5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Heated Seats

brental1

Reaction score
Thanks to these two for sharing and being awesome!

@Jimmy07
@FM45

Thanks for the push/knowledge to go forward!
Committed to trying again this morning.
Attacked the entertainment stack, swapped the temp control.
Went back into Alpha and had to turn the heated steering wheel options on (even though that is not present yet) this seemed to make a difference. After the first start the heat seat buttons lit up! 🔥
I have control of the Driver and now the passenger seats! Avoided the wiring snafu and that was a huge relief!
My rear end is toasty as I write.

This solved the hard buttons(which I was happy to avoid) but still after all this, nothing comes up for the soft controls. This still leaves me scratching why they won't populate the screen.

Now I am empowered to go after the steering wheel and a remote start. One baby step at a time.
These forums are so helpful and everyone that contributes, Big Thanks all around.

So far, I've identified the following wires that need to be added. 6 wires that need to be interconnected between the DRIVER and PASS yellows connectors. And these additional wires to the PASS yellow--2 feeds to the clock spring (for heated wheel, 3 Fused Ignition . Does anyone know the name of the yellow connectos? Still would love to have wiring diagrams.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-08 093454.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-08 093454.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot 2023-05-08 093608.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-08 093608.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 24

brental1

Reaction score
@brental1 --- I am still finishing up the how-to, which I hope will clear up some of your questions... I am writing it on my down time... that's why it's not done yet :)

-=FM45=-
So far, I've identified 13 wires I need to add. Still very interesting in seeing your how-to.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-08 093454.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-08 093454.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2023-05-08 093608.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-08 093608.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 14

brental1

Reaction score
Awesome write up my friend. So i upgraded my cloth seats to leather katskins and added all these harnesses and module for a factory install. I have enabled the bcm for heated seats and all good up to there.
But then I noticed I was missing 4 wires on the yellow plug.
Since you had the same scenario, do the missing wires get ran from yellow plug to yellow plug? Seat to seat?
If so, what are those pins for the yellow connector called so I can purchase them? Or maybe you can direct me to where I can purchase them.

Thanks for all your work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What truck/option package do you have. So, far, I'm needing to add around 20 wires. I have 2022 BH with Level 1 Equipment Group and am swapping in Laramie heated/vented/memory driver/power seats and heated steering wheel. The attached "diagram" is not complete. The harness I'm building is almost complete. Any hits will be appreciated

Attachments

• Harness board.jpg
    Harness board.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2023-05-12 080601.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-12 080601.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 23

brental1

Reaction score
Yes.. to Fuse box and to the Can junction block.... unless your body wire harness already has them presently...
If I remember correctly, you'll need 3 or 4 power wires and a pair of twisted wire for the data...
-=FM45=-
What truck/option package do you have? I have 2022 BH with Level 1 Equipment Group and so far I think I'm missing around 20 wires. If there's a better/easier way to do this, I'd really like to know. So far, I've reverse engineered this 'wiring diagram' which is not complete, and an building a 'supplemental' harness by stealing wires from a donor harness. I'm really stressing about this and will appreciate ANY tips, suggestions, corrections, etc.

Attachments

• Harness board.jpg
    Harness board.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot 2023-05-12 080601.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-12 080601.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 13

castc

Reaction score
I know FM45 is coming out with a guide but here is a quick and dirty guide for some people. it may be missing some information.

Attachments

• Ram 1500 heated seat guide.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 55

brental1

Reaction score
I know FM45 is coming out with a guide but here is a quick and dirty guide for some people. it may be missing some information.
Thank you very much! Either with the MY changes from 2019 to 2022, or maybe because I have Level 1 Equipment Group, my harness was significantly de-contented. As I posted, I'm needing to add at least 20 wires to the IP and cabin harnesses. The driver's seat I bought is "twerked" from the wreck. I'm considering swapping the seat heaters, vent bags, and of course the leather from the donor seat to my seat. Your guide will be very helpful for that. Brent

brental1

Reaction score
Thank you very much! Either with the MY changes from 2019 to 2022, or maybe because I have Level 1 Equipment Group, my harness was significantly de-contented. As I posted, I'm needing to add at least 20 wires to the IP and cabin harnesses. The driver's seat I bought is "twerked" from the wreck. I'm considering swapping the seat heaters, vent bags, and of course the leather from the donor seat to my seat. Your guide will be very helpful for that. Brent
Built the 3rd of 3 harnesses today and starting to put them in the truck. I could have built all the IP wires into one harness, instead of two; but I felt more comfortable having two separate harnesses. 29 wires! DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! unless you have LOTS of time. Seriously, I would not do this again. Hope the truck still runs after this! Waiting on the new clock spring--finally decided on

68545657AA​

Hope that's the correct PN. Description says "Clockspring is PIA To This Part". Hope that means Part In Assembly or something like that, and not Pain In ***. Also waiting on Center Stack with Heated Seat and Wheel and Vented Seat Switches (eBay seller is moving; so shipment has been delayed over a week). Then I can swap the seats, steering wheel, and clock spring in. And then the flashing.

Attachments

• seat connector finished.jpg
    seat connector finished.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 31
  • seat connector add.jpg
    seat connector add.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Board MT.jpg
    Board MT.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Board Harness 3.jpg
    Board Harness 3.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 29

brental1

Reaction score
Well, someway, the heated/vented seats work. The heated steering wheel button lights for just a few seconds; so I'm optimistic it will work as soon as I receive and install the new clock spring.

Attachments

• vented.jpg
    vented.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Laramie seats.jpg
    Laramie seats.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Heated.jpg
    Heated.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Heated Steering Wheel.jpg
    Heated Steering Wheel.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 18

brental1

Reaction score
Someway, as soon as I finished ALL the wiring and installed the new center stack, the Vented/Heated seat hard buttons work--as do the heaters and fans in the seats. The Heated steering wheel button lights for a few seconds; but I think this is normal since I haven't installed the new clock spring yet (it should arrive tomorrow!). I probably could live without the soft buttons forever; but might as well enable them. I'm confused by all the settings in your how to. If my hard buttons already work, then do I not need to enter all the settings related to seat material, 3 positions, etc.? In other words, which settings do I need to change or update to get the soft buttons?

Attachments

• Heated.jpg
    Heated.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 8
  • vented.jpg
    vented.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Heated Steering Wheel.jpg
    Heated Steering Wheel.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 8

FM45

Reaction score
Still add those settings with Alfa.... the soft buttons will be enabled... you'll have to enable the cooled also.... Also with those settings, when the temp is below 40, the drivers wheel and seat will turn with the remote starter... I know you are changing the clock spring, but you never mentioned a new heated wheel... that's needed also ;)

-=FM45=-

brental1

Reaction score
Still add those settings with Alfa.... the soft buttons will be enabled... you'll have to enable the cooled also.... Also with those settings, when the temp is below 40, the drivers wheel and seat will turn with the remote starter... I know you are changing the clock spring, but you never mentioned a new heated wheel... that's needed also ;)

-=FM45=-
OK, thanks. I've had the heated wheel for awhile. When I first started the project, I assumed, incorrectly, that it would be like my 3rd Gen which had only one PN for clock spring-regardless of options. Seems to me like manufacturing and then managing an additional PN just for 2 extra contacts is not very efficient. But Stelantis nor Fiat's Development Department has not asked for my input! BTW, I wired the 5 pin Switch-Adjustable Pedals-Memory into my truck today. I don't plan to add the door switch for Memory nor replace the Adjustable Pedals switch; but I think I have all the wires in the truck now if I decide to do it in the future. I'll have to count; but I'm somewhere around 35 wires now.

Last edited:

brental1

Reaction score
Installed

68545657AA Multi function Switch with Clock Spring PIA today. Pinned 2 wires from Pass Seat connector into

MODULE-STEERING COLUMN CONTROL C1. I had an OR/DB wire for

MODULE-STEERING COLUMN CONTROL C2; but it was already present. I had found this OR/DR when wiring in the Inverter connectors. I now have heated steering wheel.

jsimon26

Reaction score
@tabber02 ... yes and no, I did have my shop drop in the heat pads, module, and seat wiring. I just got to remove the center console to change the harness and add the rear buttons to the end cap. Also have to create a harness that comes from the rear module to the fuse box and as well as the can block... I'm close yet so far away... If you're looking for part numbers let me know and I can post them up...

-=FM45=-
Did you ever figure out the rear heated seats? I just added Laramie seats to my Big Horn and would like to get the rear figured out eventually. I got the vented fronts enabled easily with alfa so no issues there.

I received the center console with the seats so I swapped that in so the buttons are there already. I just need to figure out what wire I need that goes from the driver side back seat over to the module on the passenger side and then the wiring that goes to the module.

brental1

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out the rear heated seats? I just added Laramie seats to my Big Horn and would like to get the rear figured out eventually. I got the vented fronts enabled easily with alfa so no issues there.

I received the center console with the seats so I swapped that in so the buttons are there already. I just need to figure out what wire I need that goes from the driver side back seat over to the module on the passenger side and then the wiring that goes to the module.
Just a part of the answer. Make sure you have the RD/GN wire in pin 3 and the OR/DB wire in pin 5 of XY360A (body side), the console connector. Both these wires split inside the console harness and a branch of each goes to both the Heated Seat Switches (L and R).

The OR/DB originates at pin 36 of XY331A. There's a 3 way splice in the IP harness. One branch goes to XY360A (above), 2nd branch to the clock spring and 3rd branch to Inverter Switch.

Attachments

• XY 360A Center console 24.jpg
    XY 360A Center console 24.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Center console 24 pinouts flipped.jpg
    Center console 24 pinouts flipped.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 36

MyNYCRam76

Reaction score
Built the 3rd of 3 harnesses today and starting to put them in the truck. I could have built all the IP wires into one harness, instead of two; but I felt more comfortable having two separate harnesses. 29 wires! DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! unless you have LOTS of time. Seriously, I would not do this again. Hope the truck still runs after this! Waiting on the new clock spring--finally decided on

68545657AA​

Hope that's the correct PN. Description says "Clockspring is PIA To This Part". Hope that means Part In Assembly or something like that, and not Pain In ***. Also waiting on Center Stack with Heated Seat and Wheel and Vented Seat Switches (eBay seller is moving; so shipment has been delayed over a week). Then I can swap the seats, steering wheel, and clock spring in. And then the flashing.
Where did you get the pins to add to that yellow seat connector? I had to stop there.

brental1

Reaction score
Where did you get the pins to add to that yellow seat connector? I had to stop there.
I bought donor IP and Body (Cabin) harnesses and 'robbed' wires with pins from them. But this should give you repair kit, or individual pin descriptions for the yellow connector. The yellow connectors are XY420A (sure) and XY410A (as I remember)--anyway both yellow connectors use the same pin configuration. https://connectorrepairkit.mopar.com/ ADVERTISEMENT: I have repaired both the IP and Body harnesses back to Big Horn Level 1 Equipment Group option content and have them for sale on eBay. 2019-up RAM 1500 DT(5th Gen) Wiring, Body, Cabin | eBay

brental1

Reaction score
I bought donor IP and Body (Cabin) harnesses and 'robbed' wires with pins from them. But this should give you repair kit, or individual pin descriptions for the yellow connector. The yellow connectors are XY420A (sure) and XY410A (as I remember)--anyway both yellow connectors use the same pin configuration. https://connectorrepairkit.mopar.com/ ADVERTISEMENT: I have repaired both the IP and Body harnesses back to Big Horn Level 1 Equipment Group option content and have them for sale on eBay. 2019-up RAM 1500 DT(5th Gen) Wiring, Body, Cabin | eBay
I see the connectorrepairkit link didn't populate. Just enter 30 in Number of Cavities field. It will show you repair kit, and individual pin description, info. Seems there's only one connector with 30.

Ajtaub

Reaction score
Great write up. I have a full limited interior in my 2019 ram 1500 bh. I turned the heated and vented seats in with alpha but they didn’t work. I need to get the wiring harness. It’s just the front driver and passenger wiring harness bc the seats have the necessary modules?

jsimon26

Reaction score
Great write up. I have a full limited interior in my 2019 ram 1500 bh. I turned the heated and vented seats in with alpha but they didn’t work. I need to get the wiring harness. It’s just the front driver and passenger wiring harness bc the seats have the necessary modules?

Did your truck not have power and/or heated front seats from the factory? If it didn’t, you need to add the wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread