a completely different front fascia than 2500s and 3500s....

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
And I wish my truck came with painted bumpers... imo it looks way better than the chrome ones...

racerxxxr

Reaction score
Agreed, thinking of having my chrome bumpers and grill painted white to match the body.

Apexbasher

Reaction score
Bummed. I've been away for a while and just started catching up on this conversation. Got SUPER excited with Swifty's revelation and shot him a PM! Kept reading and few pages later-BANG... heartbreak. The good news is it CAN be done.

Now we need to get them to ALLOW it to be done. Let's get some contact info for some grassroots letter-writing!

hbass

Reaction score
Hi all!

I saw your thread and thought I would post some information I have found. I am a part of the Jeep JL forum and have been researching how to add passive entry. Since the Uconnect systems are pretty similar on Ram and Jeep, I figure this information will be somewhat relevant. I have used the Jscan app, to program my vehicle for passive entry. The setting shows up, as shown in the picture, but does not stay selected, so that was a dead end.

Jeep has announced they are doing a livestream event with the head of Jeep, engineers, and other higher-ups. They asked for questions, and I stated how FCA should create a dealer added package for passive entry, or allow owners some way to add it. The live stream is April 24th, and hopefully I will receive an answer as to whether they would do it or not.

I will keep you posted as to their response and to whether it would happen or not.

Thanks.:)

Attachments

• FA65A46C-3C34-47F3-BA70-488ABFE21183.jpeg
    FA65A46C-3C34-47F3-BA70-488ABFE21183.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 57

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all!

I saw your thread and thought I would post some information I have found. I am a part of the Jeep JL forum and have been researching how to add passive entry. Since the Uconnect systems are pretty similar on Ram and Jeep, I figure this information will be somewhat relevant. I have used the Jscan app, to program my vehicle for passive entry. The setting shows up, as shown in the picture, but does not stay selected, so that was a dead end.

Jeep has announced they are doing a livestream event with the head of Jeep, engineers, and other higher-ups. They asked for questions, and I stated how FCA should create a dealer added package for passive entry, or allow owners some way to add it. The live stream is April 24th, and hopefully I will receive an answer as to whether they would do it or not.

I will keep you posted as to their response and to whether it would happen or not.

Awesome!!!!
Thank you for adding us to the loop.
I really hope it's going to work.

Rons5thgen

Reaction score
Hi all!

Great to know, l'll look forward to the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread