5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add USB ports to backseat BigHorn

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
best of luck to you!

One suggestion from my isolated point of view; i have the 110v outlet in my ram + usb outlets and if I was in your position, I would run 12v beneath the bench seat and affix a proper invertor and pair of 12v power plugs beneath the seat for a few reasons;

* when the seat is flipped up and i'm using the floor for boxes, I cant plug anything into the 110v plug because it juts out and the weight of items can clip/damange anything plugged into usb/110v
* with anything plugged in, i can't hide it and leave it plugged in -there's always a wire running from the console to the cupholders or under the seat
* trip hazard - again, anything plugged in is crossing the load floor which is just asking to be tripped on

my .02; I'd opt for a nice project box or utility panel under the rear seat bench
That is an interesting idea. Could put an on/off switch on the inverter like that also so you werent pulling a draw all the time.

Kleebs22

Reaction score
Good news--Bad news.... the good I got into mine without breaking anything .... the bad ---- the wire harness is NOT present for the rear media hub and 110v outlet... at least on mine, manufactured of 4/19. Next I need to get a hold of the rear wiring schematic to make my own harness. Anybody got that wiring diagram and want share, I am determined to make this work....
No wiring at all like in the pics I sent of mine??

FM45

Reaction score
@K22---- The wire you show in your pic is present in mine, but that goes to the center consoles usb port ( under arm rest ). The harness for the rear hub is totally different from what I can gather from other pics.... As far as the 110v port is concerned, that will be an EZ mod... I really only want the hub so most of my energy will be placed there..

Kleebs22

Reaction score
@K22---- The wire you show in your pic is present in mine, but that goes to the center consoles usb port ( under arm rest ). The harness for the rear hub is totally different from what I can gather from other pics.... As far as the 110v port is concerned, that will be an EZ mod... I really only want the hub so most of my energy will be placed there..
Crap, didnt even realize there was a usb under the armrest. Are you planning on running power and putting in the usb ports as well? Would be interested to see how. Im more interested in just adding the usb. Thanks!

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Another option for those that just want a few extra usb's in the rear center hub where that cup/like area currently is location; you can opt for a usb splitter like in pic below. Run it from the usb located underneath armrest to the back as a quick fix if ya have crumb snatchers back there that need it fastlike:

Edit---add link

OEM will look better but this can fix it for the little ones for some peace of mind.

prairiedoggn

Reaction score
I'm glad to see that others are also trying this. I was hoping to also add USB ports and the 115v module to my Rebel Crew Cab, so for me I would need to replace the entire end cap instead of just the little cubby (the 115v module hangs down a little lower than my current end cap can fit). Once I removed the end cap a few weeks back to see what my options were, and also found that the only wiring I have is for the existing arm rest USB.

I can't find it now, but on one of the console swap projects that's taking place, I saw a cable cluster available on an oem site that appeared to add usb and 115v functionality, but you'd need to run it to your fusebox. If i recall correctly it was around $90.

The dollars are definitely adding up. One big concern I have is... if I buy the end cap that I need, I have a strong assumption that the usb and 115v modules aren't included and I'll need to buy them separately. Again, $$$. Does anyone know from experience?

Matt_T

Reaction score
I'm glad to see that others are also trying this. I was hoping to also add USB ports and the 115v module to my Rebel Crew Cab, so for me I would need to replace the entire end cap instead of just the little cubby (the 115v module hangs down a little lower than my current end cap can fit). Once I removed the end cap a few weeks back to see what my options were, and also found that the only wiring I have is for the existing arm rest USB.

I can't find it now, but on one of the console swap projects that's taking place, I saw a cable cluster available on an oem site that appeared to add usb and 115v functionality, but you'd need to run it to your fusebox. If i recall correctly it was around $90.

The dollars are definitely adding up. One big concern I have is... if I buy the end cap that I need, I have a strong assumption that the usb and 115v modules aren't included and I'll need to buy them separately. Again, $$$. Does anyone know from experience?
I would assume the usb, power outlet and trim piece are different parts.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score

As Matt T stated the items are differently priced based on your specfic vehicle. I looked up the REBEL and it seems cheaper---you will have to verify:

REBEL-Crew-Cab-57L-HEMI-V8/END-CAP-Console/75679588/6EF193X7AB.html

$293 for your REBEL part based on item#7 (don't forget to ask for your 15% discount good through end year)

As for the modules...???

REBEL-Crew-Cab-57L-HEMI-V8/_52016_7564384/Module-Power-Inverter/i2381086.html

wiring:

outlet media power:

Here is the electrical link that I pulled above items from as I may have missed something:

AGAIN AS NOTED FOR ANYONE ELSE READING THIS YOU WILL HAVE TO BE VEHICLE SPECIFIC TO BE SURE ON YOUR PARTS...REBEL BIGHORN ETC...SOME MAY BE THE SAME AND SOME MAY BE DIFFERENT.

This is where I start for any of the vehicle look up parts---->https://www.moparpartsinc.com/

click on RAM PARTS:

Select:

Select---Year, model etc...this way you can find your parts/numbers specifically for your vehicle--some parts are interchangeable others may not....this way you will know for sure.

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
So is this abandoned like others? I can't believe they want 300 bucks for the plastic. I'm leaning more toward the option that was mentioned that referered to building a box to go under seat with 12v USB and an inverter. Starting to sound like the more inventive and cost effective way to make it go. Any sparky's out there that know where an open fuse under the dash may be and what gauge wire would be needed to support this setup?

Pressgrove

Reaction score
Another option for those that just want a few extra usb's in the rear center hub where that cup/like area currently is location; you can opt for a usb splitter like in pic below. Run it from the usb located underneath armrest to the back as a quick fix if ya have crumb snatchers back there that need it fastlike:

View attachment 28229

Edit---add link

OEM will look better but this can fix it for the little ones for some peace of mind.

You could combine that with one of these. The come in single and two port versions.......

71OVJ2xVHsL._SL1500_.jpg

Oscarmusprime

Reaction score
Trying to find it. I have Bighorn with Level 2 package and it has them in the back. Is this what you are looking for or a different one?

View attachment 27275

edit---think it is called bezel console...finding standard one but not the one with the additional items in it...ugh.
this is awesome! could this be done on a Bighorn with lvl 1 equipment group? does anyone know? Can lvl 1 equipment group also add in the 115 V AC 400w plug? Can this be done if you have the front bench seating?

FM45

Reaction score
Still waiting on the OEM wiring harness for the center console... still no ETA :mad:

Oscarmusprime

Reaction score
As Matt T stated the items are differently priced based on your specfic vehicle. I looked up the REBEL and it seems cheaper---you will have to verify:

REBEL-Crew-Cab-57L-HEMI-V8/END-CAP-Console/75679588/6EF193X7AB.html

$293 for your REBEL part based on item#7 (don't forget to ask for your 15% discount good through end year)

As for the modules...???

REBEL-Crew-Cab-57L-HEMI-V8/_52016_7564384/Module-Power-Inverter/i2381086.html

wiring:

outlet media power:

Here is the electrical link that I pulled above items from as I may have missed something:

AGAIN AS NOTED FOR ANYONE ELSE READING THIS YOU WILL HAVE TO BE VEHICLE SPECIFIC TO BE SURE ON YOUR PARTS...REBEL BIGHORN ETC...SOME MAY BE THE SAME AND SOME MAY BE DIFFERENT.

This is where I start for any of the vehicle look up parts---->https://www.moparpartsinc.com/

click on RAM PARTS:
View attachment 28641

Select:
View attachment 28642

Select---Year, model etc...this way you can find your parts/numbers specifically for your vehicle--some parts are interchangeable others may not....this way you will know for sure.
Hey guys, I have a 2019 All-new (not Classic) Ram 1500 Crew Cab, with lvl 1 equipment group, 4 wheel drive, 5.7-Liter V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine, with front Bench seat.
Can anyone help me confirm/leave feed back that these are the right parts for adding the "Rear outlet and USB ports"?

END CAP. Console.
6LC152X7AB (number 7 in the picture)

USB PORT. Media Hub.
68330429AD (number 6 in the picture)

WIRING. Console.
68362133AD (Number 1 in the Picture)

WIRING. Arm Rest.
68349111AC (number 2 in the picture)

POWER OUTLET. Inverter.
68253394AA (number 7 in picture)

I was planning on using the same rear air vents on my current back end cap. does that sound possible?
thanks everyone.

Attachments

• 1562179179900.png
    1562179179900.png
    279.2 KB · Views: 44

prairiedoggn

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2019 All-new (not Classic) Ram 1500 Crew Cab, with lvl 1 equipment group, 4 wheel drive, 5.7-Liter V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine, with front Bench seat.
Can anyone help me confirm/leave feed back that these are the right parts for adding the "Rear outlet and USB ports"?

END CAP. Console.
6LC152X7AB (number 7 in the picture)
View attachment 29704

USB PORT. Media Hub.
68330429AD (number 6 in the picture)
View attachment 29701

WIRING. Console.
68362133AD (Number 1 in the Picture)
View attachment 29702

WIRING. Arm Rest.
68349111AC (number 2 in the picture)
View attachment 29703

POWER OUTLET. Inverter.
68253394AA (number 7 in picture)
View attachment 29705

I was planning on using the same rear air vents on my current back end cap. does that sound possible?
thanks everyone.

Those look right to me but I abandoned this project once I started doing the math. The end cap alone at around $300 was too crazy.

I ended up buying 2 quick charge automotive USB ports and installed into my existing end cap using a forstner drill bit. Picture attached. Ironically, I’m wiring them tonight and have come to the realization that my internal power distribution center didn’t come with a lid, so I literally have no map of what each fuse is for. Owners manual essentially says to look at the lid. Just my luck lol. Can anyone please post a picture of their internal pdc lid?

Attachments

• 0D75FE82-D81D-4A4F-80ED-2E2654744117.jpeg
    0D75FE82-D81D-4A4F-80ED-2E2654744117.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 435

Evilemokid94

Reaction score
Those look right to me but I abandoned this project once I started doing the math. The end cap alone at around $300 was too crazy.

I ended up buying 2 quick charge automotive USB ports and installed into my existing end cap using a forstner drill bit. Picture attached. Ironically, I’m wiring them tonight and have come to the realization that my internal power distribution center didn’t come with a lid, so I literally have no map of what each fuse is for. Owners manual essentially says to look at the lid. Just my luck lol. Can anyone please post a picture of their internal pdc lid?
I don’t have an answe for you but that looks nice and clean! Good job?

TurdFerguson

Reaction score

Looks great. that is where I am heading... any more pictures details?

Oscarmusprime

Reaction score

Wow that looks awesome Prairiedoggn..... where did you get those "automotive USB ports"? Could you post the link to where you purchased them? I might have to do something like that too. Do the parts come with the wiring?

prairiedoggn

Reaction score
Wow that looks awesome Prairiedoggn..... where did you get those "automotive USB ports"? Could you post the link to where you purchased them? I might have to do something like that too. Do the parts come with the wiring?
Sorry for the delay. Here's what I purchased USMEI Dual QC3.0 USB Charger Socket
I've been out of town and am about to actually hook up the wiring and go live. I'll tell you right out of the box the included cable is VERY thin and is also not long enough to reach the interior fuse box, so I purchased some 14awg from Lowes, and am going to run it to a Micro2 Fuse Tap that I purchased, fuse 65 if i remember correctly. What I'm hearing is that the negative wire just needs to be attached to the chassis rather than the fuse box.
I'll post results once I'm done. :)

Users who are viewing this thread