5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added the Pulsar

kenthelawnguy

Reaction score
Ortiz - I found stock and it’s throttle response to be kind of sluggish. Now, if you push the pedal down in stock mode, it’ll get up and go.

Maybe the Pulsar in performance mode is all throttle response and some advanced timing without any real HP gain. They claim extra HP and torque. But without a before and after dyno pull, I can’t say.

But it’s a lot more responsive and fun to drive. If you’re thinking about the Pulsar and running it performance mode, you probably best not be too concerned with MPGs. :)
lol.. i dropped to 15mpg in performance mode.. worth every penny extra in gas.. there is a video on youtube channel rambeast that showed him doing a dyno that showed i think 48hp gain. dont know about that but if it does, i would say its all bottom end hp..

Whiskey_tango

Reaction score
Well 48hp is a far cry from "improved throttle response". This is quite interesting.

jmac

Reaction score
I had the pulsar on. it does make a big difference. But I also had a lot of problems with it. One time my truck went into limp mode, took it off and was fine. Left it off for about a week, didn't happen again but also when put into performance mode, nothing happened. Could not get it change modes from stock. took it off and got a pedal commander. like it much better. Many more settings, sport 2 mode is just as drastic as pulsar but you can tune it down a little to make it easier to drive.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the pulsar on. it does make a big difference. But I also had a lot of problems with it. One time my truck went into limp mode, took it off and was fine. Left it off for about a week, didn't happen again but also when put into performance mode, nothing happened. Could not get it change modes from stock. took it off and got a pedal commander. like it much better. Many more settings, sport 2 mode is just as drastic as pulsar but you can tune it down a little to make it easier to drive.

This is what I’m worried about as well. The product has to work properly. Then what’s the point of getting it.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is what I’m worried about as well. The product has to work properly. Then what’s the point of getting it.

Sorry to hear some have had problems with the Pulsar. It's been problem free in my truck.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to hear some have had problems with the Pulsar. It's been problem free in my truck.

That’s good to hear. I don’t expect all their products to be problem free. Things happen at times. It’s just I think I read more posts with problems than problem free ones. We may need to make a poll on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Binaryslave

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm installing my pulsar now. I am running 89 octane. Will I hurt my engine if I run in performance mode?

NDRam

Reaction score

Are you getting better mileage with the Pedal Commander? I am getting 15.54 average right now with 9,000 miles on. Hoping for better. Thanks.

lockdpain

Reaction score
Little new to this type of mod - whats the difference between pedal commander and pulsar? Which is better?
I've got a 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 with the Pulsar & Pedal commander (Bluetooth model) installed on my truck with B&S CAI, Borla SS muffler (3" w/o reso's), 3:21 gears, 20x10 with 33 12.50's & I can say with both turned up to Performance mode it is very hard to keep the wheels from spinning!! The truck went from mild to F-N WILD, with that said if I put both in eco-mode I can get 25 mpg's hwy & 17 city!! To those who are worried about dealership being able to see if something has been altered on the truck no worries just take 5 min & uninstall the Pulsar before you take it in for service. I've got 12,526 miles on the truck & with all the mods working together it's a ANIMAL, & I'm going to be installing Gibson long tube headers in the next month or so & hopefully turn my ANIMAL into a DEMON!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread