5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added the Pulsar

Omarf4

Reaction score
Anyone running the pulsar in performance mode and has over 1000 miles, can you please check your muffler and let me know if you have excessive soot? See pic. Just trying to isolate an issue here. Might not be related to the edge pulsar, but want to confirm.

Attachments

• D9ADDA83-8407-483A-A739-D89DB01A9F89.jpeg
    D9ADDA83-8407-483A-A739-D89DB01A9F89.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 99

RedRocketZ28

Reaction score
Anyone running the pulsar in performance mode and has over 1000 miles, can you please check your muffler and let me know if you have excessive soot? See pic. Just trying to isolate an issue here. Might not be related to the edge pulsar, but want to confirm.

Yeah...that’s unrelated.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. Mine is clean.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Is the Pulsars "frame" for a lack of a better term metal or plastic? If it's plastic then I would put the ground between the Pulsar and the ECU for a more solid connection.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is the Pulsars "frame" for a lack of a better term metal or plastic? If it's plastic then I would put the ground between the Pulsar and the ECU for a more solid connection.

Probably good advice, Zombie, but wouldn't the head of the metal bolt that's tightened up against the ground connection provide an adequate ground? That's how I did mine and I've had no issues.

Thanks.

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score

The case?

What exactly would you use to ground plastic? :)

The electrical connections are all in the cable anyway.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
The case?

What exactly would you use to ground plastic? :)

The electrical connections are all in the cable anyway.

I guess it's the case then, the part with the screws go into. If it's plastic I think I would prefer to put the ground against the ECU. Would also put less tension on the ground wire.

19 LL

Reaction score
Just got the pulsar installed last night and went for a drive and was thoroughly impressed ,truck has a little over 900 miles on it and the pulsar was a great addition.another +1 for edge pulsar!!!

Jagtyson

Reaction score
I thought the same thing when installing so I placed the ground between the plastic case and the metal housing of the computer. Mainly because the ground wire was a bit short but also to increase ground contact. The threaded clip that the bolt threads into is also in contact with the metal base of the computer so either way there is sufficient ground contact.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got the pulsar installed last night and went for a drive and was thoroughly impressed ,truck has a little over 900 miles on it and the pulsar was a great addition.another +1 for edge pulsar!!!

Performance mode wakes the truck up doesn’t it? Pricey but I’m glad I purchased it.

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought the same thing when installing so I placed the ground between the plastic case and the metal housing of the computer. Mainly because the ground wire was a bit short but also to increase ground contact. The threaded clip that the bolt threads into is also in contact with the metal base of the computer so either way there is sufficient ground contact.
That's what I did with the ground also but for the video I wanted to do the ground placement the way the manual states for anyone who would follow my install video and the manual that way there's no confusion.

Leif_Ram2019

Reaction score
It sounds like perceived performance / throttle response is definitely better with the pulsar. Which is important, but it sounds like you can get that with less expensive solutions. But there’s no real fuel efficiency benefit, even in economy mode.

What other tune options are out there? Has anyone looked into HemiFever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I'm sold. Just looking for a good deal now.

Next time there's an ebay 15% coupon that'll bring it to ~420, or if you use google shopping express it's 25% off your first purchase which gets to ~430; use market should be 400 shipped at below at this point knowing those are new prices. I'm awaiting a good deal also, missed the ebay one a week or two ago

SColang22

Reaction score
It sounds like perceived performance / throttle response is definitely better with the pulsar. Which is important, but it sounds like you can get that with less expensive solutions. But there’s no real fuel efficiency benefit, even in economy mode.

What other tune options are out there? Has anyone looked into HemiFever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right now there are no other tuners out there. Yes people can write tunes but there is no tuner to load the tune. I’ve been waiting for months. Search the forums for hemifever or jay Greene . There is 1 million opinions out there

kenthelawnguy

Reaction score
I get that but your not understanding. If they run tests of hp output and rpm logs, they may suspect something. Suspecting something is enough for them to say, this has been tampered with. Do they have the proof, no. Will they still decline to service it, very likely.
i just took my truck to the dealer for re call work and to get the amp re flash for the HK system and they could not tell i had the pulsar on my truck. after i got my truck back first thing i did was put it back on and everything has been fine. i was more worried about them saying something about me taking the muffler and resonators off. lol

Users who are viewing this thread