5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

Tropigator

Reaction score
Hey Tropigator, I see your in Pompano, hello from Sunrise. Were you able to get the mod done? If not maybe I can help, I'm planning on doing the mod soon and was hoping to at least get a feel for it or do it together with someone.

If anyone else is in South Florida and wants to do this I would be happy to participate.
Hi Nozzleman, I was out of town for Thanksgiving and just saw this post. I had bought all of the parts back in late Oct/early Nov, but when I had time to do it the weather was crappy. I may try to start on it tomorrow. Did yoy
No, I haven't even purchased the parts yet unfortunately. Thanks for reaching back out to me. I'm a little sad over it, but I'm probably going to wait until January to do mine, a few other things have come up.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Ok, I will let you know how it goes....it looks like we have same truck ... white and night edition.
get yours done?

Nozzleman

Reaction score
I actually bought it just like that, Massey Yardley got me a great deal. I love the truck, the only thing I wish it had was the keyless entry. I guess we'll both have it soon.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

jrhickman13

Reaction score
Hi Nozzleman, I was out of town for Thanksgiving and just saw this post. I had bought all of the parts back in late Oct/early Nov, but when I had time to do it the weather was crappy. I may try to start on it tomorrow. Did yoy

Ok, I will let you know how it goes....it looks like we have same truck ... white and night edition.
get yours done?

I have the White Night Edition as well. Would either of you mind sharing the part numbers for the door handles you used? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the White Night Edition as well. Would either of you mind sharing the part numbers for the door handles you used? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post #7 has all the part numbers. Mine is bright white and I posted the ones I used.

california hauler

Reaction score
This is all amazing and daunting. Anyone in the Bay Area CA that would be willing to do mine for a fee?

benibarra23

Reaction score
Awesome thread, thanks for all the hard work guys. Going to order that harness from Jimmy and the parts right away. Can I get some help on the right parts if anybody has done a 2020 2500?
Cant seem to find the right door caps or how to verify which color is the right one.

I think this is the right door handles I need

2 Harness from Jimmy (need to confirm if I need trunk harness for antenna as well)
Left handle door cap (Cant find the right part for 2020 2500)
Right handle door cap (Cant find the right part for 2020 2500)
1 52112204AA (Antenna)

Hydro Blue 2020 2500 Power Wagon
VIN 3C6TR5EJ5LG216838

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome thread, thanks for all the hard work guys. Going to order that harness from Jimmy and the parts right away. Can I get some help on the right parts if anybody has done a 2020 2500?
Cant seem to find the right door caps or how to verify which color is the right one.

I think this is the right door handles I need

2 Harness from Jimmy (need to confirm if I need trunk harness for antenna as well)
Left handle door cap (Cant find the right part for 2020 2500)
Right handle door cap (Cant find the right part for 2020 2500)
1 52112204AA (Antenna)

Hydro Blue 2020 2500 Power Wagon
VIN 3C6TR5EJ5LG216838
The 2500 handles are different (not 2-piece). Assuming you already have body color handles, these are your front body color proximity handles:
Front left- 1UJ81MBJAI
Front right- 1UJ86MBJAI
Rear antenna- 56046957AA
The rear antenna connector should already be there for you, but double check anyway.

benibarra23

Reaction score
The 2500 handles are different (not 2-piece). Assuming you already have body color handles, these are your front body color proximity handles:
Front left- 1UJ81MBJAI
Front right- 1UJ86MBJAI
Rear antenna- 56046957AA
The rear antenna connector should already be there for you, but double check anyway.
Sorry I just realized my handles are the plastic black color. Not the same color as my truck. Do you know the part # for those? Also can you clarify, all I need is the front left, front right and rear antenna and 2 of your harnesses? I wont need the door caps?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry I just realized my handles are the plastic black color. Not the same color as my truck. Do you know the part # for those? Also can you clarify, all I need is the front left, front right and rear antenna and 2 of your harnesses? I wont need the door caps?
Proximity handles are not available in textured black like you have. You would need all four handles body color (if you want them all to match). There’s no caps used for the HD handles. These are the part numbers you would need:
Front left handle- 1UJ81MBJAI
Front right handle- 1UJ86MBJAI
Rear left handle- 1GH19MBJAD
Rear right handle- 1GH18MBJAD
Rear antenna- 56046957AA

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those with the HD’s that complete this, if you don’t post up part numbers for handles in the main thread, if you don’t mind, please message me with that info along with any issues you ran into and I will update the parts list in the beginning. If someone wants to go so far as to document the process on the HD’s, there’s still a couple empty posts that can be used to put that info together for everyone.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody that has done this and swapped the factory door harnesses in, I’m looking to buy a set of your old door harnesses for a side project. PM me if you have the old set that you want to sell.

Tropigator

Reaction score
Here are some part numbers to get people started. These should work on both 2019 and 2020 models. Harnesses are going to be more specific based on your options, or you can just add the 2 wires and plugs to your existing stuff and save a good bit of money.

Double check the description if you use these numbers to order stuff and make sure it's correct. If you find a mistake please let me know so I can correct it.

ColorBody Color HandleBody Color/Chrome HandleHandle Cap, LeftHandle Cap, Right
Bright White6CV64GW7AD6C4361W7AD6CV50GW7AC6CV52GW7AB
Ivory White6CV64KGZAD6CV361WDAD6CV50JWDAC6CV52JWDAB
Diamond Black Crystal6CV64KXJAD6CV361XJAD6CV50KXJAC6CV52KXJAB
Maximum Steel Metallic6CV64KARAD6CV361ARAD6CV50KARAC6CV52KARAB
Granite Crystal Metallic6CV64LAUAD6CV361AUAD6CV50LAUAC6CV52LAUAB
Billet Silver Metallic6CV64JSCAD6CV361SCAD6CV50JSCAC6CV52JSCAB
Patriot Blue Pearl6CV64RPXAD6CV361PXAD6CV50RPXAC6CV52RPXAB
Blue Streak Pearl6CV64KCLAD6CV361CLAD6CV50KCLAC6CV52KCLAB
Flame Red6CV64PR4AD6CV361R4AD6CV50PR4AC6CV52PR4AB

Replacement Clips

Door Interior Trim Panel Retainer (Yellow): 6510747AA

Door Interior Trim Panel Retainer (White): 6510359AA
I just completed mine including both front doors and rear antenna (all works perfectly, no errors, no issues) and I have similar truck to Mayhem, 2020, White Bighorn, Crew Cab, 6'4" bed, Night Edition, 4x4, 33 gal tank, 3:21 gears, L2 interior, 12" display with Navi and can confirm the brite white parts listed above worked perfectly. Thank You to Mayhem and Jimmy and others who contributed to getting this done. I used above part numbers and Jimmy's 3 harnesses, KaodTech Bypass and Alpha ODB, GREAT JOB!

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just completed mine including both front doors and rear antenna (all works perfectly, no errors, no issues) and I have similar truck to Mayhem, 2020, White Bighorn, Crew Cab, 6'4" bed, Night Edition, 4x4, 33 gal tank, 3:21 gears, L2 interior, 12" display with Navi and can confirm the brite white parts listed above worked perfectly. Thank You to Mayhem and Jimmy and others who contributed to getting this done. I used above part numbers and Jimmy's 3 harnesses, KaodTech Bypass and Alpha ODB, GREAT JOB!

Glad to hear it worked out for you with no issues. I actually just traded my Bighorn in on a ‘21 Laramie that had the PE and a few other options I wanted already included, but I still plan on tracking this thread and should get some additional info posted for the HD folks over the next few weeks when I get some down time.

For those that have wondered or asked about it, I do plan on getting the PE added and functioning on the rear doors as well, so stay tuned if that’s something you’ve been wishing you could add.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked out for you with no issues. I actually just traded my Bighorn in on a ‘21 Laramie that had the PE and a few other options I wanted already included, but I still plan on tracking this thread and should get some additional info posted for the HD folks over the next few weeks when I get some down time.

For those that have wondered or asked about it, I do plan on getting the PE added and functioning on the rear doors as well, so stay tuned if that’s something you’ve been wishing you could add.
Can't wait for rear door option!!!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

eproulx38

Reaction score
What is the overall cost of this project?
I just ordered everything last week. I paid $311 (included tax and shipping) for all parts - 2 handles, 2 handle caps, rear antenna, and the 3 harnesses that Jimmy07 makes. I already owned alfaobd, bypass , and obdlink mx to do the programming.

Maintf16

Reaction score
Does this same mod work for the 2021? I just bought a 2021 Built to Serve edition and was curious if anyone has tried this on a 2021. Also my handles are the flat black plastic ones, does anyone know the part #’s I would need to purchase. Appreciate any help/advice I can get. Thanks

Last edited:

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does this same mod work for the 2021? I just bought a 2021 Built to Serve edition and was curious if anyone has tried this on a 2021. Also my handles are the flat black plastic ones, does anyone know the part #’s I would need to purchase. Appreciate any help/advice I can get. Thanks

It should work the same on the ‘21’s. The PE handles aren’t available in the textured black plastic that I’m aware of, so you would have to color match or do the painted black ones.

Maintf16

Reaction score
just curious if anyone on here has attempted to buy the new passive entry handles and used a Dremel to cut out the square and then swapped the hardware into the textured black handles. Also has anyone had any issues with the dealership revoking their warranty bc of this?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
just curious if anyone on here has attempted to buy the new passive entry handles and used a Dremel to cut out the square and then swapped the hardware into the textured black handles. Also has anyone had any issues with the dealership revoking their warranty bc of this?

I don’t know that cutting and trying to swap parts is doable, but with enough determination, who knows. What color is your truck? I’ve got the original non-pe handles off my truck I traded, I’d be willing to sacrifice one to see if they are even able to be disassembled without ruining them.

As for the warranty, if you just add the harnesses from Jimmy07, you’re not really doing much to any of the original wiring, and it would have to be proven that whatever you did was the specific cause of failure. It’s not going to void your whole warranty, I imagine it would fall under the same lines of adding exhaust or air intakes which don’t void warranty coverage unless they specifically caused a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread