5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok so it looks like I am going to be upgrading to a 4x4 BTS soon.... I already have the parts for my current truck but it’s ceramic gray and I don’t believe you can get body color handles. I was planning on wrapping the two handles I have and the rear ones to match.... I’m just wondering if I need different harnesses than the ones I have. Anybody able to look that up if I provide the new vin and my existing part numbers?

2019Rebel0747

Reaction score
So ? Everyone doing this mod to there nonpassive entry trucks. Do you a have 2020 rams that are doing this or does it work for the 2019 as well? I hear there's different wiring. .thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Successfully modded my 2019. Door harnesses are different for the 19’s and 20’s. I used Jimmy07’s harnesses and they are good as OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanZ

Reaction score
I did my rear antenna last night for my 2020 and it matched 100%. Will do doors this evening.

RyanZ

Reaction score
Okay I’m stuck and need some help. Having a hard time getting this removed and even when I remove it am I going to have enough extra slack to install the two wires?

DC67C555-A881-495D-8371-514988BF9FCA.jpeg
also this routing okay for the wire? Along door behind track? 89B237FA-BC1B-4460-A96F-5FD5E09FE73D.jpeg

mcclelland32

Reaction score
push the connector back in and then press in the bottom clips first, then the top. It will come out easier. Yes you will have room with the wires once that plug is pulled out

Last edited:

mcclelland32

Reaction score
I used the harnesses from @Jimmy07 and ran them next to the factor harness from that connector all the way to the door handles using zip ties.

RaiedZ

Reaction score
Alrighty holy h that was fun! got it all done! System is working! My 12" Nav System isnt loading Uconnect or the Doors/Locks Settings page? I let it sit for 15mins, did 3 cycles through it. Should I remove the battery again or just do a few more engine cycles?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alrighty holy h that was fun! got it all done! System is working! My 12" Nav System isnt loading Uconnect or the Doors/Locks Settings page? I let it sit for 15mins, did 3 cycles through it. Should I remove the battery again or just do a few more engine cycles?
If it’s not loading Uconnect usually it takes a bit longer. I think the NAV systems take longer to load all the apps.

mcclelland32

Reaction score
12" NAV here... took a few hours and cycles. I never disconnected the battery.

Boykin2

Reaction score
Thanks for all the effort and information. Has anyone tried it with the matte black Built to Serve handles? If so do you have the numbers? Thanks

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for all the effort and information. Has anyone tried it with the matte black Built to Serve handles? If so do you have the numbers? Thanks
I think the BTS has the tradesman handles so I don’t think there is a matching set that has the proximity pad. I’m probably going to wrap the handles to match the ceramic gray so any handles should work. If you want black then the diamond black handles are your only option I believe

RyanZ

Reaction score
Is it normal for the passenger side to unlock the truck but won't lock the truck when the button is pressed? Driver Side locks and unlocks just fine.

racerxxxr

Reaction score
No mine both work the same. Sometimes i noticed though immediately after unlocking you must wait a second or two before lovking. Hope that helps

RyanZ

Reaction score
No mine both work the same. Sometimes i noticed though immediately after unlocking you must wait a second or two before lovking. Hope that helps
Thats what it was! It worked today when giving it a second lol.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got all the handles, caps, and antenna ordered. Last thing I need is Alfaobd and maybe an OBD2 reader as mine says OBD so not sure that one will work.

Users who are viewing this thread