5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

WheelerNation

Reaction score
If anybody doesn’t want to spend the money for the entire door harnesses and rear facia harness, and doesn’t feel like building the add on harnesses with the parts, let me know and I can build them for you-
Ybotwhi.jpg
I need a rear fascia harness. Let me know how much. Thanks in advance.

ssick92

Reaction score
If anybody doesn’t want to spend the money for the entire door harnesses and rear facia harness, and doesn’t feel like building the add on harnesses with the parts, let me know and I can build them for you-
Ybotwhi.jpg

Can you confirm the correct part number that will work for the factory 2020 rear fascia wiring is 68294468AD? Says it supports "Keyless Go" but not "Passive Entry", although I'm assuming that is a mixing of terms across the 2 model years... Looks like this one is technically for the 2019 but I can't seem to find one for the 2020.

Last edited:

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you confirm the correct part number that will work for the factory 2020 rear fascia wiring is 68294468AD? Says it supports "Keyless Go" but not "Passive Entry", although I'm assuming that is a mixing of terms across the 2 model years... Looks like this one is technically for the 2019 but I can't seem to find one for the 2020.

It’s honestly gonna be easier to just use one of the harnesses Jimmy07 makes. It was super easy to do, and routing the wires took longer than installing the pins in the factory connector. The factory bumper harness has a ton of clips on it, plugs for everything, and it’s routed in some tight spots.

Chillz

Reaction score
Amazing work! Thanks to all of you who helped figure this out, as I'm sure there are tons of us who will be attempting this mod in the near future! Got the parts ordered, only time will tell if I am able to make it work.

Figured I might as well copy over my part list that I ordered for my 2020 Granite Crystal Metallic from the other thread, although can't quite confirm they are all correct since they haven't been delivered yet. Don't blame me if they are wrong!

Part NumberDescriptionQty
52112204AAPassive Entry Antenna1
68361306ADFront Door Wiring, Right1
68439512AAFront Door Wiring1
6CV361AUADExterior Door Handle, Right2
6CV50LAUACDoor Handle Cap, Left1
6CV50LAUABDoor Handle Cap, Right1
It seems the left harness for the 2020 and 2019's are different. When I tried ordering 68439512AA for my 2019 it says its not compatible with my truck and suggested 68361307AC. Can anyone confirm that 68361307AC is actually whats correct for the 2019's?

2019Rebel0747

Reaction score
Ybotwhi.jpg

Sent you a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone in Ohio want to just do the work for me? Lol :)
Worth a shot.

You guys make it look easy but I'm sure I'll screw something up!

It’s not as bad as it may look. Just take your time and it should go smoothly.

rob989_69

Reaction score
What's the easiest way to figure out what the part numbers are for my particular truck? There's a ton of handles with a large range in price.

moparleo51

Reaction score
Anyone in Ohio want to just do the work for me? Lol :)
Worth a shot.

You guys make it look easy but I'm sure I'll screw something up!
hey if i get the parts maybe we can do ours at the same time. im in the northeast part of ohio,

moparleo51

Reaction score
What's the easiest way to figure out what the part numbers are for my particular truck? There's a ton of handles with a large range in price.
i too would like the easest route on getting the correct parts for my particular truck, i sent i thing mayhem my vin but never got back with me.

parnine

Reaction score
i too would like the easest route on getting the correct parts for my particular truck, i sent i thing mayhem my vin but never got back with me.

If you give your VIN to any half way decent dealer parts dept, they can look up the part # and give you prices. You need to ask for the passive entry handle, cap, and harness (if you are not making your own wiring harness) for each door you are doing. This way, from your VIN, you'll get the correct color match, with or w/o chrome, etc. and if you are ordering the wire harness you'll get the correct one based on your other options installed.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Check these

6CV64KXJAD-Handles

6CV52KXJAB-Cap, Right

6CV50KXJAC-Cap, Left

Last edited:

moparleo51

Reaction score
If you give your VIN to any half way decent dealer parts dept, they can look up the part # and give you prices. You need to ask for the passive entry handle, cap, and harness (if you are not making your own wiring harness) for each door you are doing. This way, from your VIN, you'll get the correct color match, with or w/o chrome, etc. and if you are ordering the wire harness you'll get the correct one based on your other options installed.
yeah im in good terms with the dealer i bought my truck from,but not so much on terms with there service.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Start at the link below. I'm not endorsing that particular site, it's just what came up for me. Just pay attention to the description of each handle and cap. It needs to have +remote proximity keyless entry or +passive entry in the description, along with your paint description. It will also say either body color, or body color/chrome for the handle (the caps are all body colored). Looks like yours are probably going to be the same as the ones I posted a few minutes ago since you have the same color.

Click Here

rob989_69

Reaction score
yeah im in good terms with the dealer i bought my truck from,but not so much on terms with there service.
Thank You! That was a great help. So The only other things I need are the antenna, which I found, and either the complete harness or the wiring Jimmy07 is selling correct?

Thanks again!

parnine

Reaction score
Antenna Part #s -

52112204AA and 52112203AA are for the DT and discussed around page 39 of the adding passive entry thread - 52112204AA is technically for the interior and has mounting tabs 'on the same side' and costs around $12 ($8 online) while 52112203AA is for the exterior and has mounting tabs 'on the opposite sides' and costs around $400 ($270 online)

56046957AA is for the DS interior and has mounting tabs 'on the opposite sides' and costs around $12 ($8 online)

Per post #841 in the adding passive entry thread here - 56046957AA, with mounting tabs on the opposite side (see pic below) will still work with out needing to drill new holes or custom mount

@MayhemMOORE - can you confirm and maybe update your great 'how to' with the specific antenna part number that worked for you (56046957AA, technically for a DS) and confirm the mounting holes, even though on opposite sides, still align to be mounted?

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 10.49.43 AM.png

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Antenna Part #s -

52112204AA and 52112203AA are for the DT and discussed around page 39 of the adding passive entry thread - 52112204AA is technically for the interior and has mounting tabs 'on the same side' and costs around $12 ($8 online) while 52112203AA is for the exterior and has mounting tabs 'on the opposite sides' and costs around $400 ($270 online)

56046957AA is for the DS interior and has mounting tabs 'on the opposite sides' and costs around $12 ($8 online)

Per post #841 in the adding passive entry thread here - 56046957AA, with mounting tabs on the opposite side (see pic below) will still work with out needing to drill new holes or custom mount

@MayhemMOORE - can you confirm and maybe update your great 'how to' with the specific antenna part number that worked for you (56046957AA, technically for a DS) and confirm the mounting holes, even though on opposite sides, still align to be mounted?

View attachment 62892

I’m working on compiling a list of part numbers for everything in all the colors. Handles, caps, and possibly harnesses. It will go up in one of the empty posts.

Check the attachment I added to the first post, it has all the part numbers for building your own harness and the antenna part numbers.

Below is what I installed, and a shot of it in the truck, with temporary clips until I find bolts to mount it properly.

0bb2045399d635cc91d9049604b0e541.jpg

650212bf272ffe2c51ebb990664ad572.jpg

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with the Alfaobd program on a smart phone? I have an old android phone that I think can run it. I don't want to waste the money on an android tablet if its not necessary.

moparleo51

Reaction score
Start at the link below. I'm not endorsing that particular site, it's just what came up for me. Just pay attention to the description of each handle and cap. It needs to have +remote proximity keyless entry or +passive entry in the description, along with your paint description. It will also say either body color, or body color/chrome for the handle (the caps are all body colored). Looks like yours are probably going to be the same as the ones I posted a few minutes ago since you have the same color.

Click Here
[/QUOTE thanks for the link, and i have one more question? i see that this passive entry work around is working on 2020 rams, will this work on the 2019 as well? asnt sure if any parts changed as the harnesses and such.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The 2019 and 2020 share most of the same parts. They may change some small stuff here and there, but the procedure should function just the same. Others went the sales code route and it works, using AlfaOBD just accomplishes that portion of it manually.

Users who are viewing this thread